Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
"New" in Lausanne

Hi everyone!

My name is Laura and I am sort of new in Lausanne. I have actually already lived in Lausanne for seven months last year, but haven't had the time and energy to meet a lot of people then. But now I am back and full of energy. I'm currently looking for a job in (medical) biology and trying to build up a life here, so I would like to meet some new people.

As I'm from the Netherlands, mountains are pretty new to me (I even have been laughed at by some locals for calling this mountains...). But I would really love to learn snowboarding and enjoy the snow while it lasts.

As the weather gets better, I am planning to start inline skating again. In the meantime, it would be fun to meet some people over beer or wine of coffee!

Cheers!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everyone!

My name is Laura and I am sort of new in Lausanne. I have actually already lived in Lausanne for seven months last year, but haven't had the time and energy to meet a lot of people then. But now I am back and full of energy. I'm currently looking for a job in (medical) biology and trying to build up a life here, so I would like to meet some new people.

As I'm from the Netherlands, mountains are pretty new to me (I even have been laughed at by some locals for calling this mountains...). But I would really love to learn snowboarding and enjoy the snow while it lasts.

As the weather gets better, I am planning to start inline skating again. In the meantime, it would be fun to meet some people over beer or wine of coffee!

Cheers!

Laura LJan 20, 2010 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1221 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: "New" in Lausanne
Post 1

Hi Laura,

I am also new to Lausanne. I just moved here a week and a half ago from California. I know what you mean about taking advantage of the beautiful mountains. I want to take skiing lessons myself.

I haven't had the opprotunity to explore the local bars or cafes, but I would love to meet a fellow newbie for a drink if you are interested.

-KiYonna

Hi Laura,

I am also new to Lausanne. I just moved here a week and a half ago from California. I know what you mean about taking advantage of the beautiful mountains. I want to take skiing lessons myself.

I haven't had the opprotunity to explore the local bars or cafes, but I would love to meet a fellow newbie for a drink if you are interested.

-KiYonna

KiYonna C, Jan 23, 2010 @ 15:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Laura, KiYonna and harpal,

Welcome in Lausanne. You are not alone in your situation and that is why glocals is such a success. I invite you to look under member activities, you 'll see that there are regular activities where you can meet other new and veteran members. Between other things, coming Thursday jumpman organises bowling and Friday you are invited to join jasper's monthly drink.

Hope to meet you soon

jasper

Hi Laura, KiYonna and harpal,

Welcome in Lausanne. You are not alone in your situation and that is why glocals is such a success. I invite you to look under member activities, you 'll see that there are regular activities where you can meet other new and veteran members. Between other things, coming Thursday jumpman organises bowling and Friday you are invited to join jasper's monthly drink.

Hope to meet you soon

jasper

jasper, Jan 30, 2010 @ 10:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you Jasper!

I will try to come to one of the activities ASAP and hope to meet lots of people there!

Laura

Thank you Jasper!

I will try to come to one of the activities ASAP and hope to meet lots of people there!

Laura

Laura L, Feb 1, 2010 @ 18:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hoi Laura,

Welkom in Lausanne, het is mijn eerst keer in Lausanne. I am not Dutch but I am new in Lausanne and Switzerland. I am also looking to meet people from all over the world and maybe make good friends. If you feel like having a drink or chatting, let me know.

Groetjes,

Filomena

Hoi Laura,

Welkom in Lausanne, het is mijn eerst keer in Lausanne. I am not Dutch but I am new in Lausanne and Switzerland. I am also looking to meet people from all over the world and maybe make good friends. If you feel like having a drink or chatting, let me know.

Groetjes,

Filomena

Maria S, Feb 6, 2010 @ 19:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hey!

I am also new in Lausanne. Just thought I would say hello. I moved from Ireland to Lausanne last month but haven't really been out exploring properly. I have only just started taking french classes.

I moved over to be with my boyfriend who is working at the hospital in Lausanne. He works long hours. I am planning to study for a month or two then look for a job. It would be great to meet up with some people in the same position :). At the minute I am studying 3 hours a day so have plenty of free time!

Would be great to here from you!

Jen :)

Hey!

I am also new in Lausanne. Just thought I would say hello. I moved from Ireland to Lausanne last month but haven't really been out exploring properly. I have only just started taking french classes.

I moved over to be with my boyfriend who is working at the hospital in Lausanne. He works long hours. I am planning to study for a month or two then look for a job. It would be great to meet up with some people in the same position :). At the minute I am studying 3 hours a day so have plenty of free time!

Would be great to here from you!

Jen :)

Jennifer J, Feb 20, 2010 @ 23:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1221 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form