Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Kurry Masala - Pully trying net to accept buy club vouchers.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Kurry Masala - Pully trying net to accept buy club vouchers.

Just some info for buy club voucher holders eating at Kurry Masala in Prilly. 

We had a very mixed experience there last night, as did many of the other clients. 

The food was really good, but before it came we had to endure the following: 

1. The waitress did not want to accept the voucher because it was Saturday and despite having reserved it had not been mentioned that we were going to pay with the voucher on the phone. (voucher says valid mon-sat)

2. Waitress refused to give us a jug of water as we were using a buy club voucher. We did not get any water all night despite requests. 

3. Manager gave us a good 10 minutes (felt like more) monologue on how he is not making any money with the buy club thing (or other schemes he has signed up to), and in future to make sure we mention the voucher on the phone and come on a less busy day if possible please. 

4. Couple behind us listened in to our conversation and when the manager eventually accepted that he would take our voucher, went to the cash desk for a very angry interchange about "why he accepted our voucher and not theirs", he then stormed out with partner. 

5. Other acquaintances in the restaurant had reserved and mentioned the voucher on the phone, so they tried to refuse the reservation because Saturday is a busy day but managed to argue that it would be ok. 

6. After this we seemed to be treated as second class customers, all non-voucher customers possibly having the priority... 

7. About 50% hit rate on drinks orders (which are not included in the voucher, and so one of the restaurants ways to make money..) 

Honestly these are very nice people and the food is great, but they seem to be having a hard time with buy club vouchers on Saturday. 

For an easy life, they just should have put Mon-Thurs on the vouchers, and requested that payment method is mentioned at reservation time.

One piece of advice, go during the week, i'm sure it will be an excellant experience. 

(surprised not to find any info on the Lausanne forum about this, so decided to add a post).

The text you are quoting:

Just some info for buy club voucher holders eating at Kurry Masala in Prilly. 

We had a very mixed experience there last night, as did many of the other clients. 

The food was really good, but before it came we had to endure the following: 

1. The waitress did not want to accept the voucher because it was Saturday and despite having reserved it had not been mentioned that we were going to pay with the voucher on the phone. (voucher says valid mon-sat)

2. Waitress refused to give us a jug of water as we were using a buy club voucher. We did not get any water all night despite requests. 

3. Manager gave us a good 10 minutes (felt like more) monologue on how he is not making any money with the buy club thing (or other schemes he has signed up to), and in future to make sure we mention the voucher on the phone and come on a less busy day if possible please. 

4. Couple behind us listened in to our conversation and when the manager eventually accepted that he would take our voucher, went to the cash desk for a very angry interchange about "why he accepted our voucher and not theirs", he then stormed out with partner. 

5. Other acquaintances in the restaurant had reserved and mentioned the voucher on the phone, so they tried to refuse the reservation because Saturday is a busy day but managed to argue that it would be ok. 

6. After this we seemed to be treated as second class customers, all non-voucher customers possibly having the priority... 

7. About 50% hit rate on drinks orders (which are not included in the voucher, and so one of the restaurants ways to make money..) 

Honestly these are very nice people and the food is great, but they seem to be having a hard time with buy club vouchers on Saturday. 

For an easy life, they just should have put Mon-Thurs on the vouchers, and requested that payment method is mentioned at reservation time.

One piece of advice, go during the week, i'm sure it will be an excellant experience. 

(surprised not to find any info on the Lausanne forum about this, so decided to add a post).

Richard HOct 2, 2016 @ 12:00
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1456 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Kurry Masala - Pully trying net to accept buy club vouchers.
Post 1

I know that when you make a reservation and you are going to use a voucher, you need to mention it at the time of reservation. I have seen it for a different restaurant, maybe they are the same or maybe not.

As for the validity, you are absolutely right. If they ddnt want people coming ith vouchers on the day, maybe they should have made that clear

I know that when you make a reservation and you are going to use a voucher, you need to mention it at the time of reservation. I have seen it for a different restaurant, maybe they are the same or maybe not.

As for the validity, you are absolutely right. If they ddnt want people coming ith vouchers on the day, maybe they should have made that clear

Maria_, Oct 2, 2016 @ 13:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Oct 2, 16 13:46

ok,.. how do you know that, when you make a reservation, that you need to mention the voucher, if it does not say so on the voucher or on the site? 

ok,.. how do you know that, when you make a reservation, that you need to mention the voucher, if it does not say so on the voucher or on the site? 

Richard H, Oct 3, 2016 @ 22:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Ive seen it before on that webpage. I cant remember if it was in the general terms and conditions or in a specific voucher. I have been using buyclub since it started though, so maybe it was there before but not anymore.

Ive seen it before on that webpage. I cant remember if it was in the general terms and conditions or in a specific voucher. I have been using buyclub since it started though, so maybe it was there before but not anymore.

Maria_, Oct 3, 2016 @ 23:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1456 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form