Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Little Miss Sunshine

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Little Miss Sunshine
Just saw this film and i highly recommend it!
It's a funny, sweet, feel good movie that everyone will love, and i defy you not to laugh your head off at the beauty pagent dance scene!!

Go see it before it leaves as it is only being shown at City cinema in Eaux vives, although the good thing about that is that it is only 12 chf (and 200m from my appartment ;-)

The text you are quoting:
Just saw this film and i highly recommend it!
It's a funny, sweet, feel good movie that everyone will love, and i defy you not to laugh your head off at the beauty pagent dance scene!!

Go see it before it leaves as it is only being shown at City cinema in Eaux vives, although the good thing about that is that it is only 12 chf (and 200m from my appartment ;-)

BadDNASep 13, 2006 @ 23:36
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

9 Replies | 1176 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Little Miss Sunshine
Post 1
it is a chick flip or will men like it too?
it is a chick flip or will men like it too?
Nir Ofek, Sep 19, 2006 @ 01:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
I don't think Little Miss Sunshine is at all a chick flick, but then I haven't seen it. It's supposed to be really good, though! As with any film, I'm waiting for the dvd.

Happy, Texas is another movie that mines the rich depths of child beauty pageants. I highly recommend it. It's a little hard to explain without giving the whole story away, but it involves escaped convicts, a C&W gay bar, William H. Macy, and a couple of love triangles. If you love orange jumpsuits... ;)

I don't think Little Miss Sunshine is at all a chick flick, but then I haven't seen it. It's supposed to be really good, though! As with any film, I'm waiting for the dvd.

Happy, Texas is another movie that mines the rich depths of child beauty pageants. I highly recommend it. It's a little hard to explain without giving the whole story away, but it involves escaped convicts, a C&W gay bar, William H. Macy, and a couple of love triangles. If you love orange jumpsuits... ;)

misskate, Sep 19, 2006 @ 10:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
i went and saw it yesterday, kind of reluctantly because i was't too excited about the beauty pagent idea.

something to go see if you just want to have a good time, and be reminded that there is no such thing as a normal family.
i went and saw it yesterday, kind of reluctantly because i was't too excited about the beauty pagent idea.

something to go see if you just want to have a good time, and be reminded that there is no such thing as a normal family.
SweetSwede, Sep 19, 2006 @ 16:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4
Well i went to se it with 3 guys two girls and we all enjoyed it just as much, so no, i don't think it's just a chick flick!!

Although Happy Texas is also a great movie as MissKate says, But misskate-why do you wait for the DVD? it is shown in Version original at City in Eaux Vives?? I always think it makes much more of an evening to watch a film at the cinema, as there is always the obligatory drink and chat about the film afterwards! (and even though i have a popcorn machine at home, i canot make it as nice as at the cinema, and i'm a total sucker for popcorn!)
Well i went to se it with 3 guys two girls and we all enjoyed it just as much, so no, i don't think it's just a chick flick!!

Although Happy Texas is also a great movie as MissKate says, But misskate-why do you wait for the DVD? it is shown in Version original at City in Eaux Vives?? I always think it makes much more of an evening to watch a film at the cinema, as there is always the obligatory drink and chat about the film afterwards! (and even though i have a popcorn machine at home, i canot make it as nice as at the cinema, and i'm a total sucker for popcorn!)

BadDNA, Sep 19, 2006 @ 21:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
i agree , go on mondays - cheap night!!
i agree , go on mondays - cheap night!!
SweetSwede, Sep 20, 2006 @ 11:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
Saw it in the U.S. right after it came out, took my boyfriend for a second viewing, and now he is demanding a third. Funny and endearing. Worth the high movie prices here.
Saw it in the U.S. right after it came out, took my boyfriend for a second viewing, and now he is demanding a third. Funny and endearing. Worth the high movie prices here.
alisonalison, Oct 5, 2006 @ 19:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
DEFINETELY not a chick flick
DEFINETELY not a chick flick
Crazy_Llama, Oct 13, 2006 @ 00:00