Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Bonjour and hello dear Geneviens! New expat searching for an abode in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Bonjour and hello dear Geneviens! New expat searching for an abode in Geneva

Hello hello,

so, Geneva it is! What a beautiful city and I am very happy to spend the next 6 months here.

I am looking forward to meet new people, to join any outdoor activities (how is sailing and skiing here?) but first of all, how can I find a place to live with a small junior position income?

Would be very happy to get some hints!

A bientot,

Jonas

The text you are quoting:

Hello hello,

so, Geneva it is! What a beautiful city and I am very happy to spend the next 6 months here.

I am looking forward to meet new people, to join any outdoor activities (how is sailing and skiing here?) but first of all, how can I find a place to live with a small junior position income?

Would be very happy to get some hints!

A bientot,

Jonas

Svend Jonas SSep 19, 2017 @ 11:14
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

2 Replies | 836 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Bonjour and hello dear Geneviens! New expat searching for an abode in Geneva
Post 1

Hello Svend,

My partner and I moved to Geneva few weeks ago and we have had the same problem with accommodations. So, as a result, I was able to find really nice, big and very affordable flat in Gex, France. It's very close to Geneva and only one bus required to get. Therefore, I will recommend to check French places next to Geneva as they are much cheaper. And I found that the Facebook groups like Expats in Geneva or Rent Apartment in Geneva, etc. are very helpful. Also, have a look on homegate.ch site. I am sure you will find something within one week time

Hello Svend,

My partner and I moved to Geneva few weeks ago and we have had the same problem with accommodations. So, as a result, I was able to find really nice, big and very affordable flat in Gex, France. It's very close to Geneva and only one bus required to get. Therefore, I will recommend to check French places next to Geneva as they are much cheaper. And I found that the Facebook groups like Expats in Geneva or Rent Apartment in Geneva, etc. are very helpful. Also, have a look on homegate.ch site. I am sure you will find something within one week time
Natalja Zelenkova, Sep 20, 2017 @ 07:48

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Re: Bonjour and hello dear Geneviens! New expat searching for an abode in Geneva
Post 2

Welcome to Geneva – and just so’s you’ll know, a member of the indigenous population is called a “Genevan”.

Best, R.

Welcome to Geneva – and just so’s you’ll know, a member of the indigenous population is called a “Genevan”.

Best, R.

Ritchie, Sep 20, 2017 @ 14:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
2 Replies | 836 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form