Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > A new Geek in Town

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A new Geek in Town

hi, my name is waqas, I’m 24 and new in Geneva, it has been just a week, and i'm really getting bore as i don't know anyone here to go out and to have some activities, especially the French language bothers me alot. I feel myself lost. so i spend most of my time at my apartment watching movies, surfing internet and trying to learn French (ewww!).

Mostly i'm into computer kinnda activities like programming/web development etc, i love trekking, motor biking. I joined glocals so could find some nice people around. 

The text you are quoting:

hi, my name is waqas, I’m 24 and new in Geneva, it has been just a week, and i'm really getting bore as i don't know anyone here to go out and to have some activities, especially the French language bothers me alot. I feel myself lost. so i spend most of my time at my apartment watching movies, surfing internet and trying to learn French (ewww!).

Mostly i'm into computer kinnda activities like programming/web development etc, i love trekking, motor biking. I joined glocals so could find some nice people around. 

waqas sFeb 8, 2011 @ 20:22
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 710 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A new Geek in Town
Post 1

Bienvenue, Waqas ;-)

Bienvenue, Waqas ;-)

Medicis, Feb 8, 2011 @ 21:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

merci bocu

merci bocu

waqas s, Feb 8, 2011 @ 21:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

merci bocu

Feb 8, 11 21:24

"merci bocu"???

if you pronounce it as well as you write it, I advise you to go on the street, say it to the first woman you meet & see her reaction... I swear yLaughingu will look very funny... maybe except for yTongue outu & her

"merci bocu"???

if you pronounce it as well as you write it, I advise you to go on the street, say it to the first woman you meet & see her reaction... I swear yLaughingu will look very funny... maybe except for yTongue outu & her

Justin, Feb 9, 2011 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

ahh i knew it! Most of time i get confused with R, french people use R as "kah". well this is why, i feel my self lost. who knows the first women to whom i say this word would be new to french like me. anyways i'm gonna try this. hehe.

is it right now?

"Mekhsi Bhokhu"

ahh i knew it! Most of time i get confused with R, french people use R as "kah". well this is why, i feel my self lost. who knows the first women to whom i say this word would be new to french like me. anyways i'm gonna try this. hehe.

is it right now?

"Mekhsi Bhokhu"

waqas s, Feb 9, 2011 @ 09:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

is it right now?

"Mekhsi Bhokhu"

Feb 9, 11 09:40

Hahahaha...sorry...

Just write = MERCI BEAUCOUP

and spell = mersee ( as see ) bocou... ( as you ) 

Hope it help....Embarassed

Hahahaha...sorry...

Just write = MERCI BEAUCOUP

and spell = mersee ( as see ) bocou... ( as you ) 

Hope it help....Embarassed

Medicis, Feb 9, 2011 @ 10:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

thanks for the help, 

i was watching some video on youtube about french language. they pronounced merci, as Mekhci, so which one is right

Merci or Mekhci,

thanks for the help, 

i was watching some video on youtube about french language. they pronounced merci, as Mekhci, so which one is right

Merci or Mekhci,

waqas s, Feb 9, 2011 @ 11:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

you can write "merci beaucoup" in the google's translator, & click on the sign of the sound to listen the pronunciation

you can write "merci beaucoup" in the google's translator, & click on the sign of the sound to listen the pronunciation

Justin, Feb 9, 2011 @ 11:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

thanks for the help, 

Merci or Mekhci,

Feb 9, 11 11:08

The french "R" sound is a throat-clearing mechanism.  French speakers never cough or clear their throat; all they need to do is speak.  =)

The french "R" sound is a throat-clearing mechanism.  French speakers never cough or clear their throat; all they need to do is speak.  =)

richardm, Feb 9, 2011 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 710 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form