Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Coming to Switzerland this summer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Coming to Switzerland this summer

Hi all!

We are a St. Louis family currently in Mexico City but are being transfered to Switzerland this summer.  I am  a "stay at home dad" but my wife will be working in Morge.  We have two children (13 and 10) and are looking for good schools in the area as this will determine where we look for houses.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

The text you are quoting:

Hi all!

We are a St. Louis family currently in Mexico City but are being transfered to Switzerland this summer.  I am  a "stay at home dad" but my wife will be working in Morge.  We have two children (13 and 10) and are looking for good schools in the area as this will determine where we look for houses.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

Scott EApr 14, 2010 @ 23:46
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 586 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Coming to Switzerland this summer
Post 1

Hi Scott:  As a dad-at-home,  depends also if you wish to be closer to the international/english speaking community. Quite a difference between Morges and Geneva. In practice you need to consider living on right bank side of Rhone river, i.e. from Geneva city by Mont-Blanc bridge - a well known landmark - in Geneva canton up to Vevey in Vaud canton. Since your spouse will be working in Morges this is half way but should you and wife be traveling the world, better get closer to Geneva side by airport. This will give you/spouse immediate access to motorway to get to Morges or hop the train from airport terminal on to Morges... As to education for yr children you have private schools in Rolle/Vaud, International schools right bank side near UN in Geneva and also College du Leman in Versoix/Gva. Otherwise enrolling your children in the Public School system is very good and they will be bi-lingual very quickly.You should investigate housing opportunities now as there are several properties to let within different rental amounts. Welcome soon.

The text you are quoting:

Hi Scott:  As a dad-at-home,  depends also if you wish to be closer to the international/english speaking community. Quite a difference between Morges and Geneva. In practice you need to consider living on right bank side of Rhone river, i.e. from Geneva city by Mont-Blanc bridge - a well known landmark - in Geneva canton up to Vevey in Vaud canton. Since your spouse will be working in Morges this is half way but should you and wife be traveling the world, better get closer to Geneva side by airport. This will give you/spouse immediate access to motorway to get to Morges or hop the train from airport terminal on to Morges... As to education for yr children you have private schools in Rolle/Vaud, International schools right bank side near UN in Geneva and also College du Leman in Versoix/Gva. Otherwise enrolling your children in the Public School system is very good and they will be bi-lingual very quickly.You should investigate housing opportunities now as there are several properties to let within different rental amounts. Welcome soon.

Milord, Apr 15, 2010 @ 12:53
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 586 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form