Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Inland Empire - dramatic delirium

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Inland Empire - dramatic delirium
It is difficult to describe so you better see for yourself :) I can guarantee than after seeing it you want to talk and discuss about it as always with David Lynch.

This is definitively a totally different way of shooting a movie since there is no consistent story but loosely connected dramatic scenes. I see this like a DJ playing with very strong scenes and using similar characters and locations to connect one scene to the other. It really shows really dramatic scenes that are really loosely connected. It is at the extreme of drama.

What I liked most is that it really plays with my expectations and really focusses on some essence of dramatic movies, by visiting the dramatic aspects of everything from soap opera to romance, violence, etc.

Looking forward to see your comments about this movie.
Cheers,
B.
The text you are quoting:
It is difficult to describe so you better see for yourself :) I can guarantee than after seeing it you want to talk and discuss about it as always with David Lynch.

This is definitively a totally different way of shooting a movie since there is no consistent story but loosely connected dramatic scenes. I see this like a DJ playing with very strong scenes and using similar characters and locations to connect one scene to the other. It really shows really dramatic scenes that are really loosely connected. It is at the extreme of drama.

What I liked most is that it really plays with my expectations and really focusses on some essence of dramatic movies, by visiting the dramatic aspects of everything from soap opera to romance, violence, etc.

Looking forward to see your comments about this movie.
Cheers,
B.

broosterFeb 23, 2007 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 817 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 817 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form