Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Anyone around from Bern or surrounding area

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Anyone around from Bern or surrounding area
HI Glocals!

I stumbled upon this site after googling ways to meet new people. I feel kinda weird, like a marketplace for friends but it also seems kind of fun.

I feel like that there aren`t many events or people outside Geneva, Lausanne, or Zurich.

Can anyone tell me anything going on in either Bern or Basel or thereabouts? I am currently living in Solothurn, it is very quiet and very hard to meet new people especially without german. Ich lerne gerade deutsch... but it`s a process :)

Any helpful suggestions are appreciated :)

Julie
The text you are quoting:
HI Glocals!

I stumbled upon this site after googling ways to meet new people. I feel kinda weird, like a marketplace for friends but it also seems kind of fun.

I feel like that there aren`t many events or people outside Geneva, Lausanne, or Zurich.

Can anyone tell me anything going on in either Bern or Basel or thereabouts? I am currently living in Solothurn, it is very quiet and very hard to meet new people especially without german. Ich lerne gerade deutsch... but it`s a process :)

Julie
Julie.CanadaOct 28, 2008 @ 19:47
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

8 Replies | 917 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Anyone around from Bern or surrounding area
Post 1
Hi there Julie!... If you're looking for ppl in BE, contact: 'Mirta' (been trying for ages to get BE started) & 'Doeper' (ex-LoLer and all round decent chap!) ...for Basel, try 'GDunrave' (a real hoot!) & 'Roberta' (who I think is around there somewhere!)... Good luck!!! :-) J.

PS, you could always do a drinks eve, and just see who turns up, cheers!
Hi there Julie!... If you're looking for ppl in BE, contact: 'Mirta' (been trying for ages to get BE started) & 'Doeper' (ex-LoLer and all round decent chap!) ...for Basel, try 'GDunrave' (a real hoot!) & 'Roberta' (who I think is around there somewhere!)... Good luck!!! :-) J.

PS, you could always do a drinks eve, and just see who turns up, cheers!
JulianT, Oct 28, 2008 @ 20:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2
Hi Julie !

how are you doing ? hey I`m totally with you on this one....everything seems to be happening in Geneva :-) Well I`m glad you`re in Bern .... I`ve been around in Bern for sometime but it is quite hard to really make friends. So what do you like doing in your free time ? would love to hear from you...

Vaneesh

Hi Julie !

how are you doing ? hey I`m totally with you on this one....everything seems to be happening in Geneva :-) Well I`m glad you`re in Bern .... I`ve been around in Bern for sometime but it is quite hard to really make friends. So what do you like doing in your free time ? would love to hear from you...

Vaneesh
indiansummer, Dec 20, 2008 @ 10:15

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3
Hi Julie, IndianSummer, and all the other Bern glocals :-)

Its true that more Member Activities are organized in Geneva than in the other cities, but Geneva started small too...

If you want to meet some new people in Bern, just take the initiative and post a Member Activity in Bern. 
I know its scary, so start with something small like meeting for drinks at a local bar, or even meeting for coffee.

The first time, maybe only 1 or 2 people will reply, but each time you post something, more and more people will start joining, and some of them might even post an activity of their own...

There are a ton of people sitting in front of their computers in Bern right now wondering why there is nothing to do, and why its so hard to meet new people.

It used to be the same way in Geneva, but now people know that 'if you post it, they will come' :-)

If my little speech has inspired anyone in Bern, or anywhere else, to post their first activity, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help with any questions or assistance.

And, of course, Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Oded

Hi Julie, IndianSummer, and all the other Bern glocals :-)

Its true that more Member Activities are organized in Geneva than in the other cities, but Geneva started small too...

If you want to meet some new people in Bern, just take the initiative and post a Member Activity in Bern. 
I know its scary, so start with something small like meeting for drinks at a local bar, or even meeting for coffee.

The first time, maybe only 1 or 2 people will reply, but each time you post something, more and more people will start joining, and some of them might even post an activity of their own...

There are a ton of people sitting in front of their computers in Bern right now wondering why there is nothing to do, and why its so hard to meet new people.

It used to be the same way in Geneva, but now people know that 'if you post it, they will come' :-)

If my little speech has inspired anyone in Bern, or anywhere else, to post their first activity, feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help with any questions or assistance.

And, of course, Happy Holidays to everyone!!!

Oded
SiteAdmin Oded, Dec 20, 2008 @ 12:00

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi julie

it is the same for me i am on my computer trying to find friends i am learning german my husbend is swiss and away alot so i am on my own trying to find out if any one once to meet in chur as i live in lentzerhieder dont now if you live close to chur may be i could do ameet there what do you think

regards debbie Kera

Hi julie

it is the same for me i am on my computer trying to find friends i am learning german my husbend is swiss and away alot so i am on my own trying to find out if any one once to meet in chur as i live in lentzerhieder dont now if you live close to chur may be i could do ameet there what do you think

regards debbie Kera
kera, Dec 29, 2008 @ 18:13

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5
 If any one in Bern wants to go out for a drink please let me know, I am in Fribourg not far away and don't know any one here as I havent been here very long,
please get in touch......why dont we just all get together at the same time, i think it would be very interesting.
regards to all
 If any one in Bern wants to go out for a drink please let me know, I am in Fribourg not far away and don't know any one here as I havent been here very long,
please get in touch......why dont we just all get together at the same time, i think it would be very interesting.
regards to all
Lawrence Shivadikar, Oct 1, 2009 @ 20:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6
HI Glocals!

Julie
Oct 28, 08 19:47
 Hi Julie, I think i will try and organise a night out and get a few people together as we seem to be all in the same boat.
let me know if you are interested.
 Hi Julie, I think i will try and organise a night out and get a few people together as we seem to be all in the same boat.
let me know if you are interested.
Lawrence Shivadikar, Oct 1, 2009 @ 20:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7
 Hi Julie,And another one in Biel....also looking for friends for any
activities.Any idea for this WE ? Outdoor activities, a drink on a sunny terrace ?
And why not a meeting somewhere with others ?Let us know ;)
 Cheers
 Hi Julie,And another one in Biel....also looking for friends for any
activities.Any idea for this WE ? Outdoor activities, a drink on a sunny terrace ?
And why not a meeting somewhere with others ?Let us know ;)
 Cheers
Disalyleo, Oct 1, 2009 @ 20:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8
 Hi disalyleo,
I am am trying to organise a get together this weekend for a drink in bern.
I will try and post something on the forum.
Please come along of you are interested.
Lawrence
 Hi disalyleo,
I am am trying to organise a get together this weekend for a drink in bern.
I will try and post something on the forum.
Please come along of you are interested.
Lawrence
Lawrence Shivadikar, Oct 2, 2009 @ 16:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
8 Replies | 917 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form