Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > Movie / Book / Music Reviews > The son of man - intense : babes are gods

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
The son of man - intense : babes are gods
Specially when there is only one left on the whole planet as in the movie.

The whole story happens in an anticipation of what UK will be. It has a really provoking multi-cultural and philosophical aspect.

It is full of pretty strong images even clich?s... would be happy to share more about these once the movie get a little older :-)

I've heard that men did cry while watching it (not me). The only real problem for me is that it puts little too much of the infertility problem on the heads of ladies.

Another nice one is the Labyrinth of Pan, it is about a kid without dad during war of Spain. Hey! sounds like family matters these day in the movie theaters.

Cheers,
B.
The text you are quoting:
Specially when there is only one left on the whole planet as in the movie.

The whole story happens in an anticipation of what UK will be. It has a really provoking multi-cultural and philosophical aspect.

It is full of pretty strong images even clich?s... would be happy to share more about these once the movie get a little older :-)

I've heard that men did cry while watching it (not me). The only real problem for me is that it puts little too much of the infertility problem on the heads of ladies.

Another nice one is the Labyrinth of Pan, it is about a kid without dad during war of Spain. Hey! sounds like family matters these day in the movie theaters.

Cheers,
B.
broosterNov 17, 2006 @ 10:45
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 1138 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: The son of man - intense : babes are gods
Post 1
So what's the verdict on Son of Man: go or not go?
So what's the verdict on Son of Man: go or not go?
Nir Ofek, Nov 17, 2006 @ 16:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
went to see it, and although i found the ideas and concept fascinating...not sure if it was really THAT great of a movie. i came out wanting to love it, because it could have been excellent, but the more i thought about it, the more i found myself thinking ..would it really be like that in 2027 ? and instead of concentrating on the main storyline i found myself picking out the details of what was going on in the background etc. etc.
could have been made more realistic, very hollywood like in some parts (was surprised since they showed it at scala), true it was very moving in some parts, but in general i thought it lacked continuity and didn’t get my attention...i was being one of those annoying people in the cinema whispering to my neighbour and commenting on every scene.
Not the movie of the century: go see it if you have the movie card, but wouldn’t pay a full cinema ticket for it. not to ruin the movie for you, but when a celebrity gets the name on the movie poster and gets killed after 20mins, i feel like i didn’t get my moneys worth.
went to see it, and although i found the ideas and concept fascinating...not sure if it was really THAT great of a movie. i came out wanting to love it, because it could have been excellent, but the more i thought about it, the more i found myself thinking ..would it really be like that in 2027 ? and instead of concentrating on the main storyline i found myself picking out the details of what was going on in the background etc. etc.
could have been made more realistic, very hollywood like in some parts (was surprised since they showed it at scala), true it was very moving in some parts, but in general i thought it lacked continuity and didn’t get my attention...i was being one of those annoying people in the cinema whispering to my neighbour and commenting on every scene.
Not the movie of the century: go see it if you have the movie card, but wouldn’t pay a full cinema ticket for it. not to ruin the movie for you, but when a celebrity gets the name on the movie poster and gets killed after 20mins, i feel like i didn’t get my moneys worth.

SweetSwede, Nov 18, 2006 @ 11:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
For the others, it is still an intense thriller.
Cheers,
B.
For the others, it is still an intense thriller.
Cheers,
B.
brooster, Nov 20, 2006 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 1138 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form