Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Australian family moving to Geneva - Tips on where to live and what schools in and around Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Australian family moving to Geneva - Tips on where to live and what schools in and around Geneva

Hi !

We are a family with two kids, 7 & 8 years old moving from Melbourne, Australia over to Geneva in mid-March in 4 weeks working near Geneva airport.

Looking for information where to live and which school to send the kids... Would like our kids to learn French, preferably with French as the main language.  

Would be grateful for any tips !  

Also, love biking. Any bikers and bike clubs out there ?

Steve & Tuan 

The text you are quoting:

Hi !

We are a family with two kids, 7 & 8 years old moving from Melbourne, Australia over to Geneva in mid-March in 4 weeks working near Geneva airport.

Looking for information where to live and which school to send the kids... Would like our kids to learn French, preferably with French as the main language.  

Steve & Tuan 

tuan lowFeb 14, 2015 @ 12:10
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

4 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Australian family moving to Geneva - Tips on where to live and what schools in and around Geneva
Post 1

Hi Steve,

Are you looking to move just to Switzerland or France too?

We have a 4 bedroom house we're looking to rent out from March in the town of Gex in France. It's 20mins from Geneva airport.

If you're interested to find out more, drop me a message with your details and I'll send something over.

Gex has several good schools offering the French system, but this is just what I've heard from friends ;-)

For cycling there is a casual Sunday group, you can find them on facebook, just search for Bike the Lake. It's a great bunch, mixed levels and great networking while you ride!

Look forward to hearing from you

Matt

Hi Steve,

Are you looking to move just to Switzerland or France too?

We have a 4 bedroom house we're looking to rent out from March in the town of Gex in France. It's 20mins from Geneva airport.

If you're interested to find out more, drop me a message with your details and I'll send something over.

Gex has several good schools offering the French system, but this is just what I've heard from friends ;-)

For cycling there is a casual Sunday group, you can find them on facebook, just search for Bike the Lake. It's a great bunch, mixed levels and great networking while you ride!

Look forward to hearing from you

Matt

Matt Martin, Feb 14, 2015 @ 16:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Australian family moving to Geneva - Tips on where to live and what schools in and around Geneva
Post 2

Hi !

Steve & Tuan 

Feb 14, 15 12:10

Steve - also have a good search of this site in classifieds,forums and the like - questions such as yours are asked quite regularly. Good luck

Steve - also have a good search of this site in classifieds,forums and the like - questions such as yours are asked quite regularly. Good luck

Jeffery S, Feb 15, 2015 @ 14:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Matt,  Thanks.

Yes, I am interested to find out more - do you have any pictures  / more details you can send me ? Steve

Hi Matt,  Thanks.

Yes, I am interested to find out more - do you have any pictures  / more details you can send me ? Steve

tuan low, Feb 16, 2015 @ 01:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Steve,

Yeah sure, I have a load of photos and more info I can send over, just need an email address.

Send me a private message if you like.

Thanks
Matt

Hi Steve,

Yeah sure, I have a load of photos and more info I can send over, just need an email address.

Send me a private message if you like.

Thanks
Matt

Matt Martin, Feb 16, 2015 @ 07:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
4 Replies | 992 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form