Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Football, music and movies - new in Lausanne

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Football, music and movies - new in Lausanne

Hi,

I just moved to Lausanne two weeks ago, and have to admit I'm a little bit lost. I'm trying to find someone to watch football games, movies or go to concerts with. I hope I'll come across someone in here :-)

C

The text you are quoting:

Hi,

I just moved to Lausanne two weeks ago, and have to admit I'm a little bit lost. I'm trying to find someone to watch football games, movies or go to concerts with. I hope I'll come across someone in here :-)

C

Cecilie Therese PMay 15, 2010 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

13 Replies | 1018 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Football, music and movies - new in Lausanne
Post 1

Hey Cecilie, look here some glocals people go to see some DJ http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/geneva/26960.htm

Hey Cecilie, look here some glocals people go to see some DJ http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/geneva/26960.htm

James T, May 15, 2010 @ 17:27
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/geneva/26960.htm

http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/geneva/26960.htm

James T, May 15, 2010 @ 17:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

If you like concerts you just arrived in time, with the good weather (sigh...) during the whole summer there will be concerts and festival all around. For example this saturday in Geneva there's a festival with free concerts: http://www.espoir.ch/espoir_programme_artistes.php

I'm not much of a football fan myself, but the places I know to watch games are:

-Great Escape (Near Riponne)

-Darling (pub with a lot of tvs)

-Ole ole (Spanish bar in Flon)

Oh, and welcome!

Jose

If you like concerts you just arrived in time, with the good weather (sigh...) during the whole summer there will be concerts and festival all around. For example this saturday in Geneva there's a festival with free concerts: http://www.espoir.ch/espoir_programme_artistes.php

I'm not much of a football fan myself, but the places I know to watch games are:

-Great Escape (Near Riponne)

-Darling (pub with a lot of tvs)

-Ole ole (Spanish bar in Flon)

Oh, and welcome!

Jose

Jose S, May 17, 2010 @ 22:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Thank you :)

Not much to do about the weather, I'm afraid, but I do hope it will pick up during summer. A shame you're not a football supporter, though, there are too few of us ;)

C

Thank you :)

Not much to do about the weather, I'm afraid, but I do hope it will pick up during summer. A shame you're not a football supporter, though, there are too few of us ;)

C

Cecilie Therese P, May 18, 2010 @ 21:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Have to agree with Jose in that you have arrived at the right time for concerts. Summer is the 'silly season' with heaps going on so it is fabulous for music!  Can be a bit difficult getting tickets to the bigger festivals at times  though.

Unfortunately the football season seems to be wrapping up but here are a couple of tips for next year from my experiences for watching games in Lausanne.  The Great Escape is a good place but you have to get there early to get a table/space.  If you are planing on rocking up a bit later then Darling is quite good, especially for Champions League as they will show numerous games at once with the commentary from the 'most popular' game.  It was usually Zurich FC this year, until they were out then it was generally Barca.  Never been to Ole ole, but I surely will try it out next year.

Also keep your eyes open for the outdoor big screens around the place during the World Cup, if it is anything UEFA cup from a few years back it will be an amazing atmosphere around here.  Admittedly there were some games held in Geneva which added to the fun, but here is hoping the multiculturalism of the area makes it a great world cup around Lac Léman once again.  Go Aussies! Cool

Have to agree with Jose in that you have arrived at the right time for concerts. Summer is the 'silly season' with heaps going on so it is fabulous for music!  Can be a bit difficult getting tickets to the bigger festivals at times  though.

Unfortunately the football season seems to be wrapping up but here are a couple of tips for next year from my experiences for watching games in Lausanne.  The Great Escape is a good place but you have to get there early to get a table/space.  If you are planing on rocking up a bit later then Darling is quite good, especially for Champions League as they will show numerous games at once with the commentary from the 'most popular' game.  It was usually Zurich FC this year, until they were out then it was generally Barca.  Never been to Ole ole, but I surely will try it out next year.

Also keep your eyes open for the outdoor big screens around the place during the World Cup, if it is anything UEFA cup from a few years back it will be an amazing atmosphere around here.  Admittedly there were some games held in Geneva which added to the fun, but here is hoping the multiculturalism of the area makes it a great world cup around Lac Léman once again.  Go Aussies! Cool

kednelly, May 18, 2010 @ 22:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

@Cecile: Even if I'm not a big football fan I usually fall for it on some matches, its good fun to meet with friends and having some beers, so if you don't mind being surrounded by a bunch of spanish (and usually italian), you are welcome to join

@Ked: Ole ole is quite good for the spanish matches, since they have the spanish tv with spanish comments, a lot better that the emotionless swiss ones :D. But it usually gets crowded too in the big matches, so you have to reserve a table (only if you are going to order food) or go with some time in advance

Jose

@Cecile: Even if I'm not a big football fan I usually fall for it on some matches, its good fun to meet with friends and having some beers, so if you don't mind being surrounded by a bunch of spanish (and usually italian), you are welcome to join

@Ked: Ole ole is quite good for the spanish matches, since they have the spanish tv with spanish comments, a lot better that the emotionless swiss ones :D. But it usually gets crowded too in the big matches, so you have to reserve a table (only if you are going to order food) or go with some time in advance

Jose

Jose S, May 18, 2010 @ 23:56
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

@ Jose S: I'd love to :)

@ kednelly: I am looking forward to the World Cup, if they have outdoor screens around the place it would be even nicer! Darling sounds good, I'll keep it in mind for when the Leagues start up again. Do you know if they show Premier League games as well?

And about the weather, I got my first sunburn of the year today. Sun :D

@ Jose S: I'd love to :)

@ kednelly: I am looking forward to the World Cup, if they have outdoor screens around the place it would be even nicer! Darling sounds good, I'll keep it in mind for when the Leagues start up again. Do you know if they show Premier League games as well?

And about the weather, I got my first sunburn of the year today. Sun :D

Cecilie Therese P, May 24, 2010 @ 15:11
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

So Cecilie what games are you going to be looking forward to for the world cup ? Me it will be Switzerland, Australia, Brazil, Argentina games.

Have you seen this amazing nike publicity ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE

So Cecilie what games are you going to be looking forward to for the world cup ? Me it will be Switzerland, Australia, Brazil, Argentina games.

Have you seen this amazing nike publicity ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idLG6jh23yE

James T, May 24, 2010 @ 15:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Haha, I hadn't seen it but have to say I love it!

I'm looking forward to the Swiss games mostly, will be interesting to see how the locals take to football watching. I also hope to catch the England and France games. But in general, football is football and it'll all be good fun if the setting is right with good people :)

Haha, I hadn't seen it but have to say I love it!

I'm looking forward to the Swiss games mostly, will be interesting to see how the locals take to football watching. I also hope to catch the England and France games. But in general, football is football and it'll all be good fun if the setting is right with good people :)

Cecilie Therese P, May 24, 2010 @ 15:46
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi all - I'm definitely keen to watch some World Cup matches on the big screens by the lake.  Let us know where and when closer to the time so we can meet up.

@Cecilie - Captain Cook shows premier league matches - although not great atmosphere if you're a football purist!  Good beer thoughLaughing

Hi all - I'm definitely keen to watch some World Cup matches on the big screens by the lake.  Let us know where and when closer to the time so we can meet up.

@Cecilie - Captain Cook shows premier league matches - although not great atmosphere if you're a football purist!  Good beer thoughLaughing

Peter M, May 24, 2010 @ 18:00
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

@Tyron: Captain Cook, got it. Good beer and good company is half the charm anyway, I'm not _that_ hardcore :) Great to hear you're up for football!

@Tyron: Captain Cook, got it. Good beer and good company is half the charm anyway, I'm not _that_ hardcore :) Great to hear you're up for football!

Cecilie Therese P, May 24, 2010 @ 18:31
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 12

@Cecilie The best part is where Rooney ends up living in a caravan Sealed and the babe naming. 

Will certainly not be watching the France games unless they are playing the final.... 

We should have an event for the Swiss matches where we glocals people come together to support the national team.

@Cecilie The best part is where Rooney ends up living in a caravan Sealed and the babe naming. 

Will certainly not be watching the France games unless they are playing the final.... 

We should have an event for the Swiss matches where we glocals people come together to support the national team.

James T, May 24, 2010 @ 22:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 13

Hi All - just posted an event for the first english game.

http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/lausanne/27343.htm

Hope to see you there!!

Hi All - just posted an event for the first english game.

http://www.glocals.com/#/things-to-do/lausanne/27343.htm

Hope to see you there!!

Peter M, May 26, 2010 @ 13:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
13 Replies | 1018 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form