Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Arrival in Geneva

Hello,

I am arriving in Geneva on June 16 and will need a place to stay. I was planning on staying in a hostel for the first week while I get to know the city a bit and look for a place. It seems that all of the hostels are booked already! 

Any advice welcome on finding a place for a couple of months (June 16-Sept. 4) in Geneva...

Thanks,
Stephanie

The text you are quoting:

Hello,

I am arriving in Geneva on June 16 and will need a place to stay. I was planning on staying in a hostel for the first week while I get to know the city a bit and look for a place. It seems that all of the hostels are booked already! 

Any advice welcome on finding a place for a couple of months (June 16-Sept. 4) in Geneva...

Thanks,
Stephanie

Stephanie DashiellMay 23, 2010 @ 02:18
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 643 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Arrival in Geneva
Post 1

hi.

I faced the same problem not so long ago. may-july it's next to impossible to get a room in a hostel in geneva. if you are looking for a budget version i'd recommend france and then you can take a tram to the city centre. e.g. from moillesulaz it takes cca 30 minutes by tram no (12,16 or 17) or 15 minutes by car. I stayed here: http://www.parkandsuites.com/en/appart-hotel-geneve-gaillard.php

and it's quite decent, you have your own little suite with a kitchen at very reasonable prices but you have to compromise on being outside geneva. if not, you can only book a hotel and even a lot of them are fully booked as this is considered to be geneva's high season.

hope this helps,

aleks.

hi.

I faced the same problem not so long ago. may-july it's next to impossible to get a room in a hostel in geneva. if you are looking for a budget version i'd recommend france and then you can take a tram to the city centre. e.g. from moillesulaz it takes cca 30 minutes by tram no (12,16 or 17) or 15 minutes by car. I stayed here: http://www.parkandsuites.com/en/appart-hotel-geneve-gaillard.php

and it's quite decent, you have your own little suite with a kitchen at very reasonable prices but you have to compromise on being outside geneva. if not, you can only book a hotel and even a lot of them are fully booked as this is considered to be geneva's high season.

hope this helps,

aleks.

Aleksandra P, May 23, 2010 @ 10:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Thanks for your advice. I am actually looking for housing from June 16 - Sept 4 in a small room in an apartment. My boyfriend will be joining me on August 19. If you have any suggestions of where to look, please let me know!

Thank you,

Stephanie

Thanks for your advice. I am actually looking for housing from June 16 - Sept 4 in a small room in an apartment. My boyfriend will be joining me on August 19. If you have any suggestions of where to look, please let me know!

Thank you,

Stephanie

Stephanie Dashiell, May 23, 2010 @ 20:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'd recommend these two webpages and also look at the classified here on Glocals:
www.worldradio.ch/classifieds/index.php?a=5&b=196
www.immoscout24.ch

best of luck!
A.

I'd recommend these two webpages and also look at the classified here on Glocals:
www.worldradio.ch/classifieds/index.php?a=5&b=196
www.immoscout24.ch

best of luck!
A.

Aleksandra P, May 24, 2010 @ 13:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 643 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form