Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Completely new in Geneva...to stay for longer

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Completely new in Geneva...to stay for longer

Hi there!

My name is Fritz, coming from Germany (my name could somehow indicate this Laughing) and started a new part of my life here in Geneva.

I would be happy, if I find some occasions here to meet some people here, due to me not knowing anyone from this place in before, absolutely unconcerned from where they come from.

One or maybe two beers in the evening or weekend would always sound good. Else I'm always interested in doing some trips to get to know something about this region. Smile

As I might stay here for several years, what is your situation regarding the duration of your stay? I've heard it might be hard to develop good relationships in this environment by most people pass again after a short time...

So, nice greetings from my small room here near the Parc de Trembley,

Fritz

The text you are quoting:

Hi there!

My name is Fritz, coming from Germany (my name could somehow indicate this Laughing) and started a new part of my life here in Geneva.

I would be happy, if I find some occasions here to meet some people here, due to me not knowing anyone from this place in before, absolutely unconcerned from where they come from.

One or maybe two beers in the evening or weekend would always sound good. Else I'm always interested in doing some trips to get to know something about this region. Smile

As I might stay here for several years, what is your situation regarding the duration of your stay? I've heard it might be hard to develop good relationships in this environment by most people pass again after a short time...

So, nice greetings from my small room here near the Parc de Trembley,

Fritz

Fritz MMar 15, 2015 @ 17:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

5 Replies | 1072 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Completely new in Geneva...to stay for longer
Post 1

Hallo Fritz and welcome to glocals!

Are you here for work or just for the hell of it?

In any case, glocals will be a very good resource to meet people and do all kinds of activities. Just for starters, Monday night is the weekly Pub Quiz at Mr. Pickwick Pub from 20.00 to 22.00. It's a great challenge. Come alone and join a team or bring your own team (up to 6 people).

Even more fun, Tuesday is St. Patrick's Day and Mr. Pickwick Pub (again) has the best entertainment I've seen in years...the 5-4-3-2-1 band straight from Liverpool! They've been to Geneva several times and they put on a great show.

Other than that, have a look at the Groups and find things your interested in: badminton, volleyball, football, theatre, hiking, skiing, movies, parties, language exchange, dancing, etc. There are a million and one things to do and someone is sure to share your interest...

Again, welcome and hope to see you around.

Z

Hallo Fritz and welcome to glocals!

Are you here for work or just for the hell of it?

In any case, glocals will be a very good resource to meet people and do all kinds of activities. Just for starters, Monday night is the weekly Pub Quiz at Mr. Pickwick Pub from 20.00 to 22.00. It's a great challenge. Come alone and join a team or bring your own team (up to 6 people).

Even more fun, Tuesday is St. Patrick's Day and Mr. Pickwick Pub (again) has the best entertainment I've seen in years...the 5-4-3-2-1 band straight from Liverpool! They've been to Geneva several times and they put on a great show.

Other than that, have a look at the Groups and find things your interested in: badminton, volleyball, football, theatre, hiking, skiing, movies, parties, language exchange, dancing, etc. There are a million and one things to do and someone is sure to share your interest...

Again, welcome and hope to see you around.

Z

Zonker, Mar 16, 2015 @ 00:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Fritz and welcome !

You should try the French/English exchange of the saturday afternoon, it's really friendly and a good way to introduce with other people. Personaly I'm a permanent resident in Geneva (seems to be quite rare on glocals indeed...but as you can see, it happens ;)).

Hope you'll enjoy living here!

Bye.

Hi Fritz and welcome !

You should try the French/English exchange of the saturday afternoon, it's really friendly and a good way to introduce with other people. Personaly I'm a permanent resident in Geneva (seems to be quite rare on glocals indeed...but as you can see, it happens ;)).

Hope you'll enjoy living here!

Bye.

Mandy P, Mar 20, 2015 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Fritz how are you? I have just moved to geneva too been here 5 weeks, really enjoying it if you fancy meeting for a coffee let me know :) hope you settling in well

Hi Fritz how are you? I have just moved to geneva too been here 5 weeks, really enjoying it if you fancy meeting for a coffee let me know :) hope you settling in well

kelly b, Mar 25, 2015 @ 14:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi all,

thanks for your answers!

I'll try the language exchange, definitely. Maybe I can meet someone of you there.

À plus!

Hi all,

thanks for your answers!

I'll try the language exchange, definitely. Maybe I can meet someone of you there.

À plus!

Fritz M, Mar 26, 2015 @ 22:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Fritz!

I just moved to Geneva too - if you want to go for some drinks or whatever, hit me up!

Fritz!

I just moved to Geneva too - if you want to go for some drinks or whatever, hit me up!

Louay M, Apr 5, 2015 @ 21:21
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
5 Replies | 1072 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form