Login or Sign Up

Forums in Geneva > Geneva > watches maintenance/little things: battery, adjust metal band/strap etc

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
watches maintenance/little things: battery, adjust metal band/strap etc

Dears,

I need to replace a battery for my watch / adjust metal band/strap - where can I do this? From what I remember, when they change battery they also should seal the watch (sometimes it's not trivial for certain models..)

Thank you and Best Regards,

andrey

The text you are quoting:

Dears,

I need to replace a battery for my watch / adjust metal band/strap - where can I do this? From what I remember, when they change battery they also should seal the watch (sometimes it's not trivial for certain models..)

Thank you and Best Regards,

andrey

extremalJun 14, 2010 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 2939 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: watches maintenance/little things: battery, adjust metal band/strap etc
Post 1

at Globus, big shop next to place molard, go the the watch section and just near the swatch stand there is a place there named Kurz were you can get battery's and metal or other straps ajusted for any watch brand at a good price.

When i was there 2 weeks ago a woman in front of me was getting her chopard watch with a change of battery and they sealed it after. but ask exactly what you want from them and they will try and help you. 

at Globus, big shop next to place molard, go the the watch section and just near the swatch stand there is a place there named Kurz were you can get battery's and metal or other straps ajusted for any watch brand at a good price.

When i was there 2 weeks ago a woman in front of me was getting her chopard watch with a change of battery and they sealed it after. but ask exactly what you want from them and they will try and help you. 

David P, Jun 14, 2010 @ 10:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

thanks a lot man!!

thanks a lot man!!

extremal, Jun 14, 2010 @ 11:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I just went to the Kurz watch repair stand to get a new battery and watch strap. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the price: 245 CHF. 25 CHF just to change the battery and 220 for the strap. I am never going there again - buyer beware...

I just went to the Kurz watch repair stand to get a new battery and watch strap. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the price: 245 CHF. 25 CHF just to change the battery and 220 for the strap. I am never going there again - buyer beware...

Meg D, Nov 15, 2014 @ 16:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Placette / Manor

or

Mr. Minut

Placette / Manor

or

Mr. Minut

Dave G, Nov 15, 2014 @ 18:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

It depends on the watch.  The Manor service is very good for routine battery replacements and strap adjustments but, like most generic watch fiddlers, they will not gaurantee the seal when they have taken the back of the case off.  For that you need to go to an official dealer for the brand of watch concerned.

For new straps (Meg D) you really need to make your choice by yourself, rather than leave it to a watch repair guy.  There are all sorts of straps available (not in Manor) from very cheap to very expensive.

It depends on the watch.  The Manor service is very good for routine battery replacements and strap adjustments but, like most generic watch fiddlers, they will not gaurantee the seal when they have taken the back of the case off.  For that you need to go to an official dealer for the brand of watch concerned.

For new straps (Meg D) you really need to make your choice by yourself, rather than leave it to a watch repair guy.  There are all sorts of straps available (not in Manor) from very cheap to very expensive.

Andy C, Nov 15, 2014 @ 19:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

If you ever need someone to repair your watch, go to “La petite trotteuse” at No. 2 (or maybe it’s No.  4)  avenue de Frontenex (just off place des Eaux-Vives).  The watchmaker there is someone who really loves his craft and has always given me good service and advice.

R.

If you ever need someone to repair your watch, go to “La petite trotteuse” at No. 2 (or maybe it’s No.  4)  avenue de Frontenex (just off place des Eaux-Vives).  The watchmaker there is someone who really loves his craft and has always given me good service and advice.

R.

Ritchie, Nov 15, 2014 @ 21:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Nov 15, 14 19:28

I did choose the strap myself. The price was not clearly marked. Perhaps Manor is better about that than Globus.

I did choose the strap myself. The price was not clearly marked. Perhaps Manor is better about that than Globus.

Meg D, Nov 16, 2014 @ 08:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

It's very easy to change a watch battery. You just need good eyesight, steady hands and a set of small screwdrivers.

It's very easy to change a watch battery. You just need good eyesight, steady hands and a set of small screwdrivers.

Livia C, Nov 16, 2014 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Nov 16, 14 12:44

And you think that’s an easy combination to find?

And you think that’s an easy combination to find?

Ritchie, Nov 18, 2014 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Nov 16, 14 12:44

There are very few types of watches whose batteries you can change with a screwdriver.  Even when it is technically possible, you risk scratching the case, so I would rather let someone with the right tools do it.

There are very few types of watches whose batteries you can change with a screwdriver.  Even when it is technically possible, you risk scratching the case, so I would rather let someone with the right tools do it.

Andy C, Nov 18, 2014 @ 22:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Nov 15, 14 19:28

No one guarantees any service except the original warantee or manufacturer.

but Battery or band adjustment, just go to Manor, its good basic service and dont cost you an arm. Need the arm for wearing the watch, hehehehehe

No one guarantees any service except the original warantee or manufacturer.

but Battery or band adjustment, just go to Manor, its good basic service and dont cost you an arm. Need the arm for wearing the watch, hehehehehe

Dave G, Nov 19, 2014 @ 00:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 2939 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form