Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Geneva, from US, run/bike/ski/writing buddies

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva, from US, run/bike/ski/writing buddies

Hi! I'm temporarily living in Saint-Cergue, likely heading into Geneva around November, and looking for people to trail run/ road bike/ ski/ boulder with! (and my bf too; he doesn't speak any French!)

Also, I write, so my schedule is really flexible...which means I sometimes wander the trails more than I actually write. SO. I would be also psyched to meet other people who also need to write/work quietly and could hold me accountable for a couple focused hours a day.

Cheers,

Sarah

The text you are quoting:

Hi! I'm temporarily living in Saint-Cergue, likely heading into Geneva around November, and looking for people to trail run/ road bike/ ski/ boulder with! (and my bf too; he doesn't speak any French!)

Also, I write, so my schedule is really flexible...which means I sometimes wander the trails more than I actually write. SO. I would be also psyched to meet other people who also need to write/work quietly and could hold me accountable for a couple focused hours a day.

Cheers,

Sarah

Sarah FSep 15, 2016 @ 22:34
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

10 Replies | 1164 Views      |  Send to friend

Re: Geneva, from US, run/bike/ski/writing buddies
Post 1

Hi Sarah!

I have also just moved to Geneva and I am looking for people to trail run/ski/boulder with! I am au pairing after graduating from five years at university in the UK and I am freelance writing on the side. It would be great to meet up sometime! 

Alex 

Hi Sarah!

I have also just moved to Geneva and I am looking for people to trail run/ski/boulder with! I am au pairing after graduating from five years at university in the UK and I am freelance writing on the side. It would be great to meet up sometime! 

Alex 

Alexandra Wood, Sep 29, 2016 @ 20:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 2

Hi Sarah!!

I am Helena, I'm living in Bassins, by bus+train I'm 1hr from Geneva, I don't know if this is far from St. Cergue. I like sports and I'd like to hang out too,

Cheers!

Helena

Hi Sarah!!

I am Helena, I'm living in Bassins, by bus+train I'm 1hr from Geneva, I don't know if this is far from St. Cergue. I like sports and I'd like to hang out too,

Cheers!

Helena

Helena VN, Oct 5, 2016 @ 16:57
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 3

Hi girls! 

There is a group of people from glocals going bouldering every tuesday/thursday! Join us if you want! It is nice to meet new people and have some fun!

i personally love trail running, skiing and bouldering, so i am up to anything during the weekend!

andreu

Hi girls! 

There is a group of people from glocals going bouldering every tuesday/thursday! Join us if you want! It is nice to meet new people and have some fun!

i personally love trail running, skiing and bouldering, so i am up to anything during the weekend!

andreu

Andreu Pares, Oct 5, 2016 @ 20:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 4

Hi all,

There's a glocals rock-climbing group, and they usually climb/boulder at Vitam: http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-rock-climbing-group.htm 

I have an injured shoulder, so won't be able to climb for a while. I am, however, interested in some trail running and road cycling.

I've also worked as a freelance writer before, and currently working on a novel. To that end, you shoudl also look into joining the Geneva Writers' Group - it's exceptional and only 40chf/year to boot! ;-)

Best,

Steve

Hi all,

There's a glocals rock-climbing group, and they usually climb/boulder at Vitam: http://www.glocals.com/groups/geneva/geneva-rock-climbing-group.htm 

I have an injured shoulder, so won't be able to climb for a while. I am, however, interested in some trail running and road cycling.

I've also worked as a freelance writer before, and currently working on a novel. To that end, you shoudl also look into joining the Geneva Writers' Group - it's exceptional and only 40chf/year to boot! ;-)

Best,

Steve

Steve A, Oct 6, 2016 @ 10:37
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 5

Hi Andreu - thanks for the message!

Where abouts do you climb on Tuesdays/Thursdays? 

Lexy 

Hi Andreu - thanks for the message!

Where abouts do you climb on Tuesdays/Thursdays? 

Lexy 

Alexandra Wood, Oct 6, 2016 @ 11:42
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 6

Hey Steve, thanks for your message!

We should get a group together for a trail run sometime soon! I'm familiar with the Chamonix area but I have a lot to learn about the Geneva area.

Best,

Alex 

Hey Steve, thanks for your message!

We should get a group together for a trail run sometime soon! I'm familiar with the Chamonix area but I have a lot to learn about the Geneva area.

Best,

Alex 

Alexandra Wood, Oct 6, 2016 @ 11:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 7

Hi Alex,

I live on the Petit Saleve, and there are some reasonable trails (a couple start from just behind my back yard). Happy to go elsewhere too, I much prefer running off concrete rather than on.

Best,

Steve

Hi Alex,

I live on the Petit Saleve, and there are some reasonable trails (a couple start from just behind my back yard). Happy to go elsewhere too, I much prefer running off concrete rather than on.

Best,

Steve

Steve A, Oct 6, 2016 @ 12:44
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 8

There is a glocals running club in GE.

There is a glocals running club in GE.

Thomas F, Oct 20, 2016 @ 09:51
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 9

I go to Pan d'Escalade

I go to Pan d'Escalade

Andreu Pares, Oct 20, 2016 @ 12:17
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
Post 10

G'day all

I in for the push bike ride...riding tomorrow, Saturday 22nd as the weather forecast is on our side and Sunday(weather permit)

alexandre

079 243 4657

www.alerizzo.com

G'day all

I in for the push bike ride...riding tomorrow, Saturday 22nd as the weather forecast is on our side and Sunday(weather permit)

alexandre

079 243 4657

www.alerizzo.com

Ale Rizzo, Oct 21, 2016 @ 08:59
Your Reply:
! Report to Admin
10 Replies | 1164 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form