Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Americans in GVA?

Hi, I'm in GVA since about 3 months and I would love to catch up with some fellow Americans...to meet for a chat, coffee..I miss the American friendlyness..

I'm female, 37, laid back, a bit shy, newly single. I have a grey hound and am often in Parc de la Grange..maybe somebody wants to join me for a walk?

Masha

The text you are quoting:

Hi, I'm in GVA since about 3 months and I would love to catch up with some fellow Americans...to meet for a chat, coffee..I miss the American friendlyness..

I'm female, 37, laid back, a bit shy, newly single. I have a grey hound and am often in Parc de la Grange..maybe somebody wants to join me for a walk?

Masha

Masha GNov 6, 2014 @ 09:42
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

7 Replies | 937 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Americans in GVA?
Post 1

Masha,

After time in the US, I hear you when you say you miss the American friendliness. It should be easy to find Americans in the international village that is Geneva. Particularly if you reside in the city center. I will see if some of my US friends are keen to welcome you and partake in walks.

Best,

Henry

Masha,

After time in the US, I hear you when you say you miss the American friendliness. It should be easy to find Americans in the international village that is Geneva. Particularly if you reside in the city center. I will see if some of my US friends are keen to welcome you and partake in walks.

Best,

Henry

Henry L, Nov 7, 2014 @ 09:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks much! I know there are quite a lot of Americans out and about in GVA but meeting them is not easy as that..

Best,

Masha

Thanks much! I know there are quite a lot of Americans out and about in GVA but meeting them is not easy as that..

Best,

Masha

Masha G, Nov 7, 2014 @ 10:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Masha,

Sorry, I did not mean it was easy to meet people. I just wanted to let you know that the US community in Geneva is quite large (but you are obviously alredy aware of that). I would recommend that you consider joining a glocals group with Americans. And hope that nice Americans respond to your message with a possibility to welcome you here.

Again, apologies if my point was misconstrued.

Best,

H.

Masha,

Sorry, I did not mean it was easy to meet people. I just wanted to let you know that the US community in Geneva is quite large (but you are obviously alredy aware of that). I would recommend that you consider joining a glocals group with Americans. And hope that nice Americans respond to your message with a possibility to welcome you here.

Again, apologies if my point was misconstrued.

Best,

H.

Henry L, Nov 7, 2014 @ 10:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Henry,

I got your point :)

Let me know if some of your US friends would be up for coffee or a dog walk.. would be great!

Masha

Henry,

I got your point :)

Let me know if some of your US friends would be up for coffee or a dog walk.. would be great!

Masha

Masha G, Nov 7, 2014 @ 11:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Why not contact the American International Women’s Club?  Their clubrooms are on avenue de la Gare des Eaux-Vives so near to where you live.  They have a wide range of activities and membership is also open to non-US nationals so the ambiance is a good mix of long-time residents and newcomers.

Best wishes, R.

Why not contact the American International Women’s Club?  Their clubrooms are on avenue de la Gare des Eaux-Vives so near to where you live.  They have a wide range of activities and membership is also open to non-US nationals so the ambiance is a good mix of long-time residents and newcomers.

Best wishes, R.

Ritchie, Nov 7, 2014 @ 11:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Masha,

I don't live in Geneva itself but I make my way over there and to other towns/cities around the lake with some regularity. I'll be in Geneva for most of the day next Saturday (15th) if you're around and want to meet for a coffee or a walk? Just let me know!

Best,

David

Masha,

I don't live in Geneva itself but I make my way over there and to other towns/cities around the lake with some regularity. I'll be in Geneva for most of the day next Saturday (15th) if you're around and want to meet for a coffee or a walk? Just let me know!

Best,

David

David K, Nov 7, 2014 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi,

thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure yet what my plans will be this Sunday, I will drop you a line if I'm around. If the weather is ok we could maybe go for a stroll along the lake..

Masha

Hi,

thanks for getting in touch. I'm not sure yet what my plans will be this Sunday, I will drop you a line if I'm around. If the weather is ok we could maybe go for a stroll along the lake..

Masha

Masha G, Nov 10, 2014 @ 15:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
7 Replies | 937 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form