Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > American Pastry Chef in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
American Pastry Chef in Geneva

I heard about glocals from a random meeting of an American in Lausanne and figured this would be a good place to start.  

My name is Katy, I moved to Collonges sous Saleve (a little French village just outside Geneva) from San Francisco about 3 weeks ago.  I look forward to hopefully making some new friends and doing some outdoor activities, of which there seems to be a plethora here.  I would also really LOVE to improve my French without having to pay $500 for a Migros language class.

I love to cook and bake and would be more than willing to trade cooking lessons for language, anytime.  

Cheers!

The text you are quoting:

I heard about glocals from a random meeting of an American in Lausanne and figured this would be a good place to start.  

My name is Katy, I moved to Collonges sous Saleve (a little French village just outside Geneva) from San Francisco about 3 weeks ago.  I look forward to hopefully making some new friends and doing some outdoor activities, of which there seems to be a plethora here.  I would also really LOVE to improve my French without having to pay $500 for a Migros language class.

I love to cook and bake and would be more than willing to trade cooking lessons for language, anytime.  

Cheers!

Katy OAug 17, 2011 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1082 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: American Pastry Chef in Geneva
Post 1

Hi there and welcome to the area and to Glocals from a compatriot!

You planning to sell any of your wares? What are your specialties? 

Looking forward to seeing you at some events....

Hi there and welcome to the area and to Glocals from a compatriot!

You planning to sell any of your wares? What are your specialties? 

Looking forward to seeing you at some events....

Translator, Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I would say my specialities are more of the American variety, cookies, cakes, pies, brownies.  However, I did do German and French baking at a little bakery in North Carolina where we made the croissants, puff pastry and danish by hand from scratch every few days.  

Unfortunately, the apartment where I currently live has no oven.  I am using a crappy toaster oven my boyfriend owns and it burns everything.  I'm also without a mixer, so creaming butter and sugar has been absent from my repertoire for almost a month now.  I'm desperate for a good kitchen and good equipment at the moment.  

I would say my specialities are more of the American variety, cookies, cakes, pies, brownies.  However, I did do German and French baking at a little bakery in North Carolina where we made the croissants, puff pastry and danish by hand from scratch every few days.  

Unfortunately, the apartment where I currently live has no oven.  I am using a crappy toaster oven my boyfriend owns and it burns everything.  I'm also without a mixer, so creaming butter and sugar has been absent from my repertoire for almost a month now.  I'm desperate for a good kitchen and good equipment at the moment.  

Katy O, Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Check out this group:  http://www.glocals.com/#/groups/geneva/geneva-come-dine-with-us-group.htm

We are going to have to hook you up especially since some of us a dying for a taste of home!Tongue out  

Check out this group:  http://www.glocals.com/#/groups/geneva/geneva-come-dine-with-us-group.htm

We are going to have to hook you up especially since some of us a dying for a taste of home!Tongue out  

Translator, Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Katy,

We are just moving into Geneva (from Portland, OR).  I have a coffee pot and mixer - with UK plugs.  I was going to send to Salvation Army - you are welcome to have them if you'd like.  We are in Geneva, Route de Florissant.

Cheers,

Barbara

Hi Katy,

We are just moving into Geneva (from Portland, OR).  I have a coffee pot and mixer - with UK plugs.  I was going to send to Salvation Army - you are welcome to have them if you'd like.  We are in Geneva, Route de Florissant.

Cheers,

Barbara

Barbara B, Aug 17, 2011 @ 13:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Katy,

Cheers,

Barbara

Aug 17, 11 13:02

Barbara,

The mixer would be awesome!  I don't drink coffee, however, otherwise I would probably take you up on that too.  

When would be a good time for me to swing by?  This weekend perhaps?

Thank you!

Barbara,

The mixer would be awesome!  I don't drink coffee, however, otherwise I would probably take you up on that too.  

When would be a good time for me to swing by?  This weekend perhaps?

Thank you!

Katy O, Aug 17, 2011 @ 13:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1082 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form