Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > How about concert reviews?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
How about concert reviews?
Crossposted in General - I've just released a traditional year-end project of mine, the Annual Concert Review. You can download it at http://www.fileden.com/files/26600/Annual%20Concert%20Review%202006.pdf

Enjoy,
Darryl
The text you are quoting:
Crossposted in General - I've just released a traditional year-end project of mine, the Annual Concert Review. You can download it at http://www.fileden.com/files/26600/Annual%20Concert%20Review%202006.pdf

Enjoy,
Darryl

drummer_boyDec 15, 2006 @ 08:01
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 1339 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: How about concert reviews?
Post 1
Hi! This forum was set up so that people could share reviews of books, cds and movies which by their nature are repeatable, shareable experiences. I can tell you about a book, you can go and read it. I can tell you about a movie, you can go and see it. I can tell you about a really great band I saw last night, but you can't go experience that. It's already done, the show is over. That's why we don't do concert reviews in the media review forum. Thanks!
Hi! This forum was set up so that people could share reviews of books, cds and movies which by their nature are repeatable, shareable experiences. I can tell you about a book, you can go and read it. I can tell you about a movie, you can go and see it. I can tell you about a really great band I saw last night, but you can't go experience that. It's already done, the show is over. That's why we don't do concert reviews in the media review forum. Thanks!
misskate, Dec 15, 2006 @ 11:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
so, that means that even though you cannot see that specific concert you can probably see the singer/group in some other concert perhaps even the year after, or if your lucky the same year (i know that placebo and muse both played several times in geneva this year for example...)

not a bad idea therefore to see hear what they are like live since a great group can be bad live, and the other way around....

my 2 cents
so, that means that even though you cannot see that specific concert you can probably see the singer/group in some other concert perhaps even the year after, or if your lucky the same year (i know that placebo and muse both played several times in geneva this year for example...)

not a bad idea therefore to see hear what they are like live since a great group can be bad live, and the other way around....

my 2 cents
LNA__, Dec 18, 2006 @ 20:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
...I agree with her.

You would tell friends if a band rocked in concert or if they sucked. Don't really see why recommending films, books or CDs is all that different.

As she points out this could help you decide whether to go or not if the band comes back or to make a trip if they're somewhere else nearby.

There's a heck of a lot of concerts in the summer months, if the prevailing view is that talking about them doesn't belong in this section then is there a more appropriate place for them somewhere else? Would be a shame to lose all feedback on the bands.

Just my full pennyworth too.
...I agree with her.

You would tell friends if a band rocked in concert or if they sucked. Don't really see why recommending films, books or CDs is all that different.

As she points out this could help you decide whether to go or not if the band comes back or to make a trip if they're somewhere else nearby.

There's a heck of a lot of concerts in the summer months, if the prevailing view is that talking about them doesn't belong in this section then is there a more appropriate place for them somewhere else? Would be a shame to lose all feedback on the bands.

Just my full pennyworth too.

Singean, Dec 19, 2006 @ 14:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
For those many members with classical tastes, the Grand Theatre, for one, runs its operas and ballets for at least six performances. This covers a relatively short period of time, I admit, but still worth recommending or slating, no?

My hanner ceiniog.
For those many members with classical tastes, the Grand Theatre, for one, runs its operas and ballets for at least six performances. This covers a relatively short period of time, I admit, but still worth recommending or slating, no?

My hanner ceiniog.
Kola, Dec 20, 2006 @ 00:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
But I didn't really intend this as a policy-changing thing.

Not sure if you have read the review, but a lot of it is about my experiences going to or at the concerts. It's pretty funny. Yeah, I do say who rocked and who rotted, but I just thought that people who like music and writing would like it, and that some of them may be here, so this is where I posted it, even though it wasn't a book or CD review.

No hard feelings?
But I didn't really intend this as a policy-changing thing.

Not sure if you have read the review, but a lot of it is about my experiences going to or at the concerts. It's pretty funny. Yeah, I do say who rocked and who rotted, but I just thought that people who like music and writing would like it, and that some of them may be here, so this is where I posted it, even though it wasn't a book or CD review.

No hard feelings?
drummer_boy, Dec 20, 2006 @ 03:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
I'm not changing the policy and I really enjoyed your collective concert review of 2 years worth of shows. I just took the opportunity of your post to elucidate the reasoning behind the forum being what it is rather than something else.
Hope this next year is full of more good music for you!
I'm not changing the policy and I really enjoyed your collective concert review of 2 years worth of shows. I just took the opportunity of your post to elucidate the reasoning behind the forum being what it is rather than something else.
Hope this next year is full of more good music for you!
misskate, Dec 20, 2006 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 1339 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form