Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Mutual cat sitting during holidays

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Mutual cat sitting during holidays

Hi, 

I live in Lausanne city centre and have a cat.

I would like to find a relialable person in my same situation (living in Lausanne and having a cat), to start a "cats exchange" during holidays or weekends: when I go on holiday I could bring my cat at your home, and the same for you when you go on holiday.

I think it would be a better solution rather than bringing the cat at a cathouse :-)

Looking forward your replies!!! :-)

Claudia

The text you are quoting:

Hi, 

I live in Lausanne city centre and have a cat.

I would like to find a relialable person in my same situation (living in Lausanne and having a cat), to start a "cats exchange" during holidays or weekends: when I go on holiday I could bring my cat at your home, and the same for you when you go on holiday.

I think it would be a better solution rather than bringing the cat at a cathouse :-)

Looking forward your replies!!! :-)

Claudia

Claudia MJan 16, 2014 @ 20:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1414 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Mutual cat sitting during holidays
Post 1

Hi Claudia - and any other Cat Owners in Lausanne,

setting up a "cat sitting network" is such a good idea! Are you still interested in getting in touch?

I've adopted my cat some weeks ago and am now facing the vacation challenge for the first time. I dont want to put him into temporary accomodation at the shelter (SPA Vevey provides that service), because that's where he came from very recently - he would just be traumatized. I havent found any professional pet services in the region so far.

Any advice would be really appreciated :-)

Hi Claudia - and any other Cat Owners in Lausanne,

setting up a "cat sitting network" is such a good idea! Are you still interested in getting in touch?

I've adopted my cat some weeks ago and am now facing the vacation challenge for the first time. I dont want to put him into temporary accomodation at the shelter (SPA Vevey provides that service), because that's where he came from very recently - he would just be traumatized. I havent found any professional pet services in the region so far.

Any advice would be really appreciated :-)

giselina, Sep 13, 2014 @ 11:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

oops.... my kitty's photo came out huge. just thought i'd mention: i do actually have a cat, not a sabertooth Wink

oops.... my kitty's photo came out huge. just thought i'd mention: i do actually have a cat, not a sabertooth Wink

giselina, Sep 13, 2014 @ 13:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi!

we have two cats, 8 yrs each, and they stay alone at home during our short vacations. We have two automatic cat food dispensers from Zooplus.ch, which can be timed for 4 meals, 1-4 times a day. check it out - will make your life easier :-) we can easily stay away for 4-5 days.

Hi!

we have two cats, 8 yrs each, and they stay alone at home during our short vacations. We have two automatic cat food dispensers from Zooplus.ch, which can be timed for 4 meals, 1-4 times a day. check it out - will make your life easier :-) we can easily stay away for 4-5 days.

Mira Leppiaho, Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi All,

Another option is my cat sitter in Lausanne her name is Eliane and she charges 25.- a day for 2 visits, unheard of!

She is a lovely lady and will surely be just as kind to your pets.

Her number is +41 77 477 9166

Good luck

Siv

Hi All,

Another option is my cat sitter in Lausanne her name is Eliane and she charges 25.- a day for 2 visits, unheard of!

She is a lovely lady and will surely be just as kind to your pets.

Her number is +41 77 477 9166

Good luck

Siv

Siv Lar, Oct 23, 2014 @ 10:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Giselina,

Sorry for my late reply, for some reason I didn't receive any notification of your reply at the forum :-/

I'm also probably too late for the time of your holidays...

Anyway, I had to abandon the idea of "cat exchange" in the meantime,  as I dicsovered that my cat is very jealous of her own house (and territory) and doen't want any intruder in it :-(

But I discover a great pet sitting service based in Switzerland. You can contact private people offering to come to your house to feed and take care of your animal, or in some cases they can take it in their house.

Here's the link:

http://petsitting24.ch/en

Good luck! Smile

Hi Giselina,

Sorry for my late reply, for some reason I didn't receive any notification of your reply at the forum :-/

I'm also probably too late for the time of your holidays...

Anyway, I had to abandon the idea of "cat exchange" in the meantime,  as I dicsovered that my cat is very jealous of her own house (and territory) and doen't want any intruder in it :-(

But I discover a great pet sitting service based in Switzerland. You can contact private people offering to come to your house to feed and take care of your animal, or in some cases they can take it in their house.

Here's the link:

http://petsitting24.ch/en

Good luck! Smile

Claudia M, Oct 23, 2014 @ 11:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Here you go 

http://m.zooplus.ch/shop/katzen/fressnapf/futterautomaten/futterauomaten_sonstige/271793

You can even record a voice message which will be activated right before mealtime. This will make your life sooo much easier :-)

Here you go 

http://m.zooplus.ch/shop/katzen/fressnapf/futterautomaten/futterauomaten_sonstige/271793

You can even record a voice message which will be activated right before mealtime. This will make your life sooo much easier :-)

Mira Leppiaho, Oct 23, 2014 @ 13:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

thanks for all your replies.

i am a fairly new mom to a cat, so i guess kitty and me just need to find our comfort zone... my main concern is not so much "survival" during a week of vacation. with a huge bowl of dry food and a water dispenser, that problem is pretty much solved (except the disgusting litter box). my main worry is him being home alone - he is an "only cat" and i don't want to deprive him of contact. he is so attached and would probably go nuts.

i wish i could just ask him whether he prefers room service (a cat sitter who comes once a day), or eating out (staying in a shelter).

also, it would be really nice to be able to sykpe with him from time to time when i am away :-)

on a more serious note - i guess i will put him in a "pension de chat" from now on. i'll post it when i find one in Lausanne.

thanks for all your replies.

i am a fairly new mom to a cat, so i guess kitty and me just need to find our comfort zone... my main concern is not so much "survival" during a week of vacation. with a huge bowl of dry food and a water dispenser, that problem is pretty much solved (except the disgusting litter box). my main worry is him being home alone - he is an "only cat" and i don't want to deprive him of contact. he is so attached and would probably go nuts.

i wish i could just ask him whether he prefers room service (a cat sitter who comes once a day), or eating out (staying in a shelter).

also, it would be really nice to be able to sykpe with him from time to time when i am away :-)

on a more serious note - i guess i will put him in a "pension de chat" from now on. i'll post it when i find one in Lausanne.

giselina, Oct 27, 2014 @ 22:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hi,

and yes, that's understandable :-) With one cat it may also be easier to find a cat sitter from a friend or acquaintance. We have two cats also for the reason you mentioned - they won't suffer from loneliness when we are away. I've always traveled a lot, worked long days, moved houses, most recently to Switzerland, and it's been a real blessing having two of them so they won't get as upset over the changes. My cats are 8 + years and have never 'misbehaved' while we've been away. it's good that you know your cat and what she/he needs. I personally knew from the start that I wanted pets that would be OK with my absence, work/travel/anything else, so also partly trained them for that if you can say that about cats who so whatever they want anyways :D Good luck and lots of lovely days with your new pet :-)

Hi,

and yes, that's understandable :-) With one cat it may also be easier to find a cat sitter from a friend or acquaintance. We have two cats also for the reason you mentioned - they won't suffer from loneliness when we are away. I've always traveled a lot, worked long days, moved houses, most recently to Switzerland, and it's been a real blessing having two of them so they won't get as upset over the changes. My cats are 8 + years and have never 'misbehaved' while we've been away. it's good that you know your cat and what she/he needs. I personally knew from the start that I wanted pets that would be OK with my absence, work/travel/anything else, so also partly trained them for that if you can say that about cats who so whatever they want anyways :D Good luck and lots of lovely days with your new pet :-)

Mira Leppiaho, Oct 28, 2014 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1414 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form