Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Indie/Alt/Britpop etc. and Concert-going Group in Geneva?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Indie/Alt/Britpop etc. and Concert-going Group in Geneva?

Hi ppl, I am pretty new to Geneva and am eagerly searching for a possible crowd with not-too-mainstream music tastes. As someone who doesn't really speak French (A1 level...) I have no idea how to make friends with the locals who have similar tastes, I think that I will have to wait til I improve my French, but right now I am in need of finding English-speaking fellow music lovers to discuss and maybe carpool/traveling to concerts outside of Geneva. I can't seem to find such a group on Facebook, if anyone knows anything about such a group, could you please direct me to them? If no such group exists, would anyone be interested in joining if I form a group on Facebook? 

The text you are quoting:

Hi ppl, I am pretty new to Geneva and am eagerly searching for a possible crowd with not-too-mainstream music tastes. As someone who doesn't really speak French (A1 level...) I have no idea how to make friends with the locals who have similar tastes, I think that I will have to wait til I improve my French, but right now I am in need of finding English-speaking fellow music lovers to discuss and maybe carpool/traveling to concerts outside of Geneva. I can't seem to find such a group on Facebook, if anyone knows anything about such a group, could you please direct me to them? If no such group exists, would anyone be interested in joining if I form a group on Facebook? 

JR LSep 24, 2017 @ 11:55
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1709 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Indie/Alt/Britpop etc. and Concert-going Group in Geneva?
Post 1

Sep 24, 17 11:55

Welcome to glocals and to the Geneva area!
I suggest you click the "Groups" and "Members" tabs to find people with similar i nterests and knowledge of the local musical scene.  Keep an eye on "Things to do" as well to get news of upcoming events and you'll soon be spoilt for choice.
Best wishes,  R.

Welcome to glocals and to the Geneva area!
I suggest you click the "Groups" and "Members" tabs to find people with similar i nterests and knowledge of the local musical scene.  Keep an eye on "Things to do" as well to get news of upcoming events and you'll soon be spoilt for choice.
Best wishes,  R.

Ritchie, Sep 24, 2017 @ 14:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

The lake Geneva area is pretty good for festivals in the better weather months but is generally lacking otherwise in live music, venues and up and coming band gigs.  Lausanne is not too bad, it has a more studenty vibe so a bit more in this kind of scene goes on.

Its not easy to find out these gigs so you need to keep your ear to the ground.

If you want to explore a bit of Switzerland and combine it with some gigs, later this month in Chur, there is a cool night, its 8 X 15, the radio stations usually organise these events.  8 swiss bands have 15 moinutes to play a set and show case there music.  Its a bit far just to go for the night out, but you could combine it with hikes and a look around the region, its also only an hour from Zurich, which if you havent been yet its worth visiting.

http://www.palazzochur.ch/

The lake Geneva area is pretty good for festivals in the better weather months but is generally lacking otherwise in live music, venues and up and coming band gigs.  Lausanne is not too bad, it has a more studenty vibe so a bit more in this kind of scene goes on.

Its not easy to find out these gigs so you need to keep your ear to the ground.

If you want to explore a bit of Switzerland and combine it with some gigs, later this month in Chur, there is a cool night, its 8 X 15, the radio stations usually organise these events.  8 swiss bands have 15 moinutes to play a set and show case there music.  Its a bit far just to go for the night out, but you could combine it with hikes and a look around the region, its also only an hour from Zurich, which if you havent been yet its worth visiting.

http://www.palazzochur.ch/

peaky, Sep 25, 2017 @ 10:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

There is a live music group on here that is what you are looking for:

http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-live-music-group.htm

There is a live music group on here that is what you are looking for:

http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-live-music-group.htm

Richard R, Oct 2, 2017 @ 09:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1709 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form