Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Under the Skin

Went to see this yesterday and was expecting odd and maybe disappointing but was fascinated by what I had read about it.In the end,I found it mesmerising,a totally different cinema experience - a treat for the senses.Beautiful and haunting - still stays with me.

Anyone else seen it and loved it( most people I know didn't like it but I think they were expecting more of a straight narrative)? 

Wish there were more films like this in mainstream cinema and not just the usual Hollywood pap.

The text you are quoting:

Went to see this yesterday and was expecting odd and maybe disappointing but was fascinated by what I had read about it.In the end,I found it mesmerising,a totally different cinema experience - a treat for the senses.Beautiful and haunting - still stays with me.

Anyone else seen it and loved it( most people I know didn't like it but I think they were expecting more of a straight narrative)? 

Wish there were more films like this in mainstream cinema and not just the usual Hollywood pap.

buzzcocksAug 16, 2014 @ 22:13
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1501 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Under the Skin
Post 1

saw it last night at cine 17 in Geneva and i loved it.  Not for everyone but hey  

saw it last night at cine 17 in Geneva and i loved it.  Not for everyone but hey  

robert m, Aug 17, 2014 @ 07:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I watched it, then a few days later decided I needed to watch it again!  Now I think i understand it... very well made and only ever giving you 80% of the story so it made me feel as if i was constantly clutching for some deeper meaning that never quite came, but cinematically i thought it was magnificent.

I watched it, then a few days later decided I needed to watch it again!  Now I think i understand it... very well made and only ever giving you 80% of the story so it made me feel as if i was constantly clutching for some deeper meaning that never quite came, but cinematically i thought it was magnificent.

hucklewoo, Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Good to hear that some other people loved it too - films like this deserve more recognition

Good to hear that some other people loved it too - films like this deserve more recognition

buzzcocks, Aug 17, 2014 @ 11:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1501 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form