Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Ciao Lausanne!!

Hi Folks!

My name is Stefano, I am Italian and I just arrived in Lausanne to work at EPFL. I'm new to Switzerland and Glocals.
I am 29 years old and before coming here I have worked and lived in Bologna, Italy and in San Diego California.  I also spent one year in Galicia Spain as erasmus student.

I speak English Italian and Spanish. Now, I am learning French (I'm a  beginner, hopefully I'll improve it soon)
I like sports especially volley (I love beach volley)  biking, running and any kind of aquatic sport. I also like to meet new people and have good time together.

The first impression I had of Lausanne is that it is amazing place to live. I guess there are many places to discover and also a lot of thing to do and see here around Lausanne and in Switzerland.
 I am  very looking forward to join you to your trips, hiking, cultural events, and parties!

I hope to meet you soon,
Stefano

The text you are quoting:

Hi Folks!

My name is Stefano, I am Italian and I just arrived in Lausanne to work at EPFL. I'm new to Switzerland and Glocals.
I am 29 years old and before coming here I have worked and lived in Bologna, Italy and in San Diego California.  I also spent one year in Galicia Spain as erasmus student.

I speak English Italian and Spanish. Now, I am learning French (I'm a  beginner, hopefully I'll improve it soon)
I like sports especially volley (I love beach volley)  biking, running and any kind of aquatic sport. I also like to meet new people and have good time together.

The first impression I had of Lausanne is that it is amazing place to live. I guess there are many places to discover and also a lot of thing to do and see here around Lausanne and in Switzerland.
 I am  very looking forward to join you to your trips, hiking, cultural events, and parties!

I hope to meet you soon,
Stefano

Stefano RAug 14, 2011 @ 22:19
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 536 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Ciao Lausanne!!
Post 1

Hey Stephano!

Looks like we have many newcomers today. Shall we make a newcomer get together or something?

Rerards,

Katya

Hey Stephano!

Looks like we have many newcomers today. Shall we make a newcomer get together or something?

Rerards,

Katya

Katya A, Aug 14, 2011 @ 22:30
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Katya!

Sure, I'd love it. We can hang out or have a drink somewhere.

Let's organize it :)

Stefano

Hi Katya!

Sure, I'd love it. We can hang out or have a drink somewhere.

Let's organize it :)

Stefano

Stefano R, Aug 14, 2011 @ 22:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hello Stefano, I too am very new, actually I am due to move to Switzerland on Friday for one year with the possibly of extending my visit (depending on how I get on).

So, I am English, from Oxford. This will be my first time living abroad and I am very excited indeed also a little apprehensive . I am looking to meet new people hence why I have come onto glocals, I'd also like to discover new places, explore and learn French as language (I too am a beginner). So if in the near future you are planning something, think of me, perhaps we can help each other out with grasping the French language... I think I may struggle somewhat!

Beth

Heres to adventures new! 

Hello Stefano, I too am very new, actually I am due to move to Switzerland on Friday for one year with the possibly of extending my visit (depending on how I get on).

So, I am English, from Oxford. This will be my first time living abroad and I am very excited indeed also a little apprehensive . I am looking to meet new people hence why I have come onto glocals, I'd also like to discover new places, explore and learn French as language (I too am a beginner). So if in the near future you are planning something, think of me, perhaps we can help each other out with grasping the French language... I think I may struggle somewhat!

Beth

Heres to adventures new! 

Beth Varndell-Dawes, Aug 14, 2011 @ 23:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 536 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form