Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Movie: Three burials of Estrada

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Movie: Three burials of Estrada
I saw the movie "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and I really liked it a lot. Despite the story line being rather straighforward, it kept me hooked thanks to amazing acting (T L Jones) and superbely discussed themes (death, solitude, little towns). It clearly is in the line with great old western style (but it takes place now) because of this slow atmospheer where one has to pay attention to details. Indeed, it remains on the western type which has its positive (lighthearted, landscapes, great music) but also its negatives (nothing really new you get out with, very little dialogue). Characters aren't too much on the good or bad side but more of a mix which I also appreciated. That's my fair opinion without telling the story.. comments or different point of view welcome..or just go see it!
The text you are quoting:
I saw the movie "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada" and I really liked it a lot. Despite the story line being rather straighforward, it kept me hooked thanks to amazing acting (T L Jones) and superbely discussed themes (death, solitude, little towns). It clearly is in the line with great old western style (but it takes place now) because of this slow atmospheer where one has to pay attention to details. Indeed, it remains on the western type which has its positive (lighthearted, landscapes, great music) but also its negatives (nothing really new you get out with, very little dialogue). Characters aren't too much on the good or bad side but more of a mix which I also appreciated. That's my fair opinion without telling the story.. comments or different point of view welcome..or just go see it!
JiMEGAJan 4, 2006 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1108 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Movie: Three burials of Estrada
Post 1
That's it, I will reply to my own thread to pretend someone else saw this movie :-) Come on, I am not the only one who enjoyed it right?
That's it, I will reply to my own thread to pretend someone else saw this movie :-) Come on, I am not the only one who enjoyed it right?
JiMEGA, Feb 12, 2006 @ 04:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Movie: Three burials of Estrada
Post 2
Ok...this is probably months after you first posted this. However, I saw the movie in the theatre and really liked it. Especially the part when the culprit got beaned with a pot of boiling water. Of course the movies I like are favorites for a wide range of demographics (chic fliks to independent to sci fi fit for 14 year old boys). :-)

TL was amazing, as always. Sometimes when the plot is simple, you actually get to see the actors act.
Ok...this is probably months after you first posted this. However, I saw the movie in the theatre and really liked it. Especially the part when the culprit got beaned with a pot of boiling water. Of course the movies I like are favorites for a wide range of demographics (chic fliks to independent to sci fi fit for 14 year old boys). :-)

TL was amazing, as always. Sometimes when the plot is simple, you actually get to see the actors act.
WassupSpock, Jun 26, 2006 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1108 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form