Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Arriving to Lausanne in August- what's it like in peak season?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Arriving to Lausanne in August- what's it like in peak season?

Dear all

I am relocating to Switzerland next month and am looking to network and make friends ...would love to acquaint with likeminded people and connect with you- what is Lausanne like in August? I understand the weather will be just perfect but is it a transient place or does it stagnate in August? Hope to meet up with you  folk!

The text you are quoting:

Dear all

I am relocating to Switzerland next month and am looking to network and make friends ...would love to acquaint with likeminded people and connect with you- what is Lausanne like in August? I understand the weather will be just perfect but is it a transient place or does it stagnate in August? Hope to meet up with you  folk!

Az YJul 13, 2017 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1411 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Arriving to Lausanne in August- what's it like in peak season?
Post 1

What is Lausanne like in August - busy! Loads of tourists especially down by the Lake.

Come across to Evian-les-Bains and see us here - lots to do and see and less expensive!

What is Lausanne like in August - busy! Loads of tourists especially down by the Lake.

Come across to Evian-les-Bains and see us here - lots to do and see and less expensive!

sheila c, Jul 18, 2017 @ 16:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Jul 18, 17 16:41

Thanks soo much Shelia for the response! I thought as much!!  Thanks for the tip and hopefully will be in touch if I ever come down to Evian- les- Bains!!  Any other tips will be most appreciated!!  

Regards

Thanks soo much Shelia for the response! I thought as much!!  Thanks for the tip and hopefully will be in touch if I ever come down to Evian- les- Bains!!  Any other tips will be most appreciated!!  

Regards

Az Y, Jul 18, 2017 @ 18:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Welcome Az Y. Lausanne is wonderful in the summer, and lac leman region is fabulous. Look forward to catch up at some point in August!

Welcome Az Y. Lausanne is wonderful in the summer, and lac leman region is fabulous. Look forward to catch up at some point in August!

yYogesh H, Jul 18, 2017 @ 22:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jul 18, 17 22:34

many thanks for the tip! see u around!

many thanks for the tip! see u around!

Az Y, Jul 18, 2017 @ 23:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Az Y  

August in Lausanne is not that busy as so many people are on holiday.  For me, every weekend is a holiday in Switzerland!  I've been here 8 years and I never tire of the many beautiful spots in and around Lausanne, the whole of Lac Leman and the surrounding mountains.

August is the perfect month to go to one of the many small "plages" from Nyon to Villeneuve ("Vidy" is the local Lausanne plage, but it really IS packed and horrible).  

At the moment we're paddleboarding in Preverenges (just before Morges) and you can wake board in Montreux, hire pedalos in Ouchy (the main port of Lausanne), use one of the many outdoor pools, escape to the mountains for hiking and cooler air, take part in many free open air concerts in the evening - the list is endless. 

Just keep an eye out on the "Things to do" section, sign up and join in.  You'll love it Cool

Hi Az Y  

August in Lausanne is not that busy as so many people are on holiday.  For me, every weekend is a holiday in Switzerland!  I've been here 8 years and I never tire of the many beautiful spots in and around Lausanne, the whole of Lac Leman and the surrounding mountains.

August is the perfect month to go to one of the many small "plages" from Nyon to Villeneuve ("Vidy" is the local Lausanne plage, but it really IS packed and horrible).  

At the moment we're paddleboarding in Preverenges (just before Morges) and you can wake board in Montreux, hire pedalos in Ouchy (the main port of Lausanne), use one of the many outdoor pools, escape to the mountains for hiking and cooler air, take part in many free open air concerts in the evening - the list is endless. 

Just keep an eye out on the "Things to do" section, sign up and join in.  You'll love it Cool

Carolyn C, Jul 19, 2017 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Az Y  

Jul 19, 17 14:10

Dear Carolyn!

Many many thanks for the awesome tips about what Lausanne is like!!  It sounds sooo beautiful with soo much to do! Glad it wil be somewhat 'quieter' than usual when I arrive and I am really keen to start exploring and yes- will keep a close eye on the website. I have joined a few groups so hoping I can start attending events once I settle in!  Really appreciate the tips and hope to meet great folk like u!  Cheers 

Dear Carolyn!

Many many thanks for the awesome tips about what Lausanne is like!!  It sounds sooo beautiful with soo much to do! Glad it wil be somewhat 'quieter' than usual when I arrive and I am really keen to start exploring and yes- will keep a close eye on the website. I have joined a few groups so hoping I can start attending events once I settle in!  Really appreciate the tips and hope to meet great folk like u!  Cheers 

Az Y, Jul 19, 2017 @ 14:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1411 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form