Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
An Aussie Newbie

Hi Glocals!

I'm a 28 year old Australian teacher and artist who moved to Geneva two weeks ago for my husband's work. I like art (obvioiusly), live music, yoga, being a tourist, and watching Friends (It will never get old!).

My French is poor and I'm very keen to practise and build my confidence. If you speak French and are looking for an English tandem partner, please let me know :)

I'm also keen to explore Geneva, expecially during the day. If anyone wants to head out sight seeing, I'm interested!

The text you are quoting:

Hi Glocals!

I'm a 28 year old Australian teacher and artist who moved to Geneva two weeks ago for my husband's work. I like art (obvioiusly), live music, yoga, being a tourist, and watching Friends (It will never get old!).

My French is poor and I'm very keen to practise and build my confidence. If you speak French and are looking for an English tandem partner, please let me know :)

I'm also keen to explore Geneva, expecially during the day. If anyone wants to head out sight seeing, I'm interested!

Rita BJan 17, 2017 @ 10:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 1178 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: An Aussie Newbie
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and Geneva!

Take a look at the “Groups” and you’ll find plenty of members who can help you with both French and snowboarding.  “Things to do” is another good source for activities and meeting people with like-minded interests.

All the best, R.

Welcome to glocals and Geneva!

Take a look at the “Groups” and you’ll find plenty of members who can help you with both French and snowboarding.  “Things to do” is another good source for activities and meeting people with like-minded interests.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Jan 17, 2017 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

I can help with french :) And coffee if you might get lonely.. :)

I can help with french :) And coffee if you might get lonely.. :)

Janaël U, Mar 6, 2017 @ 12:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hullo Rita!

My name is Alex and I just moved here a month ago from Alaska. I am working as an au pair out by Saint Jean. Unfortunately, my French verges between lousy and nonexistent BUT I do have time to explore during the day! I also have been rewatching Friends for the billionth time (somewhat in lieu of having them haha..) and it truly never gets old :)

I'd be happy to grab a coffee  or something this week if you like!

Cheers,

Alex

Hullo Rita!

My name is Alex and I just moved here a month ago from Alaska. I am working as an au pair out by Saint Jean. Unfortunately, my French verges between lousy and nonexistent BUT I do have time to explore during the day! I also have been rewatching Friends for the billionth time (somewhat in lieu of having them haha..) and it truly never gets old :)

I'd be happy to grab a coffee  or something this week if you like!

Cheers,

Alex

ALEXANDRA SEDOR, Mar 27, 2017 @ 14:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hey Rita & Alex! I'd also be happy to join for a coffee or a drink!:) cheers

Hey Rita & Alex! I'd also be happy to join for a coffee or a drink!:) cheers

Justyna D, Apr 1, 2017 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Rita! 

I'm 28 too and have despicable French communication skills which are making me feel like a lost puppy on the streets. I would also love some help with French if you find any and are willing to include me. I love to walk, hike and explore places. I am also a ballet dancer and have moved here just two days ago to work with the World Economic Forum. I would be very happy for some company as I'm starting to miss my friends. 

Let me know if you, or any others on this thread, would like to do something sometime.

Love

Suchi

Hi Rita! 

I'm 28 too and have despicable French communication skills which are making me feel like a lost puppy on the streets. I would also love some help with French if you find any and are willing to include me. I love to walk, hike and explore places. I am also a ballet dancer and have moved here just two days ago to work with the World Economic Forum. I would be very happy for some company as I'm starting to miss my friends. 

Let me know if you, or any others on this thread, would like to do something sometime.

Love

Suchi

suchi kedia, Apr 2, 2017 @ 22:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey guys! I am 28 and from Geneva (born and raised) and always happy to help with french communication skills! I would love to join for coffee and help you appreciate life in my beautiful city of Geneva

Hey guys! I am 28 and from Geneva (born and raised) and always happy to help with french communication skills! I would love to join for coffee and help you appreciate life in my beautiful city of Geneva

Janaël U, Apr 4, 2017 @ 13:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hello, i would be interested to join the french learning meeting as well. Cheers kostas

Hello, i would be interested to join the french learning meeting as well. Cheers kostas

Kos Bak, Apr 4, 2017 @ 21:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

hello girls, Who is up for a walk and a coffee this week?? :)

hello girls, Who is up for a walk and a coffee this week?? :)

Monique De lima, Apr 11, 2017 @ 20:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 1178 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form