Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > life insurance???

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
life insurance???
or perhaps it should be called death insurance? I'm looking for a company to get what I know of as life insurance in the US, as in if you die in the next X years then your spouse gets a sum of money (as opposed to some sort of savings for long term). If it makes a difference I live in France.

Thanks!!
The text you are quoting:
or perhaps it should be called death insurance? I'm looking for a company to get what I know of as life insurance in the US, as in if you die in the next X years then your spouse gets a sum of money (as opposed to some sort of savings for long term). If it makes a difference I live in France.

Thanks!!
sara_caliDec 8, 2008 @ 16:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 848 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: life insurance???
Post 1
Sorry, can't give you an exact answer for the US insurances.

But maybe just a steering info: such an insurance (pure death risk insurance - this means, no reserve building in any way) is called "Term life". Maybe now your search will be easier.
Sorry, can't give you an exact answer for the US insurances.

But maybe just a steering info: such an insurance (pure death risk insurance - this means, no reserve building in any way) is called "Term life". Maybe now your search will be easier.

GoranG, Dec 9, 2008 @ 17:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
[quote]or perhaps it should be called death insurance? I'm looking for a company to get what I know of as life insurance in the US, as in if you die in the next X years then your spouse gets a sum of money (as opposed to some sort of savings for long term). If it makes a difference I live in France.

Thanks!![/quote]

Hi sara_cali... my name is Rob and I'm a consultant based in Switzerland for Blackden Financial. We are a swiss regulated financial brokers and we could easily help you to find the most appropriate solution to your life Assurance needs. I've also worked for the last 11 years in france doing this sort of work so should be able to help someone french res.. I'm based in Basel but let me know if you would like me to help and we could talk about exactly what you need. I suggest you check out our website to be sure who we are... we deal with all areas of financial planning.

Look forward to hearing from you

Rob (boolly)
[quote]or perhaps it should be called death insurance? I'm looking for a company to get what I know of as life insurance in the US, as in if you die in the next X years then your spouse gets a sum of money (as opposed to some sort of savings for long term). If it makes a difference I live in France.

Thanks!![/quote]

Hi sara_cali... my name is Rob and I'm a consultant based in Switzerland for Blackden Financial. We are a swiss regulated financial brokers and we could easily help you to find the most appropriate solution to your life Assurance needs. I've also worked for the last 11 years in france doing this sort of work so should be able to help someone french res.. I'm based in Basel but let me know if you would like me to help and we could talk about exactly what you need. I suggest you check out our website to be sure who we are... we deal with all areas of financial planning.

Look forward to hearing from you

Rob (boolly)
boolly, Dec 9, 2008 @ 17:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Sara,

I emailed you - to your glocals account - some recommendation.

Good luck!

Nir

Sara,

I emailed you - to your glocals account - some recommendation.

Good luck!

Nir
Nir Ofek, Dec 15, 2008 @ 12:29

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hi,

I've just done this with Jonathan Vincent in the Ex Pat office at Zurich in GE. Its pretty similar to the UK but you don't have complete autonomy over how much you can insure for, as in the UK. There'll be a full medical as well, depending on how much you go for.

They also have a product that doesn't exist in the UK which tapers down over time. Ie if you choose a 25 yr fixed term, in yr 1 it might pay out 2m CHF but in year 25 it might only be 500000 CHF... This is quite a lot cheaper.

The policies are portable if you leave Switz.

Good luck

Hi,

I've just done this with Jonathan Vincent in the Ex Pat office at Zurich in GE. Its pretty similar to the UK but you don't have complete autonomy over how much you can insure for, as in the UK. There'll be a full medical as well, depending on how much you go for.

They also have a product that doesn't exist in the UK which tapers down over time. Ie if you choose a 25 yr fixed term, in yr 1 it might pay out 2m CHF but in year 25 it might only be 500000 CHF... This is quite a lot cheaper.

The policies are portable if you leave Switz.

Good luck
Feehary, Jul 21, 2009 @ 11:50

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 848 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form