Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > About accomodation in Geneva - not expensive

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
About accomodation in Geneva - not expensive

Hi everybody,

My name is Faig, 28 yo, I am from Azerbaijan,Baku. I am planning to move Geneva for getting master education in Switzerland in September 2015.

I am looking for an accomodation with these characteristics: 1 room= 1 bedroom , with wc+bathroom; possibly in near to city center, but i'm fine with other areas too; budget for accomodation  up to 550 CHF, of course the lesser the better :)

I need your HELP . Because I couldn't find any place, most of is fulled.

Thank you!

The text you are quoting:

Hi everybody,

My name is Faig, 28 yo, I am from Azerbaijan,Baku. I am planning to move Geneva for getting master education in Switzerland in September 2015.

I am looking for an accomodation with these characteristics: 1 room= 1 bedroom , with wc+bathroom; possibly in near to city center, but i'm fine with other areas too; budget for accomodation  up to 550 CHF, of course the lesser the better :)

I need your HELP . Because I couldn't find any place, most of is fulled.

Thank you!

Faig KJul 22, 2015 @ 12:40
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

20 Replies | 1417 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: About accomodation in Geneva - not expensive
Post 1

Someone might let you stay in their shed for 550CHF.

Someone might let you stay in their shed for 550CHF.

Sam I, Jul 22, 2015 @ 12:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

There must be some special students accomodation in Geneva, I heard of a place based in Champel (I can't remember what it is called) but it surely must be more affordable than accomodations for paid workers:)

There must be some special students accomodation in Geneva, I heard of a place based in Champel (I can't remember what it is called) but it surely must be more affordable than accomodations for paid workers:)

marieh, Jul 22, 2015 @ 12:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Thank you for your response, Actually, someone said me that, I could find accomodation at this price, but not in the city center of course :) that's why I posted this topic. Anyway, thank you.

Thank you for your response, Actually, someone said me that, I could find accomodation at this price, but not in the city center of course :) that's why I posted this topic. Anyway, thank you.

Faig K, Jul 22, 2015 @ 12:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Jul 22, 15 12:52

so, which amount do you offer for my accomodation? I have no information. How much university dormitories?

so, which amount do you offer for my accomodation? I have no information. How much university dormitories?

Faig K, Jul 22, 2015 @ 12:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Sorry, I do not know, I just heard from a Swiss student (at an event) that she was staying in a students place in Champel. I can only guess that it must be cheaper than renting a CHF1000.- furnished bedroom. If I hear anything, I would let you know...

Sorry, I do not know, I just heard from a Swiss student (at an event) that she was staying in a students place in Champel. I can only guess that it must be cheaper than renting a CHF1000.- furnished bedroom. If I hear anything, I would let you know...

TreeOf Life, Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Jul 22, 15 13:38

Thank you, if you have any information don't hesitete, please contact with me. 

Thank you, if you have any information don't hesitete, please contact with me. 

Faig K, Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Its in French but single room is up to 580chf or seems they have dormitorys at 25chf a night but you share a room and there is no wifi and it actually works out more expensive that the single room.

http://cite-uni.unige.ch/fr/nos-hebergements/resident/

Résidents réguliers (inscrits à l'Université de Genève)

Nous accueillons des résidents réguliers durant l'année académique.
Prix d'une chambre: CHF 480.- à 580.- par mois charges comprises.
Prix d'un studio: CHF 840.- à 1'200.- par mois charges comprises, pour 2 personnes

Its in French but single room is up to 580chf or seems they have dormitorys at 25chf a night but you share a room and there is no wifi and it actually works out more expensive that the single room.

Résidents réguliers (inscrits à l'Université de Genève)

Nous accueillons des résidents réguliers durant l'année académique.
Prix d'une chambre: CHF 480.- à 580.- par mois charges comprises.
Prix d'un studio: CHF 840.- à 1'200.- par mois charges comprises, pour 2 personnes

Oonagh, Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Résidents réguliers (inscrits à l'Université de Genève) Nous accueillons des résidents réguliers durant l'année académique. Prix d'une chambre: CHF 480.- à 580.- par mois charges comprises. Prix d'un studio: CHF 840.- à 1'200.- par mois charges comprises, pour 2 personnes

Jul 22, 15 13:44

Anyway, Thank you for your response.

Actually, according to my budget , I don't need the accomodation places in city center. Aslo, this option is shared room.But I need single room :/

Anyway, Thank you for your response.

Actually, according to my budget , I don't need the accomodation places in city center. Aslo, this option is shared room.But I need single room :/

Faig K, Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

580.- for a single room...  It's almost your budget.  Champel is not that in the city center.  I doubt you will find that cheaper further away - Oonagh?

580.- for a single room...  It's almost your budget.  Champel is not that in the city center.  I doubt you will find that cheaper further away - Oonagh?

TreeOf Life, Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

It says between 480-580.- ^^

It says between 480-580.- ^^

TreeOf Life, Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

You can check university acommodations, the best way is to contact the University and ask them for details or check this website (only in French: http://www.unige.ch/batiment/division/service-batiments/prestations/loger/)

another website to look for accomodation is: http://www.wgzimmer.ch/en/wgzimmer.html?wc_language=en

inside Geneva, you'd need to be lucky to find a good room for 550 CHF.

Good luck!

You can check university acommodations, the best way is to contact the University and ask them for details or check this website (only in French: http://www.unige.ch/batiment/division/service-batiments/prestations/loger/)

another website to look for accomodation is: http://www.wgzimmer.ch/en/wgzimmer.html?wc_language=en

Good luck!

Sinan, Jul 22, 2015 @ 13:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Jul 22, 15 13:57

That's good. Sorry , in my previous text I understood wrongly. 

Thank you for you info, I 'll contact with them.

That's good. Sorry , in my previous text I understood wrongly. 

Thank you for you info, I 'll contact with them.

Faig K, Jul 22, 2015 @ 14:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Good luck!

Jul 22, 15 13:58

Thank you Sinan, for your information, you helped me a lot.

Faig K, Jul 22, 2015 @ 14:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Jul 22, 15 14:03

I wrote to above accomodation places, waiting for positive response..

I wrote to above accomodation places, waiting for positive response..

Faig K, Jul 22, 2015 @ 14:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

As suggested, you should certainly contact the university at which you will be studying for information on their housing facilities, but as far as I know there are no vacancies at Uni/GE’s “foyers” for the upcoming academic year, so you will also have to look elsewhere.

One possibility is to advertise on glocals “Classifieds”, where you can also find offers under “Housing available”.

At the same time, I would suggest that you revise your budget if possible, because you will be hard pushed to find anything under 650-700 p.m.

If your student permit allows you to live in France, you might find something cheaper there.

Another site where you can find offers and also advertise is the local English-language radio station, WRS (World Radio Switzerland).

Yours is a tough task but if you try hard enough you’ll find something eventually.

Best wishes, R.

As suggested, you should certainly contact the university at which you will be studying for information on their housing facilities, but as far as I know there are no vacancies at Uni/GE’s “foyers” for the upcoming academic year, so you will also have to look elsewhere.

One possibility is to advertise on glocals “Classifieds”, where you can also find offers under “Housing available”.

At the same time, I would suggest that you revise your budget if possible, because you will be hard pushed to find anything under 650-700 p.m.

If your student permit allows you to live in France, you might find something cheaper there.

Another site where you can find offers and also advertise is the local English-language radio station, WRS (World Radio Switzerland).

Yours is a tough task but if you try hard enough you’ll find something eventually.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Jul 22, 2015 @ 15:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

Try the Ciguë! I have a friend who lives in housing that they organise and it only costs her 300.- a month, and it's quite close to the city centre!

http://cigue.ch/the-cigue-presented/

You have to be a student, but that's not a problem for you! Only thing is there's a lot of competition to get those rooms. Gotta be quick and persistent! Hope it helps.

Best,

Sophie

Try the Ciguë! I have a friend who lives in housing that they organise and it only costs her 300.- a month, and it's quite close to the city centre!

You have to be a student, but that's not a problem for you! Only thing is there's a lot of competition to get those rooms. Gotta be quick and persistent! Hope it helps.

Best,

Sophie

Sophie Ammann, Jul 22, 2015 @ 19:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

Best wishes, R.

Jul 22, 15 15:19

Thank you Ritchie! 

I followed as you said,looked for at this forum, I have found a lot of options, wrote them for accomodation, But all replied that, none of place is available. Due to for this reason, I posted this topic here, and found also different good options, I wrote also to them, waiting for their response.

Thank you for your interest .

Thank you Ritchie! 

I followed as you said,looked for at this forum, I have found a lot of options, wrote them for accomodation, But all replied that, none of place is available. Due to for this reason, I posted this topic here, and found also different good options, I wrote also to them, waiting for their response.

Thank you for your interest .

Faig K, Jul 23, 2015 @ 06:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

Best,

Sophie

Jul 22, 15 19:18

Thank you Sophie for your effort in helping me! 

I wrote to Cigue, for accomodation, and get this email :

Good afternoon Sir,

Unfortunately all the rooms were alredy given.

You could try a private room on our website, that’s the only possibility left.

Have success in your research,

Best Regards,

Pascal Bourquin

Logements et Restaurants universitaires

Rue de Candolle 4, 1211 Genève 4
Ligne directe : 022/379.74.05
E-mail :
[email protected]

Frown

Thank you Sophie for your effort in helping me! 

I wrote to Cigue, for accomodation, and get this email :

Good afternoon Sir,

Unfortunately all the rooms were alredy given.

You could try a private room on our website, that’s the only possibility left.

Have success in your research,

Best Regards,

Pascal Bourquin

Logements et Restaurants universitaires

Rue de Candolle 4, 1211 Genève 4
Ligne directe : 022/379.74.05
E-mail :
[email protected]

Frown

Faig K, Jul 23, 2015 @ 06:40
Your Reply: