Login or Sign Up

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Fresh from the UK

Hi guys just arrived in Geneva last week. Spending summer here for work exp. Got a tip off from a work colleague about this site...seems pretty cool!

Don't really know anyone in the area yet so would love to meet some new people and discover Geneva's...social scene?! (All I can say is Geneva looks like a great place ... but pretty quiet on a friday night!)

So feel free to add as a friend and look forward to meeting you all!

PS living around the pont du mont blanc area

The text you are quoting:

Hi guys just arrived in Geneva last week. Spending summer here for work exp. Got a tip off from a work colleague about this site...seems pretty cool!

Don't really know anyone in the area yet so would love to meet some new people and discover Geneva's...social scene?! (All I can say is Geneva looks like a great place ... but pretty quiet on a friday night!)

So feel free to add as a friend and look forward to meeting you all!

PS living around the pont du mont blanc area

Dhruva RamanJul 13, 2010 @ 20:38
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

12 Replies | 739 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Fresh from the UK
Post 1

Hi and welcome Smile 

I moved back here around 10 days ago and I really love it! The summers are always so nice in Geneva, so it's a great time you're coming! How long will you stay here? 

Let me know if you wanna meet up for a coffee or something! I live in the Plan Palais areaSmile

Cheers

Cecilie

Hi and welcome Smile 

I moved back here around 10 days ago and I really love it! The summers are always so nice in Geneva, so it's a great time you're coming! How long will you stay here? 

Let me know if you wanna meet up for a coffee or something! I live in the Plan Palais areaSmile

Cheers

Cecilie

Cecilie Thürmer, Jul 14, 2010 @ 18:38
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hey I am au pairing here for the summer and am from England as well. I have been here a month but only just been meeting glocals people in the last week or so and they are all great so definitely get involved in any of the Glocals events. If you are worried about going on your own just start speaking to someone who has already replied as going and from my experience that has worked pretty well!! Feel free to add me :) 

Katie xx

Hey I am au pairing here for the summer and am from England as well. I have been here a month but only just been meeting glocals people in the last week or so and they are all great so definitely get involved in any of the Glocals events. If you are worried about going on your own just start speaking to someone who has already replied as going and from my experience that has worked pretty well!! Feel free to add me :) 

Katie xx

Katie Quigley, Jul 14, 2010 @ 18:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi, I am currently living in Zurich but will be moving to Geneva end of August. Hoping that the Glocal events there are as much fun as the ones here have been. I am from Scotland but lived in London for more years than I care to admit.

Any tips will be much appreciated. Hope you are finding your feet and having fun.

Sharon

Hi, I am currently living in Zurich but will be moving to Geneva end of August. Hoping that the Glocal events there are as much fun as the ones here have been. I am from Scotland but lived in London for more years than I care to admit.

Any tips will be much appreciated. Hope you are finding your feet and having fun.

Sharon

Sharon Hunter, Jul 14, 2010 @ 20:58
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi !

Welcome in Geneva ! Geneva is a great city and you live in a great area ! I come from Paris and I'm also new in glocals. So I'm as worried as you but we were or are all in the same situation so don't worry... Cecile, Katie and Sharon will take us out !! Tongue out

Good luck ! 

Hi !

Welcome in Geneva ! Geneva is a great city and you live in a great area ! I come from Paris and I'm also new in glocals. So I'm as worried as you but we were or are all in the same situation so don't worry... Cecile, Katie and Sharon will take us out !! Tongue out

Good luck ! 

Patrick S, Jul 14, 2010 @ 21:45
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Patrick - no doubt about it!Wink You guys should come party this friday - we're a bunch of people who's going out for a bit og Geneva action! Could be fun to meet youSmile

Have a good night. 

Patrick - no doubt about it!Wink You guys should come party this friday - we're a bunch of people who's going out for a bit og Geneva action! Could be fun to meet youSmile

Have a good night. 

Cecilie Thürmer, Jul 14, 2010 @ 22:04
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Great ! Dhruva ! look we are invited friday ! Laughing 

book your friday night !!! but... where and what time Cecilie ? 

Great ! Dhruva ! look we are invited friday ! Laughing 

book your friday night !!! but... where and what time Cecilie ? 

Patrick S, Jul 14, 2010 @ 22:39
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Definitely! Patrick and Dhruva - send me your numbers and I'll keep you updated! We meet in the center for a couple of drinks and go party afterwards Smile

Definitely! Patrick and Dhruva - send me your numbers and I'll keep you updated! We meet in the center for a couple of drinks and go party afterwards Smile

Cecilie Thürmer, Jul 14, 2010 @ 22:54
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello guys... I am not new to Glocals (I joined a year or so ago) but it's just now that I am starting to participate. If the Friday outing takes place I will be glad to join if you don't mind.

Cheers.

Hello guys... I am not new to Glocals (I joined a year or so ago) but it's just now that I am starting to participate. If the Friday outing takes place I will be glad to join if you don't mind.

Cheers.

Huck, Jul 14, 2010 @ 23:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

on it! fridays booked!

cecilie - will msg number keep me updated

sharon - whats so bad about london! ha ha il let you know when I find out whats good in this place myself!

patrick- ha ha yeah need some girls to take us out in this big bad city :P

huck im sure i speak for all of us when i say more the merrier!

should be an fun night ;)

on it! fridays booked!

cecilie - will msg number keep me updated

sharon - whats so bad about london! ha ha il let you know when I find out whats good in this place myself!

patrick- ha ha yeah need some girls to take us out in this big bad city :P

huck im sure i speak for all of us when i say more the merrier!

should be an fun night ;)

Dhruva Raman, Jul 15, 2010 @ 00:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

I already know Cecilie and the plan is to meet on Friday at 8 and then go for some Mojitos, hehe:)

I already know Cecilie and the plan is to meet on Friday at 8 and then go for some Mojitos, hehe:)

Kadi L, Jul 15, 2010 @ 21:49
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Thanks Kadi!! Wink

Thanks Kadi!! Wink

Cecilie Thürmer, Jul 15, 2010 @ 22:49