Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > 3 very different books

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
3 very different books
I read the following books while on holiday and thot i'd share em with y'all : )

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
This guy wrote Fight Club (unread 2 date : ( but I've read Diary and found it gr8. Haunted is about a bunch of ppl lured into a writer's retreat; the book is a collection of their short stories and an account of their descent into reality tv. The short stories are ok, quite gruesome and makes u wonder as 2 how far we can go. The best short story, called GUTS, is highly recommended and, according to the author's last notes, made more than 20 ppl faint at public readings so far (but i have not fainted just reading it tho, just a quesy stomach : P )

The Game by Neil Strauss
I've heard a lot about this supposedly-true book (the real life of pick up artists) and have yet to meet one. The story's ok, but not sthing u'd need to keep. Lemme know if u wanna borrow it.

Anasi Boys by Neil Gaimann
Normally a great storyteller and imagineer, Neil Gaimann wrote gr8 stuff like American Gods and Neverwhere...excellent fantasy mixed with modern life. This one is more for kids and 2 tell the truth i have not finished it yet since it's not really pushing me 2. About the sons of the SpiderGod, Anasi, and how yet another conservative, well-brought up Englishman becomes embroiled in sthing beyond his ken.
The text you are quoting:
I read the following books while on holiday and thot i'd share em with y'all : )

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk
This guy wrote Fight Club (unread 2 date : ( but I've read Diary and found it gr8. Haunted is about a bunch of ppl lured into a writer's retreat; the book is a collection of their short stories and an account of their descent into reality tv. The short stories are ok, quite gruesome and makes u wonder as 2 how far we can go. The best short story, called GUTS, is highly recommended and, according to the author's last notes, made more than 20 ppl faint at public readings so far (but i have not fainted just reading it tho, just a quesy stomach : P )

The Game by Neil Strauss
I've heard a lot about this supposedly-true book (the real life of pick up artists) and have yet to meet one. The story's ok, but not sthing u'd need to keep. Lemme know if u wanna borrow it.

Anasi Boys by Neil Gaimann
Normally a great storyteller and imagineer, Neil Gaimann wrote gr8 stuff like American Gods and Neverwhere...excellent fantasy mixed with modern life. This one is more for kids and 2 tell the truth i have not finished it yet since it's not really pushing me 2. About the sons of the SpiderGod, Anasi, and how yet another conservative, well-brought up Englishman becomes embroiled in sthing beyond his ken.
TiggerAug 29, 2006 @ 21:43
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 942 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 942 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form