Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Recommendations for "work from home" coffee shops/libraries

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Recommendations for "work from home" coffee shops/libraries

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to Lausanne (or Renens, actually), and I'm currently working on my graduate degree remotely. Since this mostly involves long hours at the computer, I'm looking for some good places to work outside of my apartment. Does anyone have any recommendations for good spots around Lausanne? I just need a seat and a wifi connection! 

Also, if anyone else is in a similar situation and wouldn't mind some company at the coffee shop, please send me a message! 

Thanks,

Erica

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to Lausanne (or Renens, actually), and I'm currently working on my graduate degree remotely. Since this mostly involves long hours at the computer, I'm looking for some good places to work outside of my apartment. Does anyone have any recommendations for good spots around Lausanne? I just need a seat and a wifi connection! 

Also, if anyone else is in a similar situation and wouldn't mind some company at the coffee shop, please send me a message! 

Thanks,

Erica

Erica KSep 2, 2015 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 3446 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Recommendations for "work from home" coffee shops/libraries
Post 1

Hi Erica!

I'm a freelancer and when i actually want to leave the house and see other people (rarely LOLOLOL) there is Bubble Café at Flon. The service is very nice though it is very expensive (5.30 for a muffin WTF?!) but voila, you can park your buns for a long time and use their wi-fi. It can also get loud with screaming brats during the mommy stroller brigade midday hours. Things to consider for planning  your visit.

Café Grancy sous-gare is a good option too. But not during the busy meal hours as it is unbearably loud. The food is not good though but if you are just having coffee and working/studying it is ok.

There are also several (paid) co-working spaces on and around Avenue de France you can google.

Best of luck!!!

Hi Erica!

I'm a freelancer and when i actually want to leave the house and see other people (rarely LOLOLOL) there is Bubble Café at Flon. The service is very nice though it is very expensive (5.30 for a muffin WTF?!) but voila, you can park your buns for a long time and use their wi-fi. It can also get loud with screaming brats during the mommy stroller brigade midday hours. Things to consider for planning  your visit.

Café Grancy sous-gare is a good option too. But not during the busy meal hours as it is unbearably loud. The food is not good though but if you are just having coffee and working/studying it is ok.

There are also several (paid) co-working spaces on and around Avenue de France you can google.

Best of luck!!!

Jacki K, Sep 3, 2015 @ 11:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

café des avenues at montchoisi in lausanne. pretty calm most of the day, apart from lunch and dinner times. good wifi and normal café prices. they have a living room type space in the rear or you can sit at a table and stare out at the people passing by:-) 

check it out at our saturday morning brunch from 11am every saturday (see glocals lausanne events)

i often work from there as well.

café des avenues at montchoisi in lausanne. pretty calm most of the day, apart from lunch and dinner times. good wifi and normal café prices. they have a living room type space in the rear or you can sit at a table and stare out at the people passing by:-) 

check it out at our saturday morning brunch from 11am every saturday (see glocals lausanne events)

i often work from there as well.

epicure, Sep 3, 2015 @ 11:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There is a place in Ouchy especially for freelancer, called "Work'n share" as far I remember. It is rue du liseron.

I wanted several times to have a look tehre because it is just meters from my home, never been too :( Though they look active, from time to time I see some events, and the first day is free. Then you can register for a daily or monthly fee.

There is a place in Ouchy especially for freelancer, called "Work'n share" as far I remember. It is rue du liseron.

I wanted several times to have a look tehre because it is just meters from my home, never been too :( Though they look active, from time to time I see some events, and the first day is free. Then you can register for a daily or monthly fee.

Romaric D, Sep 3, 2015 @ 12:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 3446 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form