Login or Sign Up

Global Forums > New Members Introductions > Geneva schools & Where 2 live - Parent of 2 American middle schoolers

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Geneva schools & Where 2 live - Parent of 2 American middle schoolers

My husband is starting a new job in central Geneva.  we will be moving to Geneva from Connecticut/Chicago.  I have 2 kids-one in 8th & one in 6th.  the international school-la grand boissiere has spot for the 8th grader & one in Founex for the 6th grader.  Is this doable?  we have about $5000 per month to spend on housing.  suggestions? we like the idea of living in the city.  thoughts? anyone know anything about youth hockey programs? both of the kids play.

The text you are quoting:

My husband is starting a new job in central Geneva.  we will be moving to Geneva from Connecticut/Chicago.  I have 2 kids-one in 8th & one in 6th.  the international school-la grand boissiere has spot for the 8th grader & one in Founex for the 6th grader.  Is this doable?  we have about $5000 per month to spend on housing.  suggestions? we like the idea of living in the city.  thoughts? anyone know anything about youth hockey programs? both of the kids play.

kirsten lSep 26, 2010 @ 11:27
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin

1 Replies | 554 Views      |  Send to friend

Only members can see photos
Only members can see names and photos
Re: Geneva schools & Where 2 live - Parent of 2 American middle schoolers
Post 1

Hi Kirsten.

I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you, but I do have some advice.

When asking complete strangers to spend time helping you, it's wise / customary to start your post with a short intro and end it with something like 'thanks for your help...'

Nobody likes to be taken for granted, so, when posting a request, spend a few more seconds wording your post in a way that makes people want to help you.

Good luck.

Oded

The text you are quoting:

Hi Kirsten.

I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you, but I do have some advice.

When asking complete strangers to spend time helping you, it's wise / customary to start your post with a short intro and end it with something like 'thanks for your help...'

Nobody likes to be taken for granted, so, when posting a request, spend a few more seconds wording your post in a way that makes people want to help you.

Good luck.

Oded

SiteAdmin Oded, Sep 26, 2010 @ 13:26
Your Reply:
Reply  Reply With Quote  Thank Poster
! Report to Admin
1 Replies | 554 Views      |  Send to friend

Feedback Form