Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Desperately looking for an apartment in Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Desperately looking for an apartment in Geneva

Hi there,

I work in Paris and am moving to Geneva, desperately looking for an apartment by 01.03.2010 but would be more than willing to pay rent for the apartment (approx 1'500 CHF) already from 01.01.2010 on. I'm looking for a 2-room apt (bedroom + living), preferably not all too far from the city.

If anyone hears of something, help would be greatly appreciated (drop me a note at [email protected]).

I'll pay the favours back in liquids (say drinks) once I move to Geneva! Wink

Thanks in advance,

Jerónimo

The text you are quoting:

Hi there,

I work in Paris and am moving to Geneva, desperately looking for an apartment by 01.03.2010 but would be more than willing to pay rent for the apartment (approx 1'500 CHF) already from 01.01.2010 on. I'm looking for a 2-room apt (bedroom + living), preferably not all too far from the city.

If anyone hears of something, help would be greatly appreciated (drop me a note at [email protected]).

I'll pay the favours back in liquids (say drinks) once I move to Geneva! Wink

Thanks in advance,

Jerónimo

Jerónimo CDec 10, 2009 @ 12:30
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

3 Replies | 1210 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Desperately looking for an apartment in Geneva
Post 1

it may take you days or weeks(if you are very lucky), or even months to get an appt.

you must be very proactive in your search.

gSmileSmiled luck!

it may take you days or weeks(if you are very lucky), or even months to get an appt.

you must be very proactive in your search.

gSmileSmiled luck!

Justin, Dec 11, 2009 @ 00:02
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Look in France, as well. I agree with the other posters' comments.

Look in France, as well. I agree with the other posters' comments.

FerneyL, Dec 11, 2009 @ 02:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I think Justdoit is being a bit harsh here. It will most likely be difficult but don't let them beat you down and hang in there. A good idea would be to subscribe to alerts from websites like immostreet (I did this and it's quite a handy way of not having to search through the website every day). You should also check the websites of the GHI and the Tribune de Geneve and any other search engines for flat hunting in Geneva. This site is quite good too, and some people may drop you a line if they have a flat or room going so don't be discouraged. I would think your best option might be to go for a room in a flat share for now though as there are more of those going around and then you would at least have somewhere to stay. On your own, you will probably have to pay a lot of money for not much. And be aware that in the Geneva canton 2 pieces will mean kitchen and living room so you will need to look for a 3 pieces: kitchen living bedroom.

Good luck

I think Justdoit is being a bit harsh here. It will most likely be difficult but don't let them beat you down and hang in there. A good idea would be to subscribe to alerts from websites like immostreet (I did this and it's quite a handy way of not having to search through the website every day). You should also check the websites of the GHI and the Tribune de Geneve and any other search engines for flat hunting in Geneva. This site is quite good too, and some people may drop you a line if they have a flat or room going so don't be discouraged. I would think your best option might be to go for a room in a flat share for now though as there are more of those going around and then you would at least have somewhere to stay. On your own, you will probably have to pay a lot of money for not much. And be aware that in the Geneva canton 2 pieces will mean kitchen and living room so you will need to look for a 3 pieces: kitchen living bedroom.

Good luck

Emma B, Dec 11, 2009 @ 08:52
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
3 Replies | 1210 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form