Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Folding Table(s) and/or Large Cooler to Borrow?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Folding Table(s) and/or Large Cooler to Borrow?

Hi Glocals!

Does anyone have one or two large folding tables (minimum of about 1 meter wide) and/or a large cooler (minimum of about 20 liters) to lend?

I'm hosting the Vietnamese barbecue (see info on glocals!) in August and would rather not buy them. Worst-case scenario, I will, but prefer to share :O)

I can arrange pick-up in a car.

Free Vietnamese barbecue sandwiches for anyone who lets me borrow a table or cooler.

Thanks guys!!!

The text you are quoting:

Hi Glocals!

Does anyone have one or two large folding tables (minimum of about 1 meter wide) and/or a large cooler (minimum of about 20 liters) to lend?

I'm hosting the Vietnamese barbecue (see info on glocals!) in August and would rather not buy them. Worst-case scenario, I will, but prefer to share :O)

I can arrange pick-up in a car.

Free Vietnamese barbecue sandwiches for anyone who lets me borrow a table or cooler.

Thanks guys!!!

Jacki KJul 2, 2015 @ 12:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 823 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Folding Table(s) and/or Large Cooler to Borrow?
Post 1

heres a solution because coolers are usually too small. get a couple of cooling bags and fill them with ice cubes ( you can buy them at gas station for 5-10 sfr. for a large -5 - 10 kgs bag) 

they will keep drinks and meat etc. really cool, and is better than a cooler. 

IMHO,

or, you can buy chemical filled freezing blocks and use them in the cooling bags. but the ice works better.

heres a solution because coolers are usually too small. get a couple of cooling bags and fill them with ice cubes ( you can buy them at gas station for 5-10 sfr. for a large -5 - 10 kgs bag) 

they will keep drinks and meat etc. really cool, and is better than a cooler. 

IMHO,

or, you can buy chemical filled freezing blocks and use them in the cooling bags. but the ice works better.

epicure, Jul 2, 2015 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Folding Table(s) and/or Large Cooler to Borrow?
Post 2

Hi Roger, Ok, maybe that is a good option! You are talking about those isothermic bags? We're gonna be out there for about 4 hours so I imagine the ice will last...?

By the way, have you ever seen bags of crushed ice for sale at say coop or Migros? I can't recall ever seeing it. It is indispensable for Vietnamese iced coffee...cubes will not do! I normally freeze water in ziploc bags then crush it with a hammer LOL. Ok for one or two people but we have about 15 so far signed up between glocals and Facebook!

Thank you once again for being helpful!

Hi Roger, Ok, maybe that is a good option! You are talking about those isothermic bags? We're gonna be out there for about 4 hours so I imagine the ice will last...?

By the way, have you ever seen bags of crushed ice for sale at say coop or Migros? I can't recall ever seeing it. It is indispensable for Vietnamese iced coffee...cubes will not do! I normally freeze water in ziploc bags then crush it with a hammer LOL. Ok for one or two people but we have about 15 so far signed up between glocals and Facebook!

Thank you once again for being helpful!

Jacki K, Jul 2, 2015 @ 15:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 823 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form