Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > From USA to Geneva :)

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
From USA to Geneva :)

Hello! My name is Melissa, and my husband and I have just moved to Geneva from Minneapolis, MN. We are in our late 20s, no kids. We are going to be here for a few years. We've been (trying) to learn French and explore the area, and are hoping to meet some new friends to hang out with. If any of you are in the same boat and would want to meet up for drinks, coffee, play board games, etc, let me know!

(And if there are any other trailing spouses out there who want to join me during the daytime at the beach, park, hiking, etc, that would be great too!)

Looking forward to meeting you! :)

Melissa

The text you are quoting:

Hello! My name is Melissa, and my husband and I have just moved to Geneva from Minneapolis, MN. We are in our late 20s, no kids. We are going to be here for a few years. We've been (trying) to learn French and explore the area, and are hoping to meet some new friends to hang out with. If any of you are in the same boat and would want to meet up for drinks, coffee, play board games, etc, let me know!

(And if there are any other trailing spouses out there who want to join me during the daytime at the beach, park, hiking, etc, that would be great too!)

Melissa

Melissa TraenAug 12, 2015 @ 19:04
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

11 Replies | 1678 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: From USA to Geneva :)
Post 1

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva.

It can be a bit daunting when one first arrives, but if you check our “Groups” you will see that there are lots of activities for all ages and tastes, including trailing spice.  Keep an eye also on “Things to do” for updates on the latest events.

And if you get real homesick, visit the American International Women’s Club in Eaux-Vives  It was founded in the 60’s and many of the members are trailers.  They can give you lots of tips and advice.

Best wishes,

R.

Welcome to glocals and to Geneva.

It can be a bit daunting when one first arrives, but if you check our “Groups” you will see that there are lots of activities for all ages and tastes, including trailing spice.  Keep an eye also on “Things to do” for updates on the latest events.

And if you get real homesick, visit the American International Women’s Club in Eaux-Vives  It was founded in the 60’s and many of the members are trailers.  They can give you lots of tips and advice.

Best wishes,

R.

Ritchie, Aug 12, 2015 @ 20:08
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Melissa,

I am also from Minneapolis and in my late 20s. I moved here last month. I have a decent group of girl friends from where I work. You ar eboth welcome to come out with us! I'm hiking this weekend on the otherside of Switzerland but on Thursdays we do a wine and cheese thing in Grottes. If you are free, you should come meet us!

Brett

Hi Melissa,

I am also from Minneapolis and in my late 20s. I moved here last month. I have a decent group of girl friends from where I work. You ar eboth welcome to come out with us! I'm hiking this weekend on the otherside of Switzerland but on Thursdays we do a wine and cheese thing in Grottes. If you are free, you should come meet us!

Brett

Brett B, Aug 13, 2015 @ 09:18
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi Melissa, me and my husband recently moved from Charleston SC. So it would be great to meat with you guys, so let me know when you're available and let's do smth all together (coffee, picnic, drinks etc)

Hi Melissa, me and my husband recently moved from Charleston SC. So it would be great to meat with you guys, so let me know when you're available and let's do smth all together (coffee, picnic, drinks etc)
Yuliya Bertrand, Aug 13, 2015 @ 14:09

Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Melissa

Aug 12, 15 19:04

Hey melissa, it's Bibi.  Are you the "Melissa" we studied French together last month??! Sorry I can't see your profile photo very clearly. if it's you, that's amazing !! I just registered here try to see some new friends too!! Have a nice day, and keep in touch!

Hey melissa, it's Bibi.  Are you the "Melissa" we studied French together last month??! Sorry I can't see your profile photo very clearly. if it's you, that's amazing !! I just registered here try to see some new friends too!! Have a nice day, and keep in touch!

Bibi K, Sep 9, 2015 @ 11:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hello, my name is Geraldine, i am french and I look for some people to improve my level in english.

I hope exchange the langague beetween english and french if you are interesting?

I am 47 years and live in Mont Sion during the week, and in Savoie during the week end.

Perhaps have you the time during the week to meet me and speak in french and in english? after work.

Thanks.

Géraldine.

Hello, my name is Geraldine, i am french and I look for some people to improve my level in english.

I hope exchange the langague beetween english and french if you are interesting?

I am 47 years and live in Mont Sion during the week, and in Savoie during the week end.

Perhaps have you the time during the week to meet me and speak in french and in english? after work.

Thanks.

Géraldine.

OGIER G, Sep 9, 2015 @ 12:22
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hi Melissa,

Just stumbled across this new members thread and wanted to introduce myself. I'm from the Rochester, MN, area...but recently I have been going between Baltimore, MD, and Geneva, CH, for work and studies during the past year. I'm in my late 20s as well and work at the WHO. If you're ever interested in meeting up sometime, it'd be great to meet another Minnesotan.

Cheers,

Holly

Hi Melissa,

Just stumbled across this new members thread and wanted to introduce myself. I'm from the Rochester, MN, area...but recently I have been going between Baltimore, MD, and Geneva, CH, for work and studies during the past year. I'm in my late 20s as well and work at the WHO. If you're ever interested in meeting up sometime, it'd be great to meet another Minnesotan.

Cheers,

Holly

Holly S, Sep 27, 2015 @ 15:40
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Melissa,

My husband and I just moved from Mexico City to Geneva. Would be great if we could meet sometime. You can email me to: [email protected]

Hope to hear from you :)

Eduardo.

Hi Melissa,

My husband and I just moved from Mexico City to Geneva. Would be great if we could meet sometime. You can email me to: [email protected]

Hope to hear from you :)

Eduardo.

Eduardo Giorgana, Sep 28, 2015 @ 19:12
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

Hello Melissa,

My name is Mira, I moved to Lausanne  with my husband from Pennsylvania less then a year a go.

I'm new to this site, I don't know many people here, were in our lte 20s, no kids. 

Its nice to see other people from the states here.. 

Cheers 

Mira

Hello Melissa,

My name is Mira, I moved to Lausanne  with my husband from Pennsylvania less then a year a go.

I'm new to this site, I don't know many people here, were in our lte 20s, no kids. 

Cheers 

Mira

mira f, Oct 9, 2015 @ 09:55
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

Hello Melissa,

Cheers 

Mira

Oct 9, 15 09:55

Hello, Mira!

Welcome to glocals.  It’s a great way to meet people.  As a start, I suggest you take a look at the “Groups” and “Things to do” where you’ll find plenty of compatriots and lots of opportunities to meet other people and make friends.

All the best, R.

Hello, Mira!

Welcome to glocals.  It’s a great way to meet people.  As a start, I suggest you take a look at the “Groups” and “Things to do” where you’ll find plenty of compatriots and lots of opportunities to meet other people and make friends.

All the best, R.

Ritchie, Oct 9, 2015 @ 10:41
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

Hi All,

We moved here last month from Charlotte, NC and living in Plainpalais. Would love to connect with folks. We are older than most of you :) Empty nesters. Love to connect over coffee/wine/walks and hikes...

Hi All,

We moved here last month from Charlotte, NC and living in Plainpalais. Would love to connect with folks. We are older than most of you :) Empty nesters. Love to connect over coffee/wine/walks and hikes...

Mini S, Dec 17, 2015 @ 10:26
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 11

Hi All,

Dec 17, 15 10:26

Hi Mini

Welcome to Geneva, even though you informed us after 4 weeks but we all know there are a thousand and one things to deal with from the day you moved-in...

Believe we may contact each other from early next week and decide how to celebrate the in-coming festive season. What a change for you as Geneva is a lot different than Charlotte !

Hi Mini

Welcome to Geneva, even though you informed us after 4 weeks but we all know there are a thousand and one things to deal with from the day you moved-in...

Believe we may contact each other from early next week and decide how to celebrate the in-coming festive season. What a change for you as Geneva is a lot different than Charlotte !

Milord, Dec 17, 2015 @ 14:19
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
11 Replies | 1678 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form