Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > From Mexico to Geneva

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
From Mexico to Geneva

Hi im Sofia, Im from Mexico and ill be an exchange student in Geneva starting August!! Looking for general info! Thank youuCool

The text you are quoting:

Hi im Sofia, Im from Mexico and ill be an exchange student in Geneva starting August!! Looking for general info! Thank youuCool

sofia ferretisMar 22, 2016 @ 15:23
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

6 Replies | 1089 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: From Mexico to Geneva
Post 1

Hi Sofia. Welcome to Geneva. What would you like to know?

Yann Hoyau , Mar 22, 2016 @ 16:34
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Mar 22, 16 16:34

Well, obvious stuff, like where can you find the best tacos de carne adobada, can you drink the tap water, donde es la parranda este finde?

Well, obvious stuff, like where can you find the best tacos de carne adobada, can you drink the tap water, donde es la parranda este finde?

JR M, Mar 22, 2016 @ 17:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Yes, you can definitely drink the tap water. But partying all night  with $1 Cervezas will be difficult. To put things simply, Geneva is the exact opposite of MX ( at least the MX I know). I know of a good taco place near Unimail. 

Yes, you can definitely drink the tap water. But partying all night  with $1 Cervezas will be difficult. To put things simply, Geneva is the exact opposite of MX ( at least the MX I know). I know of a good taco place near Unimail. 

Yann Hoyau , Mar 23, 2016 @ 12:28
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hello Sofia!
Welcome :)
Unfortunately Mexican food here is not advised....I find it doesn't match traditional Mexican Standards.
The swiss water is good here, so you can definitley drink it.
Take a look at the activities & events that glocals members host, there are many and for all tastes ;)
Don't hesitate to ask away if you have any further questions.

Hello Sofia!
Welcome :)
Unfortunately Mexican food here is not advised....I find it doesn't match traditional Mexican Standards.
The swiss water is good here, so you can definitley drink it.
Take a look at the activities & events that glocals members host, there are many and for all tastes ;)
Don't hesitate to ask away if you have any further questions.

nastassia r, Apr 6, 2016 @ 12:09
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Sofia,

Welcome to Geneva. 

You might like to come along to a coffee meet up this afternoon if you're free.

see the event details: http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/events_view/geneva/86989.htm

best wishes 

Julie 

cheers!

julie 

Hi Sofia,

Welcome to Geneva. 

You might like to come along to a coffee meet up this afternoon if you're free.

see the event details: http://www.glocals.com/things-to-do/events_view/geneva/86989.htm

best wishes 

Julie 

cheers!

julie 

Julie A, May 17, 2016 @ 10:16
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hola Sofía, 

I wish you good luck during your stay in Geneva! I studied there for one year and it was a great experience, it's truly a gorgeous city, and the people I encountered were always friendly. 

Quick pointers:

- Yes, tap water is more than safe to drink -it's one of the cleanest in the world.

- Everything is expensive in Geneva -you've probably heard this already, but won't realize how very expensive it really is until you spend a few months there and your bank account quickly loses digits Money Mouth. I saved tons of money by using a bike, I got a very cheap one (second-hand) through glocals as soon as I arrived and used it every day. 

- There's 3 main supermarket chains: Migros, Coop and Lidl. The cheapest one is Lidl by far (they're not so great on the CSR of course -but if you're on a student budget, that's good to know). 

- I used my English all the time at school, but used my Spanish more while at home (lots of people from Portugal rented rooms in my building -all of them lovely), and since my French was terrible and so was their English in some cases, we would use Spanish & Portuguese instead (it was very tricky, but we made it work! Smile).

Anyways, feel free to send me an internal message if you want any details, I'd be happy to share. Y por supuesto puede ser en español (soy de Perú!).

Best of luck!

-Claudia.

Hola Sofía, 

I wish you good luck during your stay in Geneva! I studied there for one year and it was a great experience, it's truly a gorgeous city, and the people I encountered were always friendly. 

Quick pointers:

- Yes, tap water is more than safe to drink -it's one of the cleanest in the world.

- Everything is expensive in Geneva -you've probably heard this already, but won't realize how very expensive it really is until you spend a few months there and your bank account quickly loses digits Money Mouth. I saved tons of money by using a bike, I got a very cheap one (second-hand) through glocals as soon as I arrived and used it every day. 

- There's 3 main supermarket chains: Migros, Coop and Lidl. The cheapest one is Lidl by far (they're not so great on the CSR of course -but if you're on a student budget, that's good to know). 

- I used my English all the time at school, but used my Spanish more while at home (lots of people from Portugal rented rooms in my building -all of them lovely), and since my French was terrible and so was their English in some cases, we would use Spanish & Portuguese instead (it was very tricky, but we made it work! Smile).

Anyways, feel free to send me an internal message if you want any details, I'd be happy to share. Y por supuesto puede ser en español (soy de Perú!).

Best of luck!

-Claudia.

Claudia P, May 27, 2016 @ 17:47
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
6 Replies | 1089 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form