Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Football Fan new to Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Football Fan new to Geneva
Hello All,

My wife and i have just arrived in Geneva from the UK and are living in Chambesy. Very keen to find a venue to watch the forthcoming FA Cup/Champions League/World Cup Finals, and maybe meet some other football fans.

Have found the Lady Godiva on the web:

http://www.ladyg.ch/index.html

Is this the best venue to watch English/European/World Cup football or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers
Tim (and Chloe)
The text you are quoting:
Hello All,

My wife and i have just arrived in Geneva from the UK and are living in Chambesy. Very keen to find a venue to watch the forthcoming FA Cup/Champions League/World Cup Finals, and maybe meet some other football fans.

Have found the Lady Godiva on the web:

http://www.ladyg.ch/index.html

Is this the best venue to watch English/European/World Cup football or does anyone have any other suggestions?

Cheers
Tim (and Chloe)
Tim HandleyMay 12, 2010 @ 22:50
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1447 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Football Fan new to Geneva
Post 1

In Paquis, you can also go to Pickwick's (http://www.mrpickwick.ch) , or to the clubhouse (http://www.theclubhouse.ch), both are pubs with many screens to watch games and english spoken.

Rémy

In Paquis, you can also go to Pickwick's (http://www.mrpickwick.ch) , or to the clubhouse (http://www.theclubhouse.ch), both are pubs with many screens to watch games and english spoken.

Rémy

RemyS, May 12, 2010 @ 22:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

my favourite is springbrothers, small intimate bar in the old town.

godiva has lots of screens but mixes music and commentry which can be annoying.

pickwicks has lots of screens and would be great for the world cup but can get rammed.

i'll be watching it in springbrothers with a friend if interested joining.

Dan

my favourite is springbrothers, small intimate bar in the old town.

godiva has lots of screens but mixes music and commentry which can be annoying.

pickwicks has lots of screens and would be great for the world cup but can get rammed.

i'll be watching it in springbrothers with a friend if interested joining.

Dan

Dan.wcm, May 13, 2010 @ 14:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

I'd be interested in watching the games with English commentary too..!! let me know what you guys decide on

I'd be interested in watching the games with English commentary too..!! let me know what you guys decide on

Tom Q, May 17, 2010 @ 09:32
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

If you want to watch sport, Mr. Pickwick's is the place.  They've got 6-8 satellites and are usually more than happy to put something on for you, especially if you come early and have a drink in your hand when you ask.  It does get extremely crowded, but it's the best bet if your team has the 3pm Saturday start, several European channels show these games.

My favourite place is the Clubhouse, it's more a sports bar than a pub.  They have this crazy thing there... natural light!  You can get used to it though.  There are comfortable couches and it's usually not too crowded.  I think they just have an English sky box and they also have the local channels.

I'll be on hols this weekend, but I'll join you for the WC!

If you want to watch sport, Mr. Pickwick's is the place.  They've got 6-8 satellites and are usually more than happy to put something on for you, especially if you come early and have a drink in your hand when you ask.  It does get extremely crowded, but it's the best bet if your team has the 3pm Saturday start, several European channels show these games.

My favourite place is the Clubhouse, it's more a sports bar than a pub.  They have this crazy thing there... natural light!  You can get used to it though.  There are comfortable couches and it's usually not too crowded.  I think they just have an English sky box and they also have the local channels.

I'll be on hols this weekend, but I'll join you for the WC!

Mr.Ben, May 17, 2010 @ 10:24
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Cheers for the info guys... reckon i will check out the clubhouse.

On another note does anyone have any idea on getting a game of football?

5 a side, kick about in the park, anything would do!

Cheers for the info guys... reckon i will check out the clubhouse.

On another note does anyone have any idea on getting a game of football?

5 a side, kick about in the park, anything would do!

Tim Handley, May 17, 2010 @ 12:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

It's close but I think Club House just pips the Lady Godiva for sports fans, layout of the screens is better and they have live music on sometimes after the games.  Although Lady Godiva has an excellent Monday quiz, good staff and both have good food.

One bad point is Lady G seems to be prone to bag snatching, one happened literally on the next table.

Spring Brothers has slightly cheaper beers but no real food choice.  Also seems to be popular with the younger types.

Pickwicks is a bit far out and the service wasnt as good in my experience.

Mulligans has TV's but can be really quiet.  Thursday music with the Crazy Canadians is fun and busy though.  Service is excellent.

Best advice is to try them all !

It's close but I think Club House just pips the Lady Godiva for sports fans, layout of the screens is better and they have live music on sometimes after the games.  Although Lady Godiva has an excellent Monday quiz, good staff and both have good food.

One bad point is Lady G seems to be prone to bag snatching, one happened literally on the next table.

Spring Brothers has slightly cheaper beers but no real food choice.  Also seems to be popular with the younger types.

Pickwicks is a bit far out and the service wasnt as good in my experience.

Mulligans has TV's but can be really quiet.  Thursday music with the Crazy Canadians is fun and busy though.  Service is excellent.

Best advice is to try them all !

Jerome G, May 17, 2010 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1447 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form