Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Special Topics in Calamity Physics by Marisha Pessl
I read this for an upcoming book club and really enjoyed it. It's a novel that doesn't quite follow the typical structure. The overall book is set up as a syllabus of a college class, so each chapter has the name of some literary work. It's part mystery, part coming of age with some sly humor and fascinating characters. Curl up with this and a mug of tea and watch time and surroundings fade as you visit North Carolina for a while.
The website for it is also well done, though part of me would suggest that you finish the book before visiting.
And don't worry, all you science-phobes, it has nothing to do with physics.
Off the Shelf ought to have it, but even if they have to order it, it will arrive within a day or two.
The text you are quoting:
I read this for an upcoming book club and really enjoyed it. It's a novel that doesn't quite follow the typical structure. The overall book is set up as a syllabus of a college class, so each chapter has the name of some literary work. It's part mystery, part coming of age with some sly humor and fascinating characters. Curl up with this and a mug of tea and watch time and surroundings fade as you visit North Carolina for a while.
The website for it is also well done, though part of me would suggest that you finish the book before visiting.
And don't worry, all you science-phobes, it has nothing to do with physics.
Off the Shelf ought to have it, but even if they have to order it, it will arrive within a day or two.
misskateDec 4, 2006 @ 09:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 1186 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
1 Replies | 1186 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form