Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Seeking to borrow Sugar Street by Naguib Mahfouz

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Seeking to borrow Sugar Street by Naguib Mahfouz
I'm about to finish the second book in Naguib Mahfouz's nobel prize winning Cairo Trilogy and wondered if anyone had the third book - Sugar Street - that I could borrow to read?

I can highly recommend the series (Palace Walk, Palace of Desire, Sugar Street) which documents the life of a Cairo family from 1915 on and carries the reader through Egypt's modern history. After the first hundred pages of the first book you feel as though you are part of the family.
Thanks, Laura

The text you are quoting:
I'm about to finish the second book in Naguib Mahfouz's nobel prize winning Cairo Trilogy and wondered if anyone had the third book - Sugar Street - that I could borrow to read?

I can highly recommend the series (Palace Walk, Palace of Desire, Sugar Street) which documents the life of a Cairo family from 1915 on and carries the reader through Egypt's modern history. After the first hundred pages of the first book you feel as though you are part of the family.
Thanks, Laura

tiger_eyesOct 29, 2006 @ 13:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1011 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 1011 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form