Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lausanne > Lausanne > Who wants English novels?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Who wants English novels?

Hi, I am cleaning out my bookshelf. Does anybody know if there are any libraries or organisations that would take them? All really great titles and somehow I feel bad to throw books into the trash. 

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I am cleaning out my bookshelf. Does anybody know if there are any libraries or organisations that would take them? All really great titles and somehow I feel bad to throw books into the trash. 

dodoOct 3, 2015 @ 13:03
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1194 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Who wants English novels?
Post 1
There was an English second hand bookhop and cafe in Paquis (still there?)that accepted book.  BookWorm 5 Rue Sismondi 22 731 87 65
Also in Paquis leave books at Church Hall next to Emmanuel Church Rue de Monthoux 3, 1201 Genève 022 732 80 78 for their booksale 

You could ask Holy Trinity Church Chantepoulet (main contact numbershttp://www.holytrinitygeneva.org/contacts.html) when to leave them, for their sale
Fnally apparently Les Recyclables 53, rue de Carouge, 1205 Geneva.022 328 23 73 have a small 2nd hand englosh books section

There was an English second hand bookhop and cafe in Paquis (still there?)that accepted book.  BookWorm 5 Rue Sismondi 22 731 87 65
Also in Paquis leave books at Church Hall next to Emmanuel Church Rue de Monthoux 3, 1201 Genève 022 732 80 78 for their booksale 

You could ask Holy Trinity Church Chantepoulet (main contact numbershttp://www.holytrinitygeneva.org/contacts.html) when to leave them, for their sale
Fnally apparently Les Recyclables 53, rue de Carouge, 1205 Geneva.022 328 23 73 have a small 2nd hand englosh books section

TogJay, Oct 3, 2015 @ 14:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Oct 3, 15 13:03

we have a thriving international club here in Evian with a library where members are free to take out, and return or substitute books. we are always looking for new novels. if you still have them, we should be glad to take them off your hands, despite having to travel around the lake!

we have a thriving international club here in Evian with a library where members are free to take out, and return or substitute books. we are always looking for new novels. if you still have them, we should be glad to take them off your hands, despite having to travel around the lake!

sheila c, Oct 4, 2015 @ 18:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

thanks very much fur the info.

thanks very much fur the info.

dodo, Oct 4, 2015 @ 20:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

hi sheila,

yes, i still have them. when could you come to pick them up?

best.

dorothe

hi sheila,

best.

dorothe

dodo, Oct 4, 2015 @ 20:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

hi sheila,

best.

dorothe

Oct 4, 15 20:41

Hi Dorothe

Thank you very much for your speedy responseLaughing

Have contacted friends in Vevey to see if they can collect - now awaiting their reply.

If not, we will come for them ourselves. Approx. how many do you have please?

In any case, we will take all and will let you know immediately we hear from then.

Enjoy your week and we'll be in touch.

Sheila

Hi Dorothe

Thank you very much for your speedy responseLaughing

Have contacted friends in Vevey to see if they can collect - now awaiting their reply.

If not, we will come for them ourselves. Approx. how many do you have please?

In any case, we will take all and will let you know immediately we hear from then.

Enjoy your week and we'll be in touch.

Sheila

sheila c, Oct 4, 2015 @ 20:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

sheila, are you also interested in german books? i also have some of them. there are about 9 laundry baskets full of books. unfortunately i don't have any moving cartons to put them in, so we have to think about how you can transport them. i need my baskets :-(.

sheila, are you also interested in german books? i also have some of them. there are about 9 laundry baskets full of books. unfortunately i don't have any moving cartons to put them in, so we have to think about how you can transport them. i need my baskets :-(.

dodo, Oct 4, 2015 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1194 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form