Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > As It Is In Heaven (S? som i himmelen)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
As It Is In Heaven (S? som i himmelen)
This is a Swedish film that came out a few years ago. Janee, a fellow GOLer, saw it at the cinelac in Zurich over the summer and recommended it to me. SweetSwede's mom sent me a copy (don't know how readily available it is in dvd stores here) and I loved it.

A world-renowned conductor returns to his hometown in Northern Sweden after suffering a heart attack. He has a lot to face in his past having been bullied in his youth and the death of his mother during his adolescence. Somehow, the local pastor persuades the conductor to take over the church choir. This starts many of the characters on a trajectory that ends tragically for some and metamorphasises (such a word?) others.

The music is absolutely amazing and makes the movie worth watching for that alone. But, the characters are sympathetic and it's a wonderful story. Gabriella and I didn't like the ending, SweetSwede did, so see if you can get your hands on a copy and watch it.
The text you are quoting:
This is a Swedish film that came out a few years ago. Janee, a fellow GOLer, saw it at the cinelac in Zurich over the summer and recommended it to me. SweetSwede's mom sent me a copy (don't know how readily available it is in dvd stores here) and I loved it.

A world-renowned conductor returns to his hometown in Northern Sweden after suffering a heart attack. He has a lot to face in his past having been bullied in his youth and the death of his mother during his adolescence. Somehow, the local pastor persuades the conductor to take over the church choir. This starts many of the characters on a trajectory that ends tragically for some and metamorphasises (such a word?) others.

The music is absolutely amazing and makes the movie worth watching for that alone. But, the characters are sympathetic and it's a wonderful story. Gabriella and I didn't like the ending, SweetSwede did, so see if you can get your hands on a copy and watch it.
misskateSep 19, 2006 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1258 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: As It Is In Heaven (S? som i himmelen)
Post 1
it still gives you that 'feel good about yourself' feeling at the end.
The text you are quoting:
it still gives you that 'feel good about yourself' feeling at the end.
SweetSwede, Sep 19, 2006 @ 12:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1258 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form