Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > .. and another American introducing himself to Geneva!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
.. and another American introducing himself to Geneva!

hey there, my name is Avy, and I am a 24 year old male law student interning at an international organization in Geneva for the summer. Looking forward to biking around the city, hiking mountains, traveling around Switzerland and Europe, listening to live music (Montreux anyone?), and hopefully jamming with some local folks (I am a guitarist).

Hope to use Glocals to find cool things to do. Also I was wondering if anyone had an extra bike I could borrow/rent or even buy for the summer. I am an avid cyclist (I ride everyday back at home in the US), and I would love to ride to my internship on most days, and to go on rides during the weekends.

My budget is limited - perhaps 50 francs.. but I would be happy to buy an expensive lock to make sure your bike is always safe, and then give you back your bike and gift you the lock as a thank-you in early August! I can also make you some Indian food as well! : )

I am living in a large apartment in Place du Port, and I would bring the bike up to my room every night, and my office complex is very safe.. so it won't get stolen.

I will be checking out the bike sale on Saturday at Parc des Bastions, so if anyone else wants to find a cheap bike on Sat, let me know..

http://www.provelogeneve.ch/

But if I could borrow or rent a cheap bike, that would be awesome! Thanks for reading!

Best,

Avy

The text you are quoting:

hey there, my name is Avy, and I am a 24 year old male law student interning at an international organization in Geneva for the summer. Looking forward to biking around the city, hiking mountains, traveling around Switzerland and Europe, listening to live music (Montreux anyone?), and hopefully jamming with some local folks (I am a guitarist).

Hope to use Glocals to find cool things to do. Also I was wondering if anyone had an extra bike I could borrow/rent or even buy for the summer. I am an avid cyclist (I ride everyday back at home in the US), and I would love to ride to my internship on most days, and to go on rides during the weekends.

My budget is limited - perhaps 50 francs.. but I would be happy to buy an expensive lock to make sure your bike is always safe, and then give you back your bike and gift you the lock as a thank-you in early August! I can also make you some Indian food as well! : )

I am living in a large apartment in Place du Port, and I would bring the bike up to my room every night, and my office complex is very safe.. so it won't get stolen.

I will be checking out the bike sale on Saturday at Parc des Bastions, so if anyone else wants to find a cheap bike on Sat, let me know..

http://www.provelogeneve.ch/

But if I could borrow or rent a cheap bike, that would be awesome! Thanks for reading!

Best,

Avy

avy mJun 3, 2010 @ 17:41
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

0 Replies | 620 Views      |  Send to friend

No replies posted yet.
0 Replies | 620 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form