Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Are men always so short in Switzerland?

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Are men always so short in Switzerland?

I am Dutch and living in Switzerland since a while, but I can tell you that in this period I didnt came across a man who is taller than me (1.85)...

Am I in the wrong country?

The text you are quoting:

I am Dutch and living in Switzerland since a while, but I can tell you that in this period I didnt came across a man who is taller than me (1.85)...

Maaike DuistersMar 25, 2011 @ 12:06
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

185 Replies | 13916 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Are men always so short in Switzerland?
Post 1

Mar 25, 11 12:06

Yep... we're all midgets here with over sized penises....

Charlie, Mar 25, 2011 @ 12:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Happy for you! Thought size doesn't matter...Tongue out

Happy for you! Thought size doesn't matter...Tongue out

rena, Mar 25, 2011 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Sorry, correction: Happy for you! Though size doesn't matter

rena, Mar 25, 2011 @ 12:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Yes you are in the wrong country.  

Sorry Maaike.

Yes you are in the wrong country.  

Sorry Maaike.

richardm, Mar 25, 2011 @ 13:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

I am going to a country of midgets...!? will I be a giant too?!

Michele G, Mar 25, 2011 @ 13:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Try going horizontal and you'll find most men are about the same height as you, give or take a few obstructions . . . .  and no, one does not fit all !

Try going horizontal and you'll find most men are about the same height as you, give or take a few obstructions . . . .  and no, one does not fit all !

Poster, Mar 25, 2011 @ 13:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Mar 25, 11 13:29

The Swiss might have some other issues compared to the Dutch as well.

richardm, Mar 25, 2011 @ 13:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

According to statistics, short men are best lovers Tongue out

but it's true, swiss men are not very tall. with heels i've got the same height as you and looking top-down, muahahaha Cool

but it's true, swiss men are not very tall. with heels i've got the same height as you and looking top-down, muahahaha Cool

Onis, Mar 25, 2011 @ 13:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Mar 25, 11 13:33

You beat me to it!

Ugh!

There are tall ones, you just have to look for them.. ;)

You beat me to it!

Ugh!

Lexillent, Mar 25, 2011 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Mar 25, 11 13:48

...should I conclude the swiss people are extremely tall?!

...should I conclude the swiss people are extremely tall?!

Michele G, Mar 25, 2011 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Maybe you have been wearing stilts. My personal experience (being 1.93) shows then Swiss Men tend to be European average regarding height. Yes, Germans may be slightly taller and same for the nordics. But then again southern Europe tends to be significantly shorter than my swiss friends (wheter they are born here, or expats).

But maybe that's just the case in Geneva.

Happy Weekend everyone!!!

Maybe you have been wearing stilts. My personal experience (being 1.93) shows then Swiss Men tend to be European average regarding height. Yes, Germans may be slightly taller and same for the nordics. But then again southern Europe tends to be significantly shorter than my swiss friends (wheter they are born here, or expats).

John F, Mar 25, 2011 @ 14:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

Mar 25, 11 12:11

Kiss me, I am Irish....

Kiss me, I am Irish....

rena, Mar 25, 2011 @ 14:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

you didnt see me yet, but i mnot suisee heheh

you didnt see me yet, but i mnot suisee heheh

charme k, Mar 25, 2011 @ 14:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 14

Aren't there any semi-pro basketball players in your area? Oh, wait, most of those guys will be American...Tongue out

If I remember correctly, there was a Canadian woman here in Geneva posing the same question. I think the way she put it was, "where are the men with throwdown?"  

Aren't there any semi-pro basketball players in your area? Oh, wait, most of those guys will be American...Tongue out

If I remember correctly, there was a Canadian woman here in Geneva posing the same question. I think the way she put it was, "where are the men with throwdown?"  

Translator, Mar 25, 2011 @ 14:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 15

Mar 25, 11 14:29

mmmhhh...southern europeans tend to be shorter...

Is Italy above the Artic circle?! ...when i lie down I am 2m long.

mmmhhh...southern europeans tend to be shorter...

Is Italy above the Artic circle?! ...when i lie down I am 2m long.

Michele G, Mar 25, 2011 @ 14:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 16

free mind

free mind

Maged_Geneva, Mar 25, 2011 @ 15:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 17

seems to be preety tall. well still i consider myself at the bottom of the midgets. i am 5¨6. and most of the girls are above this value. 

seems to be preety tall. well still i consider myself at the bottom of the midgets. i am 5¨6. and most of the girls are above this value. 

waqas s, Mar 25, 2011 @ 15:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 18

yes, those that are, are always that short. Except for young ones, they tend to grow.

yes, those that are, are always that short. Except for young ones, they tend to grow.

Dennis1981, Mar 25, 2011 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 19

;-)))

;-)))

Lea O, Mar 25, 2011 @ 16:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 20

that ";-))" was addressed to someone feeling very tall. ;-)

no, seriously. if the size of people make you feel you're in the wrong country, I believe you really might not feel home here. or anywhere else in the world. cause you get all shapes and sizes all over the world, not only here in Switzerland. I know that it's annoying to be tall, but hey, there are worse things, right? :-)

no, seriously. if the size of people make you feel you're in the wrong country, I believe you really might not feel home here. or anywhere else in the world. cause you get all shapes and sizes all over the world, not only here in Switzerland. I know that it's annoying to be tall, but hey, there are worse things, right? :-)

Lea O, Mar 25, 2011 @ 16:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 21

Mar 25, 11 16:08

...actually it is not annying at all.

I feel the people sitting behind me in a movie theater are much more annoyed...:)

...actually it is not annying at all.

I feel the people sitting behind me in a movie theater are much more annoyed...:)

Michele G, Mar 25, 2011 @ 16:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 22

well, you're man. of course it's not annoying for you ;-) and I don't like to sit in the theatre like a banane so that the people behind me can see something.;-)

well, you're man. of course it's not annoying for you ;-) and I don't like to sit in the theatre like a banane so that the people behind me can see something.;-)

Lea O, Mar 25, 2011 @ 16:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 23

I know what you mean, being Dutch, 6.4ft and an advantage with a certain bodypart over the average Swiss size, got me stressed out being hunted by tall women around the lake. Now I'm happy I found some peace and quiet up in my mountain village.

I have no issues in theatres, I sit as I wish and others stay quiet, you never know, I might just stand up...  ;)

While obesity has tripled in many Western European countries since the 1980s, the Dutch keep growing upwards. The average height is now 6 feet 1 inch for Dutch men and 5 feet 7 inches for Dutch women. So why are the Dutch so tall? Theories abound. An often-heard argument is the Dutch love of dairy and their protein-rich diet, but there are also serious studies that look at height differences, and the Dutch pop up time and again in many of them.

Spreading the Wealth

The most convincing argument for why the Dutch have grown so tall so recently was put forward by J.W. Drukker, a professor of economic history at the University of Groningen. His studies revealed that the Dutch growth spurt of the mid-19th century coincided with the establishment of the first liberal democracy. Before this time, Holland had grown rich off its colonies but the wealth had stayed in the hands of the elite. After this time, the wealth began to trickle down to all levels of society, the average income went up and so did the height.

Since then, the gap between the rich and poor in Holland has remained relatively narrow, and the country now has some of the best pre- and postnatal care in the world. This is in direct contrast to America, for example, where the population, once more than 3 inches taller than the average Dutchman, has not increased in height for 25 years.

Protecting Tall Dutch Interests

There are now a enough Dutch people who are taller than the average height to warrant the founding of Klub Lange Mensen (Tall Person’s Club) to protect their interests. In order to become a member, men have to be taller than 6 feet 3 inches and women 5 feet 11 inches.

I know what you mean, being Dutch, 6.4ft and an advantage with a certain bodypart over the average Swiss size, got me stressed out being hunted by tall women around the lake. Now I'm happy I found some peace and quiet up in my mountain village.

I have no issues in theatres, I sit as I wish and others stay quiet, you never know, I might just stand up...  ;)

While obesity has tripled in many Western European countries since the 1980s, the Dutch keep growing upwards. The average height is now 6 feet 1 inch for Dutch men and 5 feet 7 inches for Dutch women. So why are the Dutch so tall? Theories abound. An often-heard argument is the Dutch love of dairy and their protein-rich diet, but there are also serious studies that look at height differences, and the Dutch pop up time and again in many of them.

Spreading the Wealth

The most convincing argument for why the Dutch have grown so tall so recently was put forward by J.W. Drukker, a professor of economic history at the University of Groningen. His studies revealed that the Dutch growth spurt of the mid-19th century coincided with the establishment of the first liberal democracy. Before this time, Holland had grown rich off its colonies but the wealth had stayed in the hands of the elite. After this time, the wealth began to trickle down to all levels of society, the average income went up and so did the height.

Since then, the gap between the rich and poor in Holland has remained relatively narrow, and the country now has some of the best pre- and postnatal care in the world. This is in direct contrast to America, for example, where the population, once more than 3 inches taller than the average Dutchman, has not increased in height for 25 years.

There are now a enough Dutch people who are taller than the average height to warrant the founding of Klub Lange Mensen (Tall Person’s Club) to protect their interests. In order to become a member, men have to be taller than 6 feet 3 inches and women 5 feet 11 inches.

ThomasNL, Mar 25, 2011 @ 16:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 24

1.85 is safely abover the avarage in most countries. It's no secret that Dutch are one of the tallest.

1.85 is safely abover the avarage in most countries. It's no secret that Dutch are one of the tallest.

Andrew I, Mar 25, 2011 @ 17:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 25

Spreading the Wealth

Mar 25, 11 16:46

Er, um... what are their interests?

Translator, Mar 25, 2011 @ 17:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 26

Maybe we could ask Glocals to include a box for "HEIGHT" so that we all know how tall each other is  . . . .  where the for the rest of us we enter our height in CM or Ft+Inches and for those from Holland  . . . well they just enter "Dutch"

@Nir -> any comments ?

Maybe we could ask Glocals to include a box for "HEIGHT" so that we all know how tall each other is  . . . .  where the for the rest of us we enter our height in CM or Ft+Inches and for those from Holland  . . . well they just enter "Dutch"

@Nir -> any comments ?

Poster, Mar 25, 2011 @ 17:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 27

apparently theres a tall club in Zurich, but they wont let me in im a dwarf..

i m happy being who i am... and yes as a man i think size doesnt matter :-)

apparently theres a tall club in Zurich, but they wont let me in im a dwarf..

i m happy being who i am... and yes as a man i think size doesnt matter :-)

Karl N, Mar 25, 2011 @ 17:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 28

Mar 25, 11 17:20

To make companies consider tall people in all aspects. Leg space, clothes sizes etc.

To make companies consider tall people in all aspects. Leg space, clothes sizes etc.

ThomasNL, Mar 25, 2011 @ 17:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 29

Mar 25, 11 17:26

Dude, I was setting you up to make a joke of some kind....Tongue out

Translator, Mar 25, 2011 @ 17:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 30

Mar 25, 11 17:47

Towards ladies I tend to answer politely ; )

ThomasNL, Mar 25, 2011 @ 17:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 31

Mar 25, 11 13:48

so true....

so true....

Tryky, Mar 25, 2011 @ 18:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 32

Ahaha! Maaike, it's sort of funny! I am 1m80 (only) and everybody tells me to go to Netherlands. :)

Ahaha! Maaike, it's sort of funny! I am 1m80 (only) and everybody tells me to go to Netherlands. :)

Steph_007, Mar 25, 2011 @ 19:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 33

I'm 180cm and I always feel short in NL.  I'm eye-to-eye with the women and I look up at the men.  Knowing that I'm "below average" treads on my delicate ego.

I'm 180cm and I always feel short in NL.  I'm eye-to-eye with the women and I look up at the men.  Knowing that I'm "below average" treads on my delicate ego.

richardm, Mar 25, 2011 @ 20:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 34

Mar 25, 11 14:29

To be honest since I am in Geneva it's the first time I don't feel small but normalCool

To be honest since I am in Geneva it's the first time I don't feel small but normalCool

rena, Mar 25, 2011 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 35

La grandeur d'un homme dépends-t-elle de sa taille ?

Un Suisse qui passait par là.... Wink

Correction: Un petit suisse qui passait par là Laughing

Have a nice w-e !

La grandeur d'un homme dépends-t-elle de sa taille ?

Un Suisse qui passait par là.... Wink

Correction: Un petit suisse qui passait par là Laughing

Have a nice w-e !

Christophe B, Mar 25, 2011 @ 21:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 36

lol..hilarious

lol..hilarious

april, Mar 25, 2011 @ 21:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 37

Tanks  Wink... read at the second degree, have a sense of humor, is always important !

Bye !

Tanks  Wink... read at the second degree, have a sense of humor, is always important !

Bye !

Christophe B, Mar 25, 2011 @ 22:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 38

I think I need to move to Netherlands

I think I need to move to Netherlands

Ernesta K, Mar 26, 2011 @ 01:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 39

The Swiss don't need to try and keep their heads above the water. 

The Swiss don't need to try and keep their heads above the water. 

Mary_vdb, Mar 26, 2011 @ 01:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 40

@Maaike: YES! You are wrong in this country and you are wrong in most countries of the world. Don't even dare visiting mediterranean countries or try even thinking of making a trip to Asia!

@Maaike: YES! You are wrong in this country and you are wrong in most countries of the world. Don't even dare visiting mediterranean countries or try even thinking of making a trip to Asia!

Michael B, Mar 26, 2011 @ 09:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 41

you sure about that ?

you sure about that ?

Fiona B, Mar 26, 2011 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 42

Mar 25, 11 17:54

you sure about that??

you sure about that??

Fiona B, Mar 26, 2011 @ 11:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 43

Mar 25, 11 12:11

That's what you think Laughing Keep on dreaming!!!

That's what you think Laughing Keep on dreaming!!!

P.R_25, Mar 26, 2011 @ 13:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 44

Actually they are not so small, but you are above the norm for a lady. I think you should hang out at Basketball areas .....

In any case you could try Russians and Scandinavians... Happy Hunting!

Actually they are not so small, but you are above the norm for a lady. I think you should hang out at Basketball areas .....

In any case you could try Russians and Scandinavians... Happy Hunting!

maite p, Mar 26, 2011 @ 13:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 45

the only advice i can give you is visit this party: www.ue178.ch

it's definitely the right place for you!! :-)

the only advice i can give you is visit this party: www.ue178.ch

it's definitely the right place for you!! :-)

simonna, Mar 26, 2011 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 46

most are quite short....but the tall ones seem to appear in the financial district....;)

most are quite short....but the tall ones seem to appear in the financial district....;)

Heather H, Mar 26, 2011 @ 17:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 47

what some of us lack in height we make up for in character....

the rest is just aesthetics..........

what some of us lack in height we make up for in character....

the rest is just aesthetics..........

Charlie, Mar 28, 2011 @ 08:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 48

I always dreamed of having a catwalk height. But obviously it's not paradise either....

I always dreamed of having a catwalk height. But obviously it's not paradise either....

rena, Mar 28, 2011 @ 09:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 49

I am here already one and half year and  I have met only about 10-20 men who are taller than me,so it's boring when u are going to the club, it's not fun to dance with a small guys. In Latvia I  could meet  2m tall guys on the street every day! : D

I am here already one and half year and  I have met only about 10-20 men who are taller than me,so it's boring when u are going to the club, it's not fun to dance with a small guys. In Latvia I  could meet  2m tall guys on the street every day! : D

Dace B, Mar 28, 2011 @ 10:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 50

Thank God Geneva is international and despite the tall nordic ladies (who might be beautyful but a bit a little bit fed up) there are plenty of women who DO NOT want a tall guys because they LIKE men whith a normal height.

Good news guys: size is relative and there are plenty of gals out there who are attracted to you exactly as you are. 

Let's become real....

Thank God Geneva is international and despite the tall nordic ladies (who might be beautyful but a bit a little bit fed up) there are plenty of women who DO NOT want a tall guys because they LIKE men whith a normal height.

Good news guys: size is relative and there are plenty of gals out there who are attracted to you exactly as you are. 

Let's become real....

rena, Mar 28, 2011 @ 10:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 51

There is nothing wrong in hoping to find a man your size. Like some men want ladies with big breast or small derriere or viceversa...Personally speaking I would find it uncomfortable to be with a man shorter than me, having said that we very seldom end up with our ideal mate *smile*

There is nothing wrong in hoping to find a man your size. Like some men want ladies with big breast or small derriere or viceversa...Personally speaking I would find it uncomfortable to be with a man shorter than me, having said that we very seldom end up with our ideal mate *smile*

maite p, Mar 28, 2011 @ 11:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 52

mmm, pro's and cons to both sides of this argument methinks...

mmm, pro's and cons to both sides of this argument methinks...

Charlie, Mar 28, 2011 @ 11:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 53

Mar 26, 11 17:01

Yes, following the orders of the shorter Swiss men ;)

Yes, following the orders of the shorter Swiss men ;)

Translator, Mar 28, 2011 @ 11:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 54

Good one!!

Good one!!

maite p, Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:14
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 55

I am a bit unsure if  my message Good one went to right person..I meant it for Translator....

Tonton....I may be blonde but I do not understand the sentence..I would have thought they were happy if they didn't feel the rain, or is it sarcastic..or maybe this comes from times in which rain was good for crops?

I am a bit unsure if  my message Good one went to right person..I meant it for Translator....

Tonton....I may be blonde but I do not understand the sentence..I would have thought they were happy if they didn't feel the rain, or is it sarcastic..or maybe this comes from times in which rain was good for crops?

maite p, Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 56

Mar 28, 11 10:21

plus blue eyes, svp Cool

plus blue eyes, svp Cool

Onis, Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 57

What would Freud have to say to you ;-)

smile2sandro, Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 58

And some of the tall Swiss Catholic men get to wear these snazzy outfits...

And some of the tall Swiss Catholic men get to wear these snazzy outfits...

Translator, Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 59

Thanks, very interesting but I still prefer other nationalities with other outfits...hahah

Thanks, very interesting but I still prefer other nationalities with other outfits...hahah

maite p, Mar 28, 2011 @ 12:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 60

Ohh I get that, but why would he be unhappy? Anyway..it is just French homour, I understand...thanks

Ohh I get that, but why would he be unhappy? Anyway..it is just French homour, I understand...thanks

maite p, Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 61

yes, what?

yes, what?

rena, Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 62

Mar 28, 11 12:28

Yes, what would Freud say?

Yes, what would Freud say?

rena, Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 63

Mar 28, 11 12:50

Here's one for you...Tongue out

Translator, Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:35
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 64

Mar 28, 11 13:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zyEjZdGFxk

My men in uniforms... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zyEjZdGFxk

My men in uniforms... 

maite p, Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 65

I prefer these kinda outfits

I prefer these kinda outfits

ThomasNL, Mar 28, 2011 @ 14:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 66

yes, what?

Mar 28, 11 13:25

Most psychiatrists will, as a practical matter, treat most of their severely narcissistic patients for symptoms related to crises and relatively external Axis I diagnoses, rather than in an effort to address the personality disorder itself. The therapist must be aware of the importance of narcissism to the contiguity of the patient's psyche, refrain from confronting the need for self-aggrandizement, and help the patient use his or her narcissistic characteristics to reconstitute an intact self-image. Positive transference and therapeutic alliance should not be relied upon, since the patient may not be able to acknowledge the real humanness of the therapist but may have to see him/her as either superhuman or devalued.

Those patients who do not terminate treatment after symptom relief has been obtained may wish help for some of the problems related to their personality disorder, such as interpersonal difficulties or depression. The therapist must have a good understanding of the principles of the narcissistic personality style, both for interpretation to the patient and for use in combating countertransference. Goals for ordinary psychotherapy should not be too great, since the source of these patients' difficulties lies deep in pathological development.

Most psychiatrists will, as a practical matter, treat most of their severely narcissistic patients for symptoms related to crises and relatively external Axis I diagnoses, rather than in an effort to address the personality disorder itself. The therapist must be aware of the importance of narcissism to the contiguity of the patient's psyche, refrain from confronting the need for self-aggrandizement, and help the patient use his or her narcissistic characteristics to reconstitute an intact self-image. Positive transference and therapeutic alliance should not be relied upon, since the patient may not be able to acknowledge the real humanness of the therapist but may have to see him/her as either superhuman or devalued.

Those patients who do not terminate treatment after symptom relief has been obtained may wish help for some of the problems related to their personality disorder, such as interpersonal difficulties or depression. The therapist must have a good understanding of the principles of the narcissistic personality style, both for interpretation to the patient and for use in combating countertransference. Goals for ordinary psychotherapy should not be too great, since the source of these patients' difficulties lies deep in pathological development.

smile2sandro, Mar 28, 2011 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 67

Here are some short men in uniform...and trust me , theyre clearly very "special".... ha ha ha ha

Here are some short men in uniform...and trust me , theyre clearly very "special".... ha ha ha ha

Charlie, Mar 28, 2011 @ 14:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 68

Mar 28, 11 13:55

So it is just a matter of a narcissistic personality style?

rena, Mar 28, 2011 @ 14:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 69

Mar 28, 11 14:28

No ofcourse not, I don't even know the person involved.

But it is interesting that there is so much written about short and tall people, and the consequences it has on their own self esteem, both possitive as negative.

And I would not catagorize narcissisme a style ;-)

except when you are Christian Bale.

No ofcourse not, I don't even know the person involved.

But it is interesting that there is so much written about short and tall people, and the consequences it has on their own self esteem, both possitive as negative.

And I would not catagorize narcissisme a style ;-)

except when you are Christian Bale.

smile2sandro, Mar 28, 2011 @ 14:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 70

ThomasNL, Mar 28, 2011 @ 14:53
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 71

ThomasNL, Mar 28, 2011 @ 14:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 72

David: don't flatter yourself, no one banned you from posting pics. You probably just had an error or something. Try again. 

David: don't flatter yourself, no one banned you from posting pics. You probably just had an error or something. Try again. 

Nir Ofek, Mar 28, 2011 @ 16:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 73

Mar 25, 11 12:51

He he hee, I am sure size does matter. Sorry, girl, depend on whch one... Tongue out

He he hee, I am sure size does matter. Sorry, girl, depend on whch one... Tongue out

Bola A, Mar 28, 2011 @ 20:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 74

Spreading the Wealth

Hey Thomas,

Ilogical theory I will say. You might want to tell me why my son who is yet to be 16 years old is already 192 cm tall while I the father, I am only 173 cm and his mother is only 170 cm tall. And a hint for your analysis, I was not born poor... Sealed

Cheers! Bola

Hey Thomas,

Ilogical theory I will say. You might want to tell me why my son who is yet to be 16 years old is already 192 cm tall while I the father, I am only 173 cm and his mother is only 170 cm tall. And a hint for your analysis, I was not born poor... Sealed

Cheers! Bola

Bola A, Mar 28, 2011 @ 20:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 75

Jan 1, 70 01:00

There goes the right thinker... Good one man!

Bola

There goes the right thinker... Good one man!

Bola

Bola A, Mar 28, 2011 @ 21:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 76

Hey Thomas,

Cheers! Bola

Mar 28, 11 20:52

I guess your wife is a great cook who knows how to make a healthy meal.

In the US they are also not starving, but it also depends on WHAT you eat. I bet you've been to the pizza hut too often when you were young ;)

In the US they are also not starving, but it also depends on WHAT you eat. I bet you've been to the pizza hut too often when you were young ;)

ThomasNL, Mar 28, 2011 @ 21:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 77

Mar 28, 11 12:22

And how did you get your blonde, Spanish colour...Sealed

And how did you get your blonde, Spanish colour...Sealed

Bola A, Mar 28, 2011 @ 21:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 78

Mar 28, 11 21:18

Unfortunately there was no pizza in the city where I was born and bread. Well, one thing is true though, from my own siblings, the height went in steps. The youngest is 188cm tall, while my eldest brother is just 165. Ha ha haa Sealed. So, your theory is still not correct. We were fed the same kinds of food.

Where are the medical doctors ???

Unfortunately there was no pizza in the city where I was born and bread. Well, one thing is true though, from my own siblings, the height went in steps. The youngest is 188cm tall, while my eldest brother is just 165. Ha ha haa Sealed. So, your theory is still not correct. We were fed the same kinds of food.

Bola A, Mar 28, 2011 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 79

Mar 28, 11 21:54

And hey, I have no wife...Sealed

And hey, I have no wife...Sealed

Bola A, Mar 28, 2011 @ 22:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 80

Spreading the Wealth

LOOOOOOL ! Well at least your humongous and, might I add, thoroughly explained height was not enough to stop your sense of humor...hey I get it, if I was chased around the Lake at regular intervals, I'd have to make jokes as well in order as not to cry....it's a big lake. Wink

LOOOOOOL ! Well at least your humongous and, might I add, thoroughly explained height was not enough to stop your sense of humor...hey I get it, if I was chased around the Lake at regular intervals, I'd have to make jokes as well in order as not to cry....it's a big lake. Wink

Tina H, Mar 29, 2011 @ 09:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 81

Guys, have a couple of shots and get over all your size issues…..Wink

Guys, have a couple of shots and get over all your size issues…..Wink

Michaela G, Mar 29, 2011 @ 10:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 82

Height upwards is not proportional.... according to this research.

Charlie, Mar 29, 2011 @ 10:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 83

Mar 29, 11 10:13

Maybe so Charlie but if you have a close look you will see The Netherlands is in the bright green area as where Ireland is showing up in pink...

Maybe so Charlie but if you have a close look you will see The Netherlands is in the bright green area as where Ireland is showing up in pink...

ThomasNL, Mar 29, 2011 @ 10:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 84

Thomas...

Between 2006 and 2008:

Netherlands "average" male height is 184cm

Ireland "average" male height is 177cm

making us both above avarage....Wink

Thomas...

Between 2006 and 2008:

Charlie, Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 85

Thomas...

Between 2006 and 2008:

Mar 29, 11 11:07

The map has nothing to do with height ;)

But Charlie your height doesnt matter to me, you know I care more about your other qualities!

But Charlie your height doesnt matter to me, you know I care more about your other qualities!

ThomasNL, Mar 29, 2011 @ 11:25
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 86

Mar 29, 11 11:25

No comment :|

No comment :|

catalin, Mar 29, 2011 @ 12:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 87

Just an observation Area in the red =China and India where Men are most productive;-) their birth rate is positive while Dutch and German birth rate is -ve.

Birth rate = rate of growth of population 

I know its dependent on so many factor but still an interesting way to look at it.

Just an observation Area in the red =China and India where Men are most productive;-) their birth rate is positive while Dutch and German birth rate is -ve.

Birth rate = rate of growth of population 

I know its dependent on so many factor but still an interesting way to look at it.

TradeTicker, Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:05
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 88

Thought you would like this....

maite p, Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:15
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 89

I am Dutch and 'only' 5 feet 7. Am I in the right country? Well, I am sure the initial comment was just a joke. I spent 3 years in great relationship with a girl measuring about 6 feet in height. You get used to it and do not even notice it when you sit or lay down. The only thing that bothered my (very seldom) were remarks from others.

I am Dutch and 'only' 5 feet 7. Am I in the right country? Well, I am sure the initial comment was just a joke. I spent 3 years in great relationship with a girl measuring about 6 feet in height. You get used to it and do not even notice it when you sit or lay down. The only thing that bothered my (very seldom) were remarks from others.

Michael v, Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 90

Good goods come in small packages...but there again, so does poison Frown

Good goods come in small packages...but there again, so does poison Frown

Cladagh, Mar 29, 2011 @ 17:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 91

You beat me to it!

Ugh!

Mar 25, 11 14:16

At least they are easier to spot in the crowd! Laughing

Stef__Granny, Mar 29, 2011 @ 18:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 92

Wow, this thread gets extra points for drawing Stef_Granny ("SG") into the discussion. For those youngsters who don't know, SG is one of the founding fathers of glocals.com, and one of the first members who helped start it all.

Over the years he gave wise grand-fatherly advice to many glocals members (hence the name "granny"). The last wise advice he gave me was "don't worry, you don't need a condom". 3 years and 2 kids later, I still remember that!!!

Welcome back bro...(-: 

Wow, this thread gets extra points for drawing Stef_Granny ("SG") into the discussion. For those youngsters who don't know, SG is one of the founding fathers of glocals.com, and one of the first members who helped start it all.

Over the years he gave wise grand-fatherly advice to many glocals members (hence the name "granny"). The last wise advice he gave me was "don't worry, you don't need a condom". 3 years and 2 kids later, I still remember that!!!

Welcome back bro...(-: 

Nir Ofek, Mar 29, 2011 @ 18:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 93

Now, where's Casuistik?  He usually posts some hilarious items....

Now, where's Casuistik?  He usually posts some hilarious items....

Translator, Mar 29, 2011 @ 20:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 94

wowww~~i had no idea height were such a big issue!!lol!!

well im pretty short as im only 160cm but i don't really dislike it...and hence i definitely feel swiss guys are tall!!lol maybe because im short but i know a few that are 190cm and above...so i don't think swiss guys are short...><

wowww~~i had no idea height were such a big issue!!lol!!

well im pretty short as im only 160cm but i don't really dislike it...and hence i definitely feel swiss guys are tall!!lol maybe because im short but i know a few that are 190cm and above...so i don't think swiss guys are short...><

hayley y, Mar 29, 2011 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 95

I'm swiss and 6 foot 5 (1.96m) guess there is an exeption in geneva as i am here.

I'm swiss and 6 foot 5 (1.96m) guess there is an exeption in geneva as i am here.

David P, Mar 29, 2011 @ 20:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 96

In my world  every one is shorter than me.

In my world  every one is shorter than me.

David P, Mar 29, 2011 @ 20:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 97

Mar 29, 11 18:44

Oh yes!.... I dont lose him easily ;)

Oh yes!.... I dont lose him easily ;)

Lexillent, Mar 30, 2011 @ 09:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 98

Mar 28, 11 20:49

The size of your d...og? wallet? Car? Stamp collection? 

rena, Mar 30, 2011 @ 09:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 99

This is looking more heated as we go on....will it become a dating thread?

maite p, Mar 30, 2011 @ 19:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 100

Mar 30, 11 19:33

This is better than parship

This is better than parship

rena, Mar 30, 2011 @ 19:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 101

you know what they say about men with big feet?

big socks

which basically means nothing ...

I know all about Dutch being tall,however i dont think the swiss are short

a friend of mine has a swiss husband who is 2 meter tall

I have not done statistics but i have heard that height varies according

to kanton and so dont go to Appanzeller where the men are supposed

to be small if you dont like that

I think that there are more important things than height but if you like

to dance tango i can understand that...

I think if you go to Italy you will discover that what short men lack in height

they make for in other ways.. ( great coffee, what elseWink )

you know what they say about men with big feet?

big socks

which basically means nothing ...

I know all about Dutch being tall,however i dont think the swiss are short

a friend of mine has a swiss husband who is 2 meter tall

I have not done statistics but i have heard that height varies according

to kanton and so dont go to Appanzeller where the men are supposed

to be small if you dont like that

I think that there are more important things than height but if you like

to dance tango i can understand that...

I think if you go to Italy you will discover that what short men lack in height

they make for in other ways.. ( great coffee, what elseWink )

star, Mar 30, 2011 @ 21:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 102

Mar 30, 11 09:36

All of the above sweetheart except stamp/coin collection... Sealed

Cheers!

All of the above sweetheart except stamp/coin collection... Sealed

Cheers!

Bola A, Mar 31, 2011 @ 21:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 103

OMG this is so great !!! All these answers from you.. Found also some information on http://community.justlanded.com/en/Switzerland/forum but beside my height I think I will stay in Switzerland!

:)

OMG this is so great !!! All these answers from you.. Found also some information on http://community.justlanded.com/en/Switzerland/forum but beside my height I think I will stay in Switzerland!

Maaike Duisters, Apr 5, 2011 @ 17:36
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 104

Mar 29, 11 10:57

Very interesting. Thanks for the info guys...Innocent   I'm off' shopping' hahaha, kidding!  But it might come in useful for the other females Sealed

Very interesting. Thanks for the info guys...Innocent   I'm off' shopping' hahaha, kidding!  But it might come in useful for the other females Sealed

Tammyshanker, Apr 5, 2011 @ 18:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 105

Jan 1, 70 01:00

...erm...silly question but of DUTCH origin perhaps...? Dutch, height...same conv...Kiss

...erm...silly question but of DUTCH origin perhaps...? Dutch, height...same conv...Kiss

Tammyshanker, Apr 5, 2011 @ 19:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 106

Apr 5, 11 17:36

try http://www.internations.org/    for a few more possible TALL candidates....

try http://www.internations.org/    for a few more possible TALL candidates....

Tammyshanker, Apr 5, 2011 @ 19:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 107

Ahh the Afrikaaners are here, its all Dutch to me....a stukkend saltpiel huh...I shouldnt wonder...

Ahh the Afrikaaners are here, its all Dutch to me....a stukkend saltpiel huh...I shouldnt wonder...

Charlie, Apr 5, 2011 @ 19:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 108

To Maaike Dustbusters - I think you are somewhat insentive to short people, I mean how could a girl like you not like a guy like this . . . . .

To Maaike Dustbusters - I think you are somewhat insentive to short people, I mean how could a girl like you not like a guy like this . . . . .

Poster, Apr 5, 2011 @ 21:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 109

Mar 29, 11 17:15

"Yah! Pretty Neat" - as he says at the end! Thanks for posting - loved it :-)

"Yah! Pretty Neat" - as he says at the end! Thanks for posting - loved it :-)

Carolyn C, Apr 5, 2011 @ 21:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 110

i like the way u look

i like the way u look

wax malo, Apr 6, 2011 @ 10:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 111

i like the way u look

Apr 6, 11 10:31

grazie Caro

grazie Caro

rena, Apr 6, 2011 @ 11:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 112

i am 170 cm,but with high heels i often feel like a gigantic woman here. swiss man are short. :(

i am 170 cm,but with high heels i often feel like a gigantic woman here. swiss man are short. :(

Eva U, Apr 6, 2011 @ 15:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 113

Apr 6, 11 15:39

At least after this post you will receive a bunch of invitations from tall...er... and good intentioned men ;)

At least after this post you will receive a bunch of invitations from tall...er... and good intentioned men ;)

catalin, Apr 6, 2011 @ 15:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 114

Apr 6, 11 15:44

hahah... we will see,we will see. :D

hahah... we will see,we will see. :D

Eva U, Apr 6, 2011 @ 15:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 115

Dear Eva,

I am 194 cm, and my intentions for you are pure: I just want to meet and read poetry together. Will you accept?

Nir

Dear Eva,

I am 194 cm, and my intentions for you are pure: I just want to meet and read poetry together. Will you accept?

Nir

Nir Ofek, Apr 6, 2011 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 116

Apr 6, 11 15:44

Well intentioned rules you out Catalin..

Lexillent, Apr 6, 2011 @ 15:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 117

Apr 6, 11 15:59

Absolutely.

Absolutely.

catalin, Apr 6, 2011 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 118

this is exactly why i don't spend too much time on this page. :p

this is exactly why i don't spend too much time on this page. :p

Eva U, Apr 6, 2011 @ 16:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 119

Dear Eva,

Nir

Apr 6, 11 15:51

I concur with Nir that he is tall, But as to his poetry ability...and his purity... i refer you to an episode of " Blackadder".... and draw your own conclusions as to how Nir will juggle his normal life with that which he wants to portray to you... one puritanical, and the other his day to day shennanigans...

I concur with Nir that he is tall, But as to his poetry ability...and his purity... i refer you to an episode of " Blackadder".... and draw your own conclusions as to how Nir will juggle his normal life with that which he wants to portray to you... one puritanical, and the other his day to day shennanigans...

Charlie, Apr 6, 2011 @ 17:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 120

Just went to the doctor yesterday apparently i'm not 1,96m as i thought i was but in fact i'm 1.98m.

Getting taller as i get older isn't that great.

To Eva U. sorry to say this but 1,70m for a woman isn't that tall. 

Just went to the doctor yesterday apparently i'm not 1,96m as i thought i was but in fact i'm 1.98m.

Getting taller as i get older isn't that great.

To Eva U. sorry to say this but 1,70m for a woman isn't that tall. 

David P, Apr 7, 2011 @ 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 121

Indeed, 170cm is a perfect height for a lady - you can wear heels and look sensational!!!!!  I, however, am seriously going to struggle in Geneva - I'm a hiiiuuuge 190cm! I am usually taller than everyone in the room, wherever I am, and Geneva will be no exception I'm sure!  Oh well - it's me and I like it! x 

Indeed, 170cm is a perfect height for a lady - you can wear heels and look sensational!!!!!  I, however, am seriously going to struggle in Geneva - I'm a hiiiuuuge 190cm! I am usually taller than everyone in the room, wherever I am, and Geneva will be no exception I'm sure!  Oh well - it's me and I like it! x 

Liane H, Apr 8, 2011 @ 16:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 122

and I'm a girly girl, but doesn't make much difference! 

and I'm a girly girl, but doesn't make much difference! 

Liane H, Apr 8, 2011 @ 16:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 123

WFT are you guys all eating... 1.90m...christ, thats some serious growth hormones....????

WFT are you guys all eating... 1.90m...christ, thats some serious growth hormones....????

Charlie, Apr 8, 2011 @ 16:50
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 124

what is everyone doing replying at this time and with such wonderful weather???? Out you go....

what is everyone doing replying at this time and with such wonderful weather???? Out you go....

maite p, Apr 8, 2011 @ 17:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 125

www.klm-schweiz.ch  

Try  this  club   and  create  a section  in geneva

or move  to zurich ...

Have a nice weekend 

www.klm-schweiz.ch  

Try  this  club   and  create  a section  in geneva

or move  to zurich ...

Have a nice weekend 

Xavier M, Apr 8, 2011 @ 22:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 126

guess what, I am short.. so short that I have to ask ppl not to step on me! Have you ever had that problem? Guess not, so be happy and if u feel ur in wrong place take ur bags and hit the road! Btw I am 157cm

guess what, I am short.. so short that I have to ask ppl not to step on me! Have you ever had that problem? Guess not, so be happy and if u feel ur in wrong place take ur bags and hit the road! Btw I am 157cm

Merike, Apr 8, 2011 @ 23:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 127

I'm 182 cm, I thought I was slightly tall, ouch!

I'm 182 cm, I thought I was slightly tall, ouch!

Christopher Felix, Apr 11, 2011 @ 09:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 128

http://vodpod.com/watch/722345-skee-lo-i-wish-i-was-a-little-bit-taller

http://vodpod.com/watch/722345-skee-lo-i-wish-i-was-a-little-bit-taller

Lexillent, Apr 11, 2011 @ 09:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 129

Better to stay small than take steroids =)

Better to stay small than take steroids =)

Lexillent, Apr 11, 2011 @ 10:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 130

Ohhh men this forum is getting better and better... Can you do me favour guys... I posted the same question here http://community.justlanded.com/en/Switzerland/forum/Guys-are-too-short-in-1 but nobody reacted.. Does this mean people agree with this fact? Show them its not, please! :)

Ohhh men this forum is getting better and better... Can you do me favour guys... I posted the same question here http://community.justlanded.com/en/Switzerland/forum/Guys-are-too-short-in-1 but nobody reacted.. Does this mean people agree with this fact? Show them its not, please! :)

Maaike Duisters, Apr 15, 2011 @ 14:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 131

Hayes... Gotta be.

Hayes... Gotta be.

richardm, Apr 15, 2011 @ 14:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 132

I was six feet tall before I came here.  Now I am apparently 1.82 so I suppose I am now short

I was six feet tall before I came here.  Now I am apparently 1.82 so I suppose I am now short

Paul E, Apr 15, 2011 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 133

Apr 15, 11 15:40

It's the cheese.

It's the cheese.

catalin, Apr 15, 2011 @ 16:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 134

Charlie, Apr 19, 2011 @ 10:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 135

LOL. One of my Dutch friends once thought that he was walking on the side-walk while he was in Geneva because he could see over everybody. So funny!

LOL. One of my Dutch friends once thought that he was walking on the side-walk while he was in Geneva because he could see over everybody. So funny!

Vedra H, Apr 28, 2011 @ 18:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 136

It's because they are full of water from putting fingers in dams, (just like the ham).

It's because they are full of water from putting fingers in dams, (just like the ham).

Mike M, Apr 28, 2011 @ 20:03
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 137

Not always short on cash however.

Not always short on cash however.

Marksist, Apr 28, 2011 @ 20:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 138

Would you rather have a short man who'll Go DutchWinkr a tall one who won't? 

Would you rather have a short man who'll Go DutchWinkr a tall one who won't? 

Arun K V, Apr 28, 2011 @ 20:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 139

It's the cheese.

Apr 15, 11 16:37

Cheesey reply! Or let me be brie(f).

Cheesey reply! Or let me be brie(f).

Marksist, Apr 28, 2011 @ 20:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 140

Marksist, Apr 28, 2011 @ 21:01
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 141

Welcome back bro...(-: 

Mar 29, 11 18:55

3 years and 2 kids later ? Seems to me you've followed Granny's advice for the first one... But what about the second one ? Another Granny's advice on how to use condoms ? :-O

3 years and 2 kids later ? Seems to me you've followed Granny's advice for the first one... But what about the second one ? Another Granny's advice on how to use condoms ? :-O

Fanfoue, May 2, 2011 @ 12:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 142

just an invers experiences. tall ppl much more in gva then paris, i m 186cm tho. a guy 2.1m crossed by yesterday,scared  ^^''

just an invers experiences. tall ppl much more in gva then paris, i m 186cm tho. a guy 2.1m crossed by yesterday,scared  ^^''

andrew a, May 5, 2011 @ 15:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 143

Maybe we crossed...?! Smile

Maybe we crossed...?! Smile

Michele G, May 5, 2011 @ 15:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 144

I'm a total sucker for tall, handsome, men.. dated a 1.98 totally-proportional-guy for a few years and after we split I must confess it became extremely difficult for me to even consider dating shorter men.. call me spoiled but yes, you can become like that after something so good and hard to top!

but enough with the self-pity...

This thread is about why men are shorter in Switzerland?

I would blame it on the mountains.. who agrees?

I'm a total sucker for tall, handsome, men.. dated a 1.98 totally-proportional-guy for a few years and after we split I must confess it became extremely difficult for me to even consider dating shorter men.. call me spoiled but yes, you can become like that after something so good and hard to top!

Nu Be, May 5, 2011 @ 16:23
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 145

May 5, 11 16:23

What a volcanic consideration

rena, May 5, 2011 @ 16:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 146

May 5, 11 16:59

Yeah!!! Isn't it? Innocent

Yeah!!! Isn't it? Innocent

Nu Be, May 5, 2011 @ 17:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 147

Interesting topic, because I have the same problem - I´m 180 and very often when I travel I´m one of the tallest. For example now I´m in Georgia and when I travel by minibuses and they are full of people, I have problem to stand inside :)

Interesting topic, because I have the same problem - I´m 180 and very often when I travel I´m one of the tallest. For example now I´m in Georgia and when I travel by minibuses and they are full of people, I have problem to stand inside :)

Terri84, May 5, 2011 @ 17:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 148

May 5, 11 16:59

lava'ly...

lava'ly...

Charlie, May 5, 2011 @ 17:43
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 149

be happy what you are ...tall short doesn't matter.

I don't care you like me or not...important thing that such thing never troubls you.

by the end none of you girls and guys has done any thing to get tall or short so none of you should show of about it.

have fun

be happy what you are ...tall short doesn't matter.

I don't care you like me or not...important thing that such thing never troubls you.

by the end none of you girls and guys has done any thing to get tall or short so none of you should show of about it.

have fun

AlexPOP, May 6, 2011 @ 08:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 150

Maybe the taller members of Glocals can arrange a "dwarf throwing contest"  using the more "vertically challenged" members....

just an idea...

(Im guessing there would be a few guys who dont mind a tall girl tossing them)

SealedWink

Maybe the taller members of Glocals can arrange a "dwarf throwing contest"  using the more "vertically challenged" members....

just an idea...

SealedWink

Charlie, May 6, 2011 @ 10:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 151

just an idea...

SealedWink

May 6, 11 10:00

We better check on the legality first!

Dwarf-Throwing and the UN:
The Shape of Things To Come
by ALEXANDER COCKBURN

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn1009.html

Though not vertically challenged I'd be prepared to get down on my knees to the women.

We better check on the legality first!

Dwarf-Throwing and the UN:
The Shape of Things To Come
by ALEXANDER COCKBURN

http://www.counterpunch.org/cockburn1009.html

Though not vertically challenged I'd be prepared to get down on my knees to the women.

Marksist, May 6, 2011 @ 10:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 152

to quote post 55. '...get down on my knees to the women'

to quote post 55. '...get down on my knees to the women'

rena, May 6, 2011 @ 11:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 153

Apr 28, 11 20:03

I always thought it was dykes that they put their fingers in to.

I always thought it was dykes that they put their fingers in to.

charlotte d, May 6, 2011 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 154

ThomasNL, May 6, 2011 @ 11:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 155

Hmmmm. Excuse me Maam. Do you play basket ball?

- No. I play minature golf.

(Wait a moment whilst enjoying puzzled expression, and realisation that they have asked a reallllly stupid question. . .  then dart off, or, if they are really overweight, ask them if them if they have a problem with overeating, then dart off.

Last week at Glocals doo in Vodkafe, a man thought I was a trannie, as I am 6ft three. and a half. And I have big hands. Though he duly noted I did not have an adams apple. When all that was cleared up, he asked me over to his house for dinner, but said he wouldn't suck my cock. I replied, 'likewise'. He called me a spoilsport, I called him a wanker.  And he wasn't even short! Think I might move to Dutchland.

(Wait a moment whilst enjoying puzzled expression, and realisation that they have asked a reallllly stupid question. . .  then dart off, or, if they are really overweight, ask them if them if they have a problem with overeating, then dart off.

Last week at Glocals doo in Vodkafe, a man thought I was a trannie, as I am 6ft three. and a half. And I have big hands. Though he duly noted I did not have an adams apple. When all that was cleared up, he asked me over to his house for dinner, but said he wouldn't suck my cock. I replied, 'likewise'. He called me a spoilsport, I called him a wanker.  And he wasn't even short! Think I might move to Dutchland.

charlotte d, May 6, 2011 @ 11:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 156

May 6, 11 11:52

Unfortunately when clicking on the youtube link I am informed that it is unavailable in my country.  Don't know whether that means la suisse or Canada where my computer comes from.  Will try to find another way to access the video.  Thanks.

Mark (only 1.82 m but expanding horizontally :-)

Unfortunately when clicking on the youtube link I am informed that it is unavailable in my country.  Don't know whether that means la suisse or Canada where my computer comes from.  Will try to find another way to access the video.  Thanks.

Marksist, May 6, 2011 @ 12:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 157

Still(etto) no success at youtube but glad to see there are solutions to the problems of tall women.

Still(etto) no success at youtube but glad to see there are solutions to the problems of tall women.

Marksist, May 6, 2011 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 158

And how 'bout short people?  Charlei? :-)

Marksist, May 6, 2011 @ 12:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 159

Advantages (vantage points) and disadvantages of too big to fail. :-)

Advantages (vantage points) and disadvantages of too big to fail. :-)

Marksist, May 6, 2011 @ 12:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 160

Glad people are having fun

I dont know what statistics say 

All i can think of is Napoleone , but i am sure there are other exemples for the fact that size does not matter ( at least in height) 

I think short men have a more difficult time than tall and i dont know why

because i think someone should give them a break

I think if you walk into a room and divide the men into short and tall

then you are missing a Napoleone or a sarkozy for that matter ...

i am sure we can all think of short men who are worthy of  our time

Glad people are having fun

I dont know what statistics say 

All i can think of is Napoleone , but i am sure there are other exemples for the fact that size does not matter ( at least in height) 

I think short men have a more difficult time than tall and i dont know why

because i think someone should give them a break

I think if you walk into a room and divide the men into short and tall

then you are missing a Napoleone or a sarkozy for that matter ...

i am sure we can all think of short men who are worthy of  our time

star, May 6, 2011 @ 12:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 161

I personnaly believe it is rather a good thing to miss out a Napoleon or a Sarkozy but I would have been mortified to miss out a Charlie Chaplin.

Now you got me thinking:  how do I divide the men when I walk into a room????mmmmmmm !!  :-)

I personnaly believe it is rather a good thing to miss out a Napoleon or a Sarkozy but I would have been mortified to miss out a Charlie Chaplin.

Now you got me thinking:  how do I divide the men when I walk into a room????mmmmmmm !!  :-)

Nefertiti, May 6, 2011 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 162

Ladies:

If any of you like tall men, with shaved heads & broad shoulders, then I'm right here.

If any of you like short stocky guys with huge calf muscles, then Charlie is right here.

So what ever is your preference, we got you covered!

Nir

Ladies:

If any of you like tall men, with shaved heads & broad shoulders, then I'm right here.

If any of you like short stocky guys with huge calf muscles, then Charlie is right here.

Nir

Nir Ofek, May 6, 2011 @ 13:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 163

Ladies:

Nir

May 6, 11 13:55

im not so short matey 178 (ish)... but i guess do have big calves and thighs, its a rugby thing... and when did I show you them last, im not remembering? (as usual)...

im not so short matey 178 (ish)... but i guess do have big calves and thighs, its a rugby thing... and when did I show you them last, im not remembering? (as usual)...

Charlie, May 6, 2011 @ 14:06
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 164

May 6, 11 12:38

Im a reformed dwarf thrower, after having been told on here that its not "pc" to lob 1meter high smurfs into hedges....

Im a reformed dwarf thrower, after having been told on here that its not "pc" to lob 1meter high smurfs into hedges....

Charlie, May 6, 2011 @ 14:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 165

May 6, 11 11:46

dix points for originality....

dix points for originality....

Charlie, May 6, 2011 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 166

May 6, 11 12:24

I work next to the airport, somehow some websites think it's based in France... Can't recall I ever cross the border when going to work but explains it or my company decided to tap internet illegally from a company across the border in this time of crisis..

I work next to the airport, somehow some websites think it's based in France... Can't recall I ever cross the border when going to work but explains it or my company decided to tap internet illegally from a company across the border in this time of crisis..

ThomasNL, May 6, 2011 @ 14:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 167

Ladies:

Nir

May 6, 11 13:55

I prefer shaved shoulders with muscles (not proteine grown but from real work)

I prefer shaved shoulders with muscles (not proteine grown but from real work)

rena, May 6, 2011 @ 14:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 168
Ok Rena, I got what you want (with a little help from the Protein shakes, I admit).
Ok Rena, I got what you want (with a little help from the Protein shakes, I admit).
Nir Ofek, May 6, 2011 @ 14:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 169

I know Nir: You are a muscleman (I remember you left the Holmes Place spinning class as it was too boring while everybody was half dead)

I know Nir: You are a muscleman (I remember you left the Holmes Place spinning class as it was too boring while everybody was half dead)

rena, May 6, 2011 @ 14:48
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 170

Speaking of shoulders.... Where does one buy dumbells around here?  I've never seen them in any Swiss sport shops...

Speaking of shoulders.... Where does one buy dumbells around here?  I've never seen them in any Swiss sport shops...

richardm, May 6, 2011 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 171
May 6, 11 14:40

protein shakes ....pah... whats wrong with some good old fashioned press ups.

Btw Buddy...dont go round advertising you slurp protein.... we will get the wrong idea..

http://www.askmen.com/dating/dzimmer_100/117b_love_answers.html

protein shakes ....pah... whats wrong with some good old fashioned press ups.

Btw Buddy...dont go round advertising you slurp protein.... we will get the wrong idea..

http://www.askmen.com/dating/dzimmer_100/117b_love_answers.html

Charlie, May 6, 2011 @ 15:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 172

May 6, 11 15:49

Manor sports and fitness section....

Charlie, May 6, 2011 @ 15:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 173

May 6, 11 15:51

www.decathlon.fr

www.decathlon.fr

Free, May 9, 2011 @ 23:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 175

All the Dutch I know are above- average tall.

Apart from that this is a dumb thread!

All the Dutch I know are above- average tall.

Apart from that this is a dumb thread!

jindalee, May 14, 2011 @ 09:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 176

we are all the same height horizontally

we are all the same height horizontally

leo tincrowdor, May 14, 2011 @ 14:13
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 177

It's interesting: There are currently two big threads about men being inadequate (height, emotional support...). Both discussions were initiated by women (are we never satisfied?Foot in mouth)

Ok guys, go ahead, if you have any questions or concerns about women (size, behaviour....)

It's interesting: There are currently two big threads about men being inadequate (height, emotional support...). Both discussions were initiated by women (are we never satisfied?Foot in mouth)

Ok guys, go ahead, if you have any questions or concerns about women (size, behaviour....)

rena, May 14, 2011 @ 14:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 178

May 14, 11 14:34

All,

Contrary to Rena's encouragment for us to start a male thread about "the inadequance of womem", I ask such a thread is NOT started as our web servers are likely to crash under all the comments that would be posted on such a thread. I alone could fill that thread with at least 10 long stories...(-;

Nir

All,

Contrary to Rena's encouragment for us to start a male thread about "the inadequance of womem", I ask such a thread is NOT started as our web servers are likely to crash under all the comments that would be posted on such a thread. I alone could fill that thread with at least 10 long stories...(-;

Nir

Nir Ofek, May 14, 2011 @ 15:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 179

Your server should be upgraded then....

rena, May 14, 2011 @ 15:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 180

May 14, 11 15:21

What was that about "women never satisfied?"  I thought I read something ealier... 

What was that about "women never satisfied?"  I thought I read something ealier... 

richardm, May 14, 2011 @ 15:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 181

not sure about women in general, but me.. I am never satisfied and always want more then I have. More time, freedom, money (to earn not just been given), work, shoes, love, etc. Nothing makes me happy enough to lay back and enjoy.  From guys I always expect the same I am able to do so I am not soo bad. But for sure I am not worried guys to be too short for me, if I am taller then guy it means he is still a kid because I am a size of a midget.  

Guys should step up and say what they got to say. If women can make fun of guys and birng up all worst sides or sides they dont like. Then men should do the same, we are all equal and have same rights.

not sure about women in general, but me.. I am never satisfied and always want more then I have. More time, freedom, money (to earn not just been given), work, shoes, love, etc. Nothing makes me happy enough to lay back and enjoy.  From guys I always expect the same I am able to do so I am not soo bad. But for sure I am not worried guys to be too short for me, if I am taller then guy it means he is still a kid because I am a size of a midget.  

Guys should step up and say what they got to say. If women can make fun of guys and birng up all worst sides or sides they dont like. Then men should do the same, we are all equal and have same rights.

Merike, May 14, 2011 @ 15:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 182

May 14, 11 15:24

No, it was just the logical response to Nir's problem. I tried to think like a man

No, it was just the logical response to Nir's problem. I tried to think like a man

rena, May 14, 2011 @ 18:29
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 183

May 14, 11 18:29

there can only be one response to that...

there can only be one response to that...

leo tincrowdor, May 15, 2011 @ 10:20
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 184

I have only one beef, that is the spam I get in my email from posting in this thread. They need to take out that notify me button or leave it deselected by default.

I have only one beef, that is the spam I get in my email from posting in this thread. They need to take out that notify me button or leave it deselected by default.

Christopher Felix, May 15, 2011 @ 23:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 185

May 15, 11 23:26

Christopher:

Your beef is easy to fix: on the bottom of every email alert you get from glocals is a link called "Stop receiving alerts". Just click on it...

Nir

Christopher:

Your beef is easy to fix: on the bottom of every email alert you get from glocals is a link called "Stop receiving alerts". Just click on it...

Nir

Nir Ofek, May 16, 2011 @ 08:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
185 Replies | 13916 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form