Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > swiss motorcycle license

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
swiss motorcycle license
Maybe someone knows something about getting a motorcycle license here in Geneva?  i have a swiss car license and im over 25 and i will be applying for the permis A unlimited.  Is it correct I will have to take three 4 hour courses, then do the practical exam with Geneva authorities?  I have to pass the practical before how much time?  Is it quite difficult?  Can anyone recommend a place to take the courses (my french is only so-so)?  Can I take the practical on a 200cc Vespa or does it have to be an actual motorcycle?  Thankyou.
The text you are quoting:
Maybe someone knows something about getting a motorcycle license here in Geneva?  i have a swiss car license and im over 25 and i will be applying for the permis A unlimited.  Is it correct I will have to take three 4 hour courses, then do the practical exam with Geneva authorities?  I have to pass the practical before how much time?  Is it quite difficult?  Can anyone recommend a place to take the courses (my french is only so-so)?  Can I take the practical on a 200cc Vespa or does it have to be an actual motorcycle?  Thankyou.
floydmarksFeb 16, 2008 @ 15:15
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 5617 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: swiss motorcycle license
Post 1
Floyd,

The laws vary depending on the cc of the bike you want to get (under 50, 50-125, above 125). Which size are you thinking of?

Nir

Floyd,

The laws vary depending on the cc of the bike you want to get (under 50, 50-125, above 125). Which size are you thinking of?

Nir
Nir Ofek, Feb 17, 2008 @ 01:14

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
its a 200cc vespa gt. i think i would need the A illimite license, no?

thanks!
its a 200cc vespa gt. i think i would need the A illimite license, no?

thanks!
floydmarks, Feb 17, 2008 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
ah...as far as I know, if you're going for more than 125 cc, you got to throgh the whole process of lessons, and theoretiacal and practical test.

I suggest you get more info either from:

- member 'Roberta' (in Zurich). She's into big bikes and will likely know the process.

- Scooter-Scoop store in geneva. Ask for George, the owner, who speaks English. 022 734 02 54

Good luck mate!

Nir

ah...as far as I know, if you're going for more than 125 cc, you got to throgh the whole process of lessons, and theoretiacal and practical test.

I suggest you get more info either from:

- member 'Roberta' (in Zurich). She's into big bikes and will likely know the process.

- Scooter-Scoop store in geneva. Ask for George, the owner, who speaks English. 022 734 02 54

Good luck mate!

Nir

Nir Ofek, Feb 17, 2008 @ 17:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Hi Floyd,

I saw your postings and as i am just exactly into the same right now I was hoping you could share your experience.

Did you find in the meanwhile a driving school (looking for a 125cc - and as far as I understood its just 12 driving lessons plus practical test)?

Cheers

Eva

Hi Floyd,

I saw your postings and as i am just exactly into the same right now I was hoping you could share your experience.

Did you find in the meanwhile a driving school (looking for a 125cc - and as far as I understood its just 12 driving lessons plus practical test)?

Cheers

Eva
Evchen, May 7, 2008 @ 15:52

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
if you read through this thread here you should probably find everything you need...  http://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/736-motorbike-motorcycle-learning-taking-test.html

good luck!

if you read through this thread here you should probably find everything you need...  http://www.englishforum.ch/transportation-driving/736-motorbike-motorcycle-learning-taking-test.html

good luck!
floydmarks, May 8, 2008 @ 15:35

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi,

I might be probably a bit late with my reply, but if you want to get the full licence (A), you'll need to take your test on a bike that is above 35kW ( a 250cc would probably not be enough).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Pikachu

Hi,

I might be probably a bit late with my reply, but if you want to get the full licence (A), you'll need to take your test on a bike that is above 35kW ( a 250cc would probably not be enough).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Pikachu
Pikachu, Mar 26, 2009 @ 19:14

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello everibody,

Can anyone be kind enough to describe the full process , stept by step of getting the A full permit in switzerland for an EU citizen that has a B driving licence permit and is older then 25?

I am really confused of the process.. and I am gettiing contradictory information.

Great thanks!

George

Hello everibody,

Can anyone be kind enough to describe the full process , stept by step of getting the A full permit in switzerland for an EU citizen that has a B driving licence permit and is older then 25?

I am really confused of the process.. and I am gettiing contradictory information.

Great thanks!

George

George D, Oct 20, 2017 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

My partner just went to the Bureau des Autos. She exchanged her UK B licence for a Swiss driving licence and at the same time asked for a provisional motobike licence. She now needs to take 12 hours of classes (no theory as she already has a B licence) and she can then either take her test and get the full A class on her Swiss licence or if it takes longer as long as she has done 12 hours she can get an extension of her provisional (it is valid for 4 months actually) for a year.

Service Cantonal des Véhicules

Route de Veyrier 86, 1227 Carouge

022 388 30 30

http://ge.ch/vehicules/permis-de-conduire-et-permis-deleve

My partner just went to the Bureau des Autos. She exchanged her UK B licence for a Swiss driving licence and at the same time asked for a provisional motobike licence. She now needs to take 12 hours of classes (no theory as she already has a B licence) and she can then either take her test and get the full A class on her Swiss licence or if it takes longer as long as she has done 12 hours she can get an extension of her provisional (it is valid for 4 months actually) for a year.

022 388 30 30

Julian Harris, Oct 22, 2017 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

022 388 30 30

022 388 30 30

Julian Harris, Oct 22, 2017 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Thanks Julian. Great info. Meanwhile I also got couple of additional information, like schools available in Geneva and instructors in my area.

Best,

George

Thanks Julian. Great info. Meanwhile I also got couple of additional information, like schools available in Geneva and instructors in my area.

Best,

George

George D, Oct 25, 2017 @ 23:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 5617 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form