Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian
I know the GOL book club read this a number of months ago. I finally managed to snag a copy in Heathrow on my holiday.
I seem to remember the reviews were "mixed" from the book club. I really enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was hilarious or a comedy in particular. I could see the absurd humor of it, but it didn't make me laugh out loud. I found parts of it to be almost tragic. I do highly recommend it, though. It is well worth a read for anyone dealing with culture clashes, ageing parents or both!
The text you are quoting:
I know the GOL book club read this a number of months ago. I finally managed to snag a copy in Heathrow on my holiday.
I seem to remember the reviews were "mixed" from the book club. I really enjoyed it, but I didn't think it was hilarious or a comedy in particular. I could see the absurd humor of it, but it didn't make me laugh out loud. I found parts of it to be almost tragic. I do highly recommend it, though. It is well worth a read for anyone dealing with culture clashes, ageing parents or both!
misskateAug 14, 2006 @ 18:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 1571 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian
Post 1

I was searching for something unrelated, but I read this book ages ago and your post made me smile. You also reminded me of how is started a particularly direction of research! Thank you!!

The text you are quoting:

I was searching for something unrelated, but I read this book ages ago and your post made me smile. You also reminded me of how is started a particularly direction of research! Thank you!!

bearded09, Jul 26, 2015 @ 16:20
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 1571 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form