Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lucern > Lucern > What's up with the trash thing....

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
What's up with the trash thing....

Hello, I'm new to Lucerne (coming from Geneva) and I wanted to put my trash in the bin and guess what...the trash bags where all blue. So I went to the Coop and all I could find where black bags (like I already had), I admit I didn't look very hard because the store was closing. I am starting to wonder if there are other rules to the blue trash bags, like in Geneva we have green trash bags for organic matter, is it something like that? I searched http://luzern.ch/ (and http://www.luzern.com for that matter, even thought it is more for a tourist site) but couldn't find anything on the trash, can someone please help?

Thanks!

The text you are quoting:

Hello, I'm new to Lucerne (coming from Geneva) and I wanted to put my trash in the bin and guess what...the trash bags where all blue. So I went to the Coop and all I could find where black bags (like I already had), I admit I didn't look very hard because the store was closing. I am starting to wonder if there are other rules to the blue trash bags, like in Geneva we have green trash bags for organic matter, is it something like that? I searched http://luzern.ch/ (and http://www.luzern.com for that matter, even thought it is more for a tourist site) but couldn't find anything on the trash, can someone please help?

Thanks!

sureMay 3, 2011 @ 20:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 4860 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: What's up with the trash thing....
Post 1

In Lucern??? Did u leave Geneva???

In Lucern??? Did u leave Geneva???

Celeste T, May 5, 2011 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey there,

You have to buy the bags at the Kiosk at Coop or at the counter in Migros. They cost about CHF 17.00 francs for 10 (35L). They are called Gebührensäcke.

Don't you have to pay for garbage bags in Geneva? 

Hey there,

You have to buy the bags at the Kiosk at Coop or at the counter in Migros. They cost about CHF 17.00 francs for 10 (35L). They are called Gebührensäcke.

Don't you have to pay for garbage bags in Geneva? 

Karen H, May 19, 2011 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thanks Karen! And is it true they go though your trash to see if you recycled or not? Sounds absurd but several people told me so. I imagine people recycle because the bags are expensive but I would prefer to know to be on the safe side, I read somewhere that they fine you 100 CHF!

No, it is paid for with the taxes, which is probably why we pay higher taxes in Geneva than here...

Thanks Karen! And is it true they go though your trash to see if you recycled or not? Sounds absurd but several people told me so. I imagine people recycle because the bags are expensive but I would prefer to know to be on the safe side, I read somewhere that they fine you 100 CHF!

No, it is paid for with the taxes, which is probably why we pay higher taxes in Geneva than here...

sure, May 19, 2011 @ 22:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

I think they just go through abandoned normal garbage bags that have been dumped with the blue bags. They look for indentifying information such as letters so they know where to send the fine to!  I doubt they would go through the blue bags, since they are so expensive, the owner can decide whether to recycle or not.

I think they just go through abandoned normal garbage bags that have been dumped with the blue bags. They look for indentifying information such as letters so they know where to send the fine to!  I doubt they would go through the blue bags, since they are so expensive, the owner can decide whether to recycle or not.

Karen H, May 20, 2011 @ 13:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Ok, glad to know, there are a lot of "hidden" rules on this side of Switzerland, I wish there was some sort of list :-).

Have a good weekend!

Ok, glad to know, there are a lot of "hidden" rules on this side of Switzerland, I wish there was some sort of list :-).

Have a good weekend!

sure, May 20, 2011 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 4860 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form