Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Harry Potter Bookes. You either love them or hate them.

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Harry Potter Bookes. You either love them or hate them.
Well .. since i am bored at home, with the flu and can't sleep .. i thought about starting a new thread.
The very much debated on the net Harry Potter books. What do you think of them?
Do you love them or hate them?

The ones that know me probabily already figured out that I love them. I am totally in love with Harry Potter books. But it's not news, I am huge fantasy lover (lord of the rings being one of my favourite book, Marion Zimmer Bradley one of my favourite fantasy writer etc) ... but .. as such .. i should loath HP.
Honestyl speaking, there's nothing new in those books.
Most of the magic, rituals, formulas, and legends ... are inspired by some olther fantasy books, celtic magic or historical legends.
But i just love it. Maybe it's because it's all of that within a 'almost normal' and contemporary setting (the boys live in modern England in the end), or because the author was really good in mixing romance/mistery/boarding school life experience in the plot .. . ... i got addicted. So much that i've read every book at least twice, i love the movies and I can't wait for the last book of the series.

Vale
The text you are quoting:
Well .. since i am bored at home, with the flu and can't sleep .. i thought about starting a new thread.
The very much debated on the net Harry Potter books. What do you think of them?
Do you love them or hate them?

The ones that know me probabily already figured out that I love them. I am totally in love with Harry Potter books. But it's not news, I am huge fantasy lover (lord of the rings being one of my favourite book, Marion Zimmer Bradley one of my favourite fantasy writer etc) ... but .. as such .. i should loath HP.
Honestyl speaking, there's nothing new in those books.
Most of the magic, rituals, formulas, and legends ... are inspired by some olther fantasy books, celtic magic or historical legends.
But i just love it. Maybe it's because it's all of that within a 'almost normal' and contemporary setting (the boys live in modern England in the end), or because the author was really good in mixing romance/mistery/boarding school life experience in the plot .. . ... i got addicted. So much that i've read every book at least twice, i love the movies and I can't wait for the last book of the series.

Vale
HoilingJan 18, 2007 @ 00:21
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 1267 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Harry Potter Bookes. You either love them or hate them.
Post 1
i hate any type of fantasy books, but my friend bothered me about it so much, and her ENTIRE family read them, so ithought i would give it a go.

i wish i could go to hogwarts. and harry needs to go wizarding university or on a gap year before uni, so that the books continue. i almost fainted when i read that jk rowling was having difficulties (or something of the sort) to finish the current book. how can she be so cruel to all HP fans? just finish the book so we can all go read it - the wait has been long enough as it is!
i hate any type of fantasy books, but my friend bothered me about it so much, and her ENTIRE family read them, so ithought i would give it a go.

i wish i could go to hogwarts. and harry needs to go wizarding university or on a gap year before uni, so that the books continue. i almost fainted when i read that jk rowling was having difficulties (or something of the sort) to finish the current book. how can she be so cruel to all HP fans? just finish the book so we can all go read it - the wait has been long enough as it is!
SweetSwede, Jan 18, 2007 @ 16:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
It's supposed to be 4 kids (don't scream at me) but at my age I too enjoy reading them and watching them at the cinema! I've also ready them a few times.
It's supposed to be 4 kids (don't scream at me) but at my age I too enjoy reading them and watching them at the cinema! I've also ready them a few times.
springday, Jan 18, 2007 @ 19:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
i am in love with harry potter! wish i could go to hogwarts! great story telling... really back to the basic story principle which means you cant go wrong :-) trouble is i read them too quickly and have then forgotten the story line by the time the next one comes out... and have to read them again to get up to speed with the latest. cant wait for the new one :-)
i am in love with harry potter! wish i could go to hogwarts! great story telling... really back to the basic story principle which means you cant go wrong :-) trouble is i read them too quickly and have then forgotten the story line by the time the next one comes out... and have to read them again to get up to speed with the latest. cant wait for the new one :-)
joellem88, Jan 19, 2007 @ 02:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6pqO40LtJo

With Music from Louis XIV

Enjoy...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6pqO40LtJo

With Music from Louis XIV

Enjoy...
Mike, Jan 19, 2007 @ 10:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
s, I am also a huge Harry Potter fan. I'm not sure how it happened but I find myself cuddling up to my 9 year old neice and reading from the same back, both of us equally excited!

I heard that the last book is going to be very sad. ONe of the main characters is going to die and I heard its going to be Harry. Stephen King supposidly tried to talk RK Rowling out of killing Harry. So many people would be disappointed. Please don't let them kill Harry Potter!!!!
s, I am also a huge Harry Potter fan. I'm not sure how it happened but I find myself cuddling up to my 9 year old neice and reading from the same back, both of us equally excited!

I heard that the last book is going to be very sad. ONe of the main characters is going to die and I heard its going to be Harry. Stephen King supposidly tried to talk RK Rowling out of killing Harry. So many people would be disappointed. Please don't let them kill Harry Potter!!!!
nancy, Jan 20, 2007 @ 10:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
hello,

I'm a fan of harry potter too!!! My younger sister was the first to start them, and she read them in french and seemed so excited about them that I decided to buy the first 3 volumes in english. I think it took me 4 days to read them and then I just couldn't wait for the 4th and then the 5th. While waiting for the 6th I read the first 5 one more time, and now I just can't wait for the next and last one (Harry Potter and the deathly hallows), so I'm planning to read them all again before this summer :)

I'm really addicted :)...but I don't like the movies though...
hello,

I'm a fan of harry potter too!!! My younger sister was the first to start them, and she read them in french and seemed so excited about them that I decided to buy the first 3 volumes in english. I think it took me 4 days to read them and then I just couldn't wait for the 4th and then the 5th. While waiting for the 6th I read the first 5 one more time, and now I just can't wait for the next and last one (Harry Potter and the deathly hallows), so I'm planning to read them all again before this summer :)

I'm really addicted :)...but I don't like the movies though...
anim_sai, Jan 23, 2007 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
I remember how reluctant I was to read the first book, but now I'm hooked. Great storytelling. The movies are a bit lacking though, but that is pretty typical of movies based on great books.

~Debbie :)
I remember how reluctant I was to read the first book, but now I'm hooked. Great storytelling. The movies are a bit lacking though, but that is pretty typical of movies based on great books.

~Debbie :)

Debbie, Jan 31, 2007 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
Personally i am a huge fan of the 4th one as i loved the last competition when Harry came face to face with The Bad Guy. Plus i like the longer ones purely for the reason that i hate it when the book comes to an end!
Personally i am a huge fan of the 4th one as i loved the last competition when Harry came face to face with The Bad Guy. Plus i like the longer ones purely for the reason that i hate it when the book comes to an end!
Catncow, Feb 5, 2007 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9
so my favourite one is the last one (for all the relationships finally happening) and the one with the Yule Ball ...

Vale
so my favourite one is the last one (for all the relationships finally happening) and the one with the Yule Ball ...

Vale
Hoiling, Feb 6, 2007 @ 17:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10
Has everyone pre-ordered their copies? I know Borders was offering 40% off the cover price and I'm sure all the other on-line retailers are as well.

My dad has ordered his and one each for me and my sister, not sure what my mom's going to do! :)
Has everyone pre-ordered their copies? I know Borders was offering 40% off the cover price and I'm sure all the other on-line retailers are as well.

My dad has ordered his and one each for me and my sister, not sure what my mom's going to do! :)
misskate, Feb 7, 2007 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
12 Replies | 1267 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form