Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Asian craving for a real American Thanksgiving Experience :)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Asian craving for a real American Thanksgiving Experience :)

My first hello to all Glocal-ers!

I'm an ex-advertising-writer from Jakarta who moved to settle down in Switzerland August last year. Been mesmerized and spoiled with all the natural beauties this land is blessed!

I've always loved meeting new friends and socializing with multicultural-national people and I'd like to continue doing it here. It's not only fun but it broaden my horizon as I get to learn other cultures/tradition.

And that, brings me to my question: Does any of you know a restaurant or a place in Zurich where I can enjoy a real American thanksgiving dinner? Or like a gathering made by american expats in ZH where I can pay and join? Or a party I can crash? Just kidding on the last one.

Ever since a canuk friend Indonesia "deflowered" me to a real home-made Thanksgiving experience in 2002, I've always craved for the same joy every year! (and watching it over and over again on TV makes it worse)

My american friend in ZH has already returned home so I don't know anyone else who can make that so I am like "Gggrrr I need my Thanksgiving FIX!!" *pant pant drool* LOL

If anyone has any information on where I should go, that would be cool! Thanks everyone.

And of coz, happy Thanksgiving to all Americans/Canadians! :)

Kathy

The text you are quoting:

My first hello to all Glocal-ers!

I'm an ex-advertising-writer from Jakarta who moved to settle down in Switzerland August last year. Been mesmerized and spoiled with all the natural beauties this land is blessed!

I've always loved meeting new friends and socializing with multicultural-national people and I'd like to continue doing it here. It's not only fun but it broaden my horizon as I get to learn other cultures/tradition.

And that, brings me to my question: Does any of you know a restaurant or a place in Zurich where I can enjoy a real American thanksgiving dinner? Or like a gathering made by american expats in ZH where I can pay and join? Or a party I can crash? Just kidding on the last one.

Ever since a canuk friend Indonesia "deflowered" me to a real home-made Thanksgiving experience in 2002, I've always craved for the same joy every year! (and watching it over and over again on TV makes it worse)

My american friend in ZH has already returned home so I don't know anyone else who can make that so I am like "Gggrrr I need my Thanksgiving FIX!!" *pant pant drool* LOL

If anyone has any information on where I should go, that would be cool! Thanks everyone.

And of coz, happy Thanksgiving to all Americans/Canadians! :)

Kathy

Kathy POct 19, 2010 @ 15:17
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 729 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Asian craving for a real American Thanksgiving Experience :)
Post 1

Hi Kathy! I too am a huge fan of Thanksgiving, having lived in the US it's a tradition I cannot get rid of. I can make a yummy turkey and stuffing and most of the additional trimmings and sides. If we can gather a small group of people into Thanksgiving (or into juicy turkey!) I'll be happy to organize a dinner at my place, it's quite central Zurich. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss the logistics. If I'm not mistaken this year it will be on November 25?

Ciao,

Fran

Hi Kathy! I too am a huge fan of Thanksgiving, having lived in the US it's a tradition I cannot get rid of. I can make a yummy turkey and stuffing and most of the additional trimmings and sides. If we can gather a small group of people into Thanksgiving (or into juicy turkey!) I'll be happy to organize a dinner at my place, it's quite central Zurich. Let me know if you are interested and we can discuss the logistics. If I'm not mistaken this year it will be on November 25?

Ciao,

Fran

Francesca G, Oct 19, 2010 @ 17:07
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Asian craving for a real American Thanksgiving Experience :)
Post 2

Francesca!

How are ya? Thanks for the reply! You've got nooooo idea how thrilled I am to get your response. Oh aren't you cool, you can cook all this wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, you have to teach me how to cook all that someday so I can cure my own addiction :)

I also live not far from the central area, near the Zoo. Sure let me ask if anyone want to join this, but how many people are you thinking about?

Are you also coming to the Saturday drinks?

Francesca!

How are ya? Thanks for the reply! You've got nooooo idea how thrilled I am to get your response. Oh aren't you cool, you can cook all this wonderful Thanksgiving dinner, you have to teach me how to cook all that someday so I can cure my own addiction :)

I also live not far from the central area, near the Zoo. Sure let me ask if anyone want to join this, but how many people are you thinking about?

Are you also coming to the Saturday drinks?

Kathy P, Oct 21, 2010 @ 15:10
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 729 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form