Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > A perfect storm of caffeine and hormones is about to touch on Lake Geneva...

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
A perfect storm of caffeine and hormones is about to touch on Lake Geneva...

Hi!  I'm Magie and I am moving in August.  I can't wait!

I'm hoping to meet new people who love to dance, appreciate yummy food, finding fun new cocktails, and being outside when it's possible.  I firmly believe in the concept of 'Sunday Funday' and plan on exporting it to Switzerland, asap.  I'm a decent salsa dancer, so I'm thrilled to see all of the salsa groups on this site.  

I've cooked my way around the world and my current roommate is a bartender.  I've been living in different countries since I was 16 and I speak German and some Arabic (and hopefully I'll learn French soon too).

Where do people find apartments in and around this city?!?!  I've had a hellacious time so far, including one place which I signed the lease, was going to pay on the Monday, and got an email saying that the place was gone because someone else paid on a Saturday!  I'll be a student so I can't have the most expensive place either.

Wrapping it up!  I'm looking forward to meeting new friends.  Hope to hear back from ya, and meet you soon.

Mags :)

The text you are quoting:

Hi!  I'm Magie and I am moving in August.  I can't wait!

I'm hoping to meet new people who love to dance, appreciate yummy food, finding fun new cocktails, and being outside when it's possible.  I firmly believe in the concept of 'Sunday Funday' and plan on exporting it to Switzerland, asap.  I'm a decent salsa dancer, so I'm thrilled to see all of the salsa groups on this site.  

I've cooked my way around the world and my current roommate is a bartender.  I've been living in different countries since I was 16 and I speak German and some Arabic (and hopefully I'll learn French soon too).

Where do people find apartments in and around this city?!?!  I've had a hellacious time so far, including one place which I signed the lease, was going to pay on the Monday, and got an email saying that the place was gone because someone else paid on a Saturday!  I'll be a student so I can't have the most expensive place either.

Wrapping it up!  I'm looking forward to meeting new friends.  Hope to hear back from ya, and meet you soon.

Mags :)

Magie HallJul 12, 2010 @ 00:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 770 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: A perfect storm of caffeine and hormones is about to touch on Lake Geneva...
Post 1

"Caffine and hormones".... Wow thats some personal intro... welcome to Geneva and Im sure we will spot that "perfect storm" at the next party! ( I guess you'll be the one nervously arguing with someone in the corner somewhere Tongue outTongue outTongue out YellYellYell )

"Caffine and hormones".... Wow thats some personal intro... welcome to Geneva and Im sure we will spot that "perfect storm" at the next party! ( I guess you'll be the one nervously arguing with someone in the corner somewhere Tongue outTongue outTongue out YellYellYell )

Charlie, Jul 12, 2010 @ 09:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: A perfect storm of caffeine and hormones is about to touch on Lake Geneva...
Post 2

Welcome to Geneva and best of luck ! Sunday Funday is a great concept indeed. 

Appartments are rather hard to find. Especially in the Geneve Canton. I am actually working on getting a new appartment too closer to Geneva. Drop me a line and I'll send you some agency adresses in function of what you're looking for. 

For students, some of the glocals might be able to help you too (I'm not a student anymore so I don't know how it works here) but you also  have University solutions that will be a bit cheaper than a flat. 

Another cool thing here is house sharing and flat sharing. If in a group of nice socializing and open people flat sharing can be fun. Depends on your expectations. 

Ioan 

Welcome to Geneva and best of luck ! Sunday Funday is a great concept indeed. 

Appartments are rather hard to find. Especially in the Geneve Canton. I am actually working on getting a new appartment too closer to Geneva. Drop me a line and I'll send you some agency adresses in function of what you're looking for. 

For students, some of the glocals might be able to help you too (I'm not a student anymore so I don't know how it works here) but you also  have University solutions that will be a bit cheaper than a flat. 

Another cool thing here is house sharing and flat sharing. If in a group of nice socializing and open people flat sharing can be fun. Depends on your expectations. 

Ioan 

Ioan Caltun, Jul 12, 2010 @ 10:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Not much of an arguer!  But pretty much, yeah.  =)

Not much of an arguer!  But pretty much, yeah.  =)

Magie Hall, Jul 12, 2010 @ 19:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

And, Loan, I'm emailing you now.

And, Loan, I'm emailing you now.

Magie Hall, Jul 12, 2010 @ 19:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Welcome Magie,

Lively or what......just what these swiss need !

Catch you later

helen

Welcome Magie,

Lively or what......just what these swiss need !

Catch you later

helen

Helen L, Jul 12, 2010 @ 21:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

A fellow foodie?? A nice rarity if you also do the cooking trick! 

Welcome and good luck... hope to get invited to the first SFunday... as I am a newbie too....

A fellow foodie?? A nice rarity if you also do the cooking trick! 

Welcome and good luck... hope to get invited to the first SFunday... as I am a newbie too....

Luis G, Jul 12, 2010 @ 21:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Can't wait to meet, Helen!

Luis - I'm a cook and a foodie (best/worst combination EVER!).  Will put out the Sunday Funday invite once I'm settled (e.g. my first Sunday).

Can't wait to meet, Helen!

Luis - I'm a cook and a foodie (best/worst combination EVER!).  Will put out the Sunday Funday invite once I'm settled (e.g. my first Sunday).

Magie Hall, Jul 13, 2010 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 770 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form