Login or Sign Up

Forums in Lucern > Lucern > residence permit

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
residence permit

hey guys, am hoping that someone could advise me on this - I'm in a process of moving to Lucern to my fiancee and as I'm an EU national, the Swiss embassy advised me to just register with the local authorities when I arrive, saying this would be enough, and that I should just query what documents I have to provide.

As far as I am aware, I can stay 3 months interrupted with no permit required, but what about the longer period?

Any advice and comments welcome, thank you :)

The text you are quoting:

hey guys, am hoping that someone could advise me on this - I'm in a process of moving to Lucern to my fiancee and as I'm an EU national, the Swiss embassy advised me to just register with the local authorities when I arrive, saying this would be enough, and that I should just query what documents I have to provide.

As far as I am aware, I can stay 3 months interrupted with no permit required, but what about the longer period?

Any advice and comments welcome, thank you :)

Christina TJun 7, 2011 @ 09:54
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 2477 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: residence permit
Post 1

Hi Christina,

Just go to the Cantonal Office in Lucern with your passport and apply for a longer residency permit. You will be advised on which form to fill-up and which other documents should you submit, if any. It should not be difficult since you are from the EU community.

Hi Christina,

Just go to the Cantonal Office in Lucern with your passport and apply for a longer residency permit. You will be advised on which form to fill-up and which other documents should you submit, if any. It should not be difficult since you are from the EU community.

joy c, Jun 12, 2011 @ 02:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: residence permit
Post 2

You shouldn't have any problem staying in Switzerland without a permit passed 3month if you aren't seeking to work or open a bank account.

And you won't be hassled in anyway just be being there and go about your daily business. If you were ever asked how long you've been in the country, ther isn't any way for them to check anyway. However it would be a good idea to look into registering as the other person mentioned.

Good luck

You shouldn't have any problem staying in Switzerland without a permit passed 3month if you aren't seeking to work or open a bank account.

And you won't be hassled in anyway just be being there and go about your daily business. If you were ever asked how long you've been in the country, ther isn't any way for them to check anyway. However it would be a good idea to look into registering as the other person mentioned.

Good luck

hermiamsd, Jun 12, 2011 @ 06:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 2477 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form