Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Blimey rent prices are through the roof!!

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Blimey rent prices are through the roof!!
The text you are quoting:

Nick SkinnerJul 30, 2014 @ 13:07
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 861 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Blimey rent prices are through the roof!!
Post 1

well I have a job in Geneva & I start on 11th August. Looking for somewhere to live I thought would be the least of my worries!

Luckily my employer is putting me into a hotel for a couple of weeks to settle in but thats gona fly by! Anyway other than that I am dead excited about coming out to Geneva.

I was thinking about having a networking event for other expats I guess there must be enough on this website to build up a crowd? I could use a few words of wisdom from people who have already done it!

If this is something that people might be interested in or perhaps someone has already organized one that I could attend?

Anyway I had better get back to finding somewhere to hang my hat!!

Hi All, look forward to meeting some friendly faces in a few weeks...

Nick

well I have a job in Geneva & I start on 11th August. Looking for somewhere to live I thought would be the least of my worries!

Luckily my employer is putting me into a hotel for a couple of weeks to settle in but thats gona fly by! Anyway other than that I am dead excited about coming out to Geneva.

I was thinking about having a networking event for other expats I guess there must be enough on this website to build up a crowd? I could use a few words of wisdom from people who have already done it!

If this is something that people might be interested in or perhaps someone has already organized one that I could attend?

Anyway I had better get back to finding somewhere to hang my hat!!

Hi All, look forward to meeting some friendly faces in a few weeks...

Nick

Nick Skinner, Jul 30, 2014 @ 13:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Gva! (Whenever it is you arrive) There are plenty of friendly expats here, but networking and meeting up with others would require some initiative from your side of course. So you should check out Classifieds, Things to do and also join some groups. If you are into movies, there are for example movie groups such as movieaholics or the Sci-fi group who post events from time to time. Mostly the movies will be in English (VO)

Good Luck

Mel

Hi Nick,

Welcome to Gva! (Whenever it is you arrive) There are plenty of friendly expats here, but networking and meeting up with others would require some initiative from your side of course. So you should check out Classifieds, Things to do and also join some groups. If you are into movies, there are for example movie groups such as movieaholics or the Sci-fi group who post events from time to time. Mostly the movies will be in English (VO)

Good Luck

Mel

Melanie L, Jul 30, 2014 @ 15:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Your HR department should be lining up flats for you to view during these two weeks and should be sending you examples.  If no HR department then someone in the office.  I managed to find a flat in a similar two week period but that was 18 years ago and probably easier but without the positive input and help from the com,èpany I joined, heaven knows what would have happened.  My last job in Lugano I was put up in a hotel for 3 months and the company found a flat after two months

Your HR department should be lining up flats for you to view during these two weeks and should be sending you examples.  If no HR department then someone in the office.  I managed to find a flat in a similar two week period but that was 18 years ago and probably easier but without the positive input and help from the com,èpany I joined, heaven knows what would have happened.  My last job in Lugano I was put up in a hotel for 3 months and the company found a flat after two months

Paul E, Jul 30, 2014 @ 16:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi Nick,

Welcome, im also new here and finding it a great place to live, altough struggling to meet people with the hours i work. i would be up for a beer upon your arrival. i also have a room you can rent on a short term basis should you get stuck near the hospital.

Regards

Danny

Hi Nick,

Welcome, im also new here and finding it a great place to live, altough struggling to meet people with the hours i work. i would be up for a beer upon your arrival. i also have a room you can rent on a short term basis should you get stuck near the hospital.

Regards

Danny

Danny Jackson, Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:33
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. Its realy helful having an insight from people who have already tackled the relocation! I will certainly join some groups Mel thanks. I love networking and I like to arrange events too so will get myself settled and start making cool plans for expats to join and meet.

Danny, my hours will be a little eratic too but would be great to meet for a pint. I am due to arrive next weekend sunday 10th August. Thats a kind offer about the room, which hospital is it near? (trying to pinpoint it on the map) is it far or east to get to the airport because my office is based at the world trade centre which I understand is part of the airport complex. What sort of price are you looking for? I would probably want somewhere initially for 2/3 months until I find something of my own, is that a little too long?

Look forward to meeting you all

Nick

Hi all,

thanks for your replies. Its realy helful having an insight from people who have already tackled the relocation! I will certainly join some groups Mel thanks. I love networking and I like to arrange events too so will get myself settled and start making cool plans for expats to join and meet.

Danny, my hours will be a little eratic too but would be great to meet for a pint. I am due to arrive next weekend sunday 10th August. Thats a kind offer about the room, which hospital is it near? (trying to pinpoint it on the map) is it far or east to get to the airport because my office is based at the world trade centre which I understand is part of the airport complex. What sort of price are you looking for? I would probably want somewhere initially for 2/3 months until I find something of my own, is that a little too long?

Look forward to meeting you all

Nick

Nick Skinner, Jul 31, 2014 @ 10:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 861 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form